View Poll Results: What is your favorite Rinseless Wash?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ONR

15 55.56%
  • ONRWW

9 33.33%
  • CG EcoWash

0 0%
  • HD Touch / 3d waterless

0 0%
  • detail juice

1 3.70%
  • blackfire rinseless

0 0%
  • turtlewax

0 0%
  • adams

0 0%
  • DG

0 0%
  • other

2 7.41%
    Post Thanks / Like

SON1C Synopsis 76 is a video review of the product that arguably made rinseless washing famous -- ONR. Optimum No Rinse has many uses but of course it`s main use is Rinse-less washing your car. In this video review I perform a quick how to tutorial on rinseless washing and then give my extended review on the product and an awesome product to pair ONR with which is Mothers Back-To-Black Tire Renew (Rinseless Tire Cleaner). After the intro skip to 4:55 to just view the review portion.
    How to Rinseless Car Wash with Optimum No-Rinse + ONR Review on Black Mustang GT - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Very good video and explanation. `I do basically what you do as far as technique is concerned. `There is one difference I noticed and that is with the amount of washing solution used on the vehicle. `You squeeze out a lot of water from your towel prior to washing whereas I just barely squeeze out excess water. `When I take my towels out of the bucket (Gary Dean method) I give them just a slight squeeze and then begin my wash with a very wet towel. `I believe that on the first pass the towel should be virtually soaking wet. `I usually mix two or three gallons up and use half a dozen towels at least. `There is always plenty of solution afterwards that is just tossed out anyway. `

`

I would then use a damp towel for the drying and a totally dry towel for the buff and final pass. `I have started to skip the damp towel part and go directly to a microfiber waffle weave for drying, thereby saving one step. `Your method only requires one drying step as well because you do not put nearly as much solution on the vehicle as I do which allows you to get by without using a waffle weave. `Everyone has there own technique and you showed and explained yours very well - good job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shortspark

Very good video and explanation. `I do basically what you do as far as technique is concerned. `There is one difference I noticed and that is with the amount of washing solution used on the vehicle. `You squeeze out a lot of water from your towel prior to washing whereas I just barely squeeze out excess water. `When I take my towels out of the bucket (Gary Dean method) I give them just a slight squeeze and then begin my wash with a very wet towel. `I believe that on the first pass the towel should be virtually soaking wet. `I usually mix two or three gallons up and use half a dozen towels at least. `There is always plenty of solution afterwards that is just tossed out anyway. `

`

I would then use a damp towel for the drying and a totally dry towel for the buff and final pass. `I have started to skip the damp towel part and go directly to a microfiber waffle weave for drying, thereby saving one step. `Your method only requires one drying step as well because you do not put nearly as much solution on the vehicle as I do which allows you to get by without using a waffle weave. `Everyone has there own technique and you showed and explained yours very well - good job!

Thanks shortspark! Appreciate the elaborate response. `I took out a bit more than I usually do in this video I agree and people will vary exactly how they do it. I typically presoak panels too. `I use the garry dean wash method too (not reusing towels etc) Agreed definitely on the same page.

What is your favorite WW towel? You definitely seem to have a good method down as well! Thanks again and thanks for taking the time to view my video `

I do it more so like you describe in this video using infinite use detail juice gdwm
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vDEEM3We4

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, you are going to wish you never asked me about microfiber towels!! `My supply of microfiber towels is unending! `In fact, I would say I fancy myself a collector, like some people collect coins or stamps. `I have some in my supply that I have not used in years! `I always used Cobras WW for drying (and still do now and then), then graduated to these: http://neatitems.com/Micro-Fiber-Waf...els-24x48.html. ``But lately I found something even better -`http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness-dry-me-crazy-25-x-17/. `These are really great drying towels but I usually use them after a full shampoo when I need all the drying help I can get. `It is plusher than a WW of course which is all the better for when I use a drying aid such as AquaWax or Lucas Speed Shine. `This kind of towel seems to not only dry better but at the same time it works in the drying aid better than WW. `By that I mean I have less streaking. `I still like WW for rinseless washes where the water on the panels is not nearly as great.

`

The best all around towel for just about anything (with some limitations) is my old stand-by towel that I`ve used for a long time so I have to mention it - Meguiars Supreme Shine. `I also like the Griot`s dedicated wax removal towels for wax and sealants removal. `Recently, I have been experimenting with a new outfit called The Rag Company. `I`ve bought several kinds of towels from them (mostly the plush type) and have been impressed with the quality/price ratio. `I think they may still have their free shipping on Fridays which lowers the cost still further. `

`

For the kind of wash you are showing on this video, I like to use these:`http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html. `I have half a dozen of them and use them probably more than any other towel in my inventory. `For any kind of buffing or QD work I like the ultra plush types and even go so far as the double joined towels such as these Chinchillas which you can find under different names. `http://www.autogeek.net/chinchilla-buffing-cloth-combo.html.

`

There are countless more in my arsenal but these are the ones I go to most often. `Oh, I can`t forget Sam`s cheapo bundled pack of microfibers that are great for the grunt work but I don`t usually put them on paint. `I am sure they won`t hurt if you`re careful but I have lots of better ones for that. `By now I know you are sorry you asked but there you have it. `Keep up the good work on your videos - a picture is worth a thousand words but a video is worth a million!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m starting to gradually incorporate rinseless washes into *some* of my washes, using IUDJ.` Still using my foamgun/BHB combo for the initial passes though, and only doing this on vehicles that are far less dirty than usual.

Post Thanks / Like
    At some point, if not already in some areas, water will be more valuable than land. Rinseless is the only choice for some, and thank goodness Dr G is a visionary and saw the need to lead the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent video indeed!! I chose 3D/HD, but I think ONR is just as good. I love using both.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

ONRWW for straight washes, ONR for cars I detail. I might run into 1-2 cars a year that are too dirty for ONR so its my primary wash method. Whats remarkable is how often when I return to a customer`s house that they have a bottle of ONR in their garage and they thank me for letting them know about it. I`ve had a couple customers tell me if it wasn`t for ONR they wouldn`t wash their own cars.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shortspark

Oh boy, you are going to wish you never asked me about microfiber towels!! `My supply of microfiber towels is unending! `In fact, I would say I fancy myself a collector, like some people collect coins or stamps. `I have some in my supply that I have not used in years! `I always used Cobras WW for drying (and still do now and then), then graduated to these: http://neatitems.com/Micro-Fiber-Waf...els-24x48.html. ``But lately I found something even better -`http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness-dry-me-crazy-25-x-17/. `These are really great drying towels but I usually use them after a full shampoo when I need all the drying help I can get. `It is plusher than a WW of course which is all the better for when I use a drying aid such as AquaWax or Lucas Speed Shine. `This kind of towel seems to not only dry better but at the same time it works in the drying aid better than WW. `By that I mean I have less streaking. `I still like WW for rinseless washes where the water on the panels is not nearly as great.

`

The best all around towel for just about anything (with some limitations) is my old stand-by towel that I`ve used for a long time so I have to mention it - Meguiars Supreme Shine. `I also like the Griot`s dedicated wax removal towels for wax and sealants removal. `Recently, I have been experimenting with a new outfit called The Rag Company. `I`ve bought several kinds of towels from them (mostly the plush type) and have been impressed with the quality/price ratio. `I think they may still have their free shipping on Fridays which lowers the cost still further. `

`

For the kind of wash you are showing on this video, I like to use these:`http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html. `I have half a dozen of them and use them probably more than any other towel in my inventory. `For any kind of buffing or QD work I like the ultra plush types and even go so far as the double joined towels such as these Chinchillas which you can find under different names. `http://www.autogeek.net/chinchilla-buffing-cloth-combo.html.

`

There are countless more in my arsenal but these are the ones I go to most often. `Oh, I can`t forget Sam`s cheapo bundled pack of microfibers that are great for the grunt work but I don`t usually put them on paint. `I am sure they won`t hurt if you`re careful but I have lots of better ones for that. `By now I know you are sorry you asked but there you have it. `Keep up the good work on your videos - a picture is worth a thousand words but a video is worth a million!!

haha no regrets here I love informative and elaborate replies such as yours. Thanks for sharing your experience / favored towels I`ll check them out!`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

I`m starting to gradually incorporate rinseless washes into *some* of my washes, using IUDJ.` Still using my foamgun/BHB combo for the initial passes though, and only doing this on vehicles that are far less dirty than usual.

bhb?

bilt hamber?

`
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleGrandpa

At some point, if not already in some areas, water will be more valuable than land. Rinseless is the only choice for some, and thank goodness Dr G is a visionary and saw the need to lead the way.

rinseless could certainly be the only option available one day!`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

Excellent video indeed!! I chose 3D/HD, but I think ONR is just as good. I love using both.`

Thanks David!`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

ONRWW for straight washes, ONR for cars I detail. I might run into 1-2 cars a year that are too dirty for ONR so its my primary wash method. Whats remarkable is how often when I return to a customer`s house that they have a bottle of ONR in their garage and they thank me for letting them know about it. I`ve had a couple customers tell me if it wasn`t for ONR they wouldn`t wash their own cars.`

how would you compare onrww vs onr (goes to anyone)

Thanks for sharing good info!`

Post Thanks / Like

bhb = boar`s hair brush.` Accum himself popularized those on this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Right, BHB= Boar`s Hair Brush.`

`

Used in conjunction with a foamgun (spray output at point of BHB-to-paint contact) it effects a "dislodge and flush" method of washing that gets the big stuff off safely.` When done properly, it`s too gentle to get things 100% clean, so I follow up with either a mitt-with-foamgun or (maybe, if I`m feeling lucky), if the vehicle wasn`t very dirty to start with, a Rinseless Wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SON1C

`

how would you compare onrww vs onr (goes to anyone)

Thanks for sharing good info!`

`

Both clean very effectively, just a bit more pop and slickness with ONRWW. Its like I washed and waxed it. I know my son likes how it looks on his car too, customers are all very happy.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Both clean very effectively, just a bit more pop and slickness with ONRWW. Its like I washed and waxed it. I know my son likes how it looks on his car too, customers are all very happy.`

have you since ditched onr for onrww then? iirc they`re the same price?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I previously bought a gallon of ONR and I more recently bought 2 gallons of ONRWW. Awesome product.

Thread Information