Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss 105 Streaking and Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine -

Hey guys I’ve been reading through these forums for a while now and decided to finally sign up.

I have looked at a few threads regarding streaking with the Duragloss 105 but I have more detailed question to ask.

I have used the 601 and 105 on a few cars now and it seems like I will get streaking each time, it seems the thinner the layer I put the less streaking occurs though.

The bottle its self even warns of this “Soft or uncured paint may streak due to uneven pressure. These can be removed by wiping with a damp towel”

This is true I have been able to see some streaks early and when using a damp towel they remove easily.

The only problem is if the streaking dries then nothing will get them out; you literally have to buff them out again. (I’m not sure if others have experienced this or if you know a method to remove them easily)

So my question is can you use Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine to solve this issue before it’s too late. Since this product states that it actually bonds with polishes to increase shine I thought this might be a possibility. But how long would you let the 105 settle before applying Fast Clean and Shine, some sites report that sealants need 24 hours bonding before applying anything else, but this would seem to long as the streaking would probably dry by then. Or does the Fast Clean and Shine contain properties that if applying say 1 hour after wouldn’t cause issues.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    How much are you using? If its more than 1/2oz per car, you are using too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    How much are you using? If its more than 1/2oz per car, you are using too much.

Well not alot, its about 3 spots on the pad per section.

Some times i struggle to even see it on the paint.

Each time i do it im putting less.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are plenty of products that streak, but 105 isn`t really one of them, so something else has to be going on. A few questions to hopefully isolate the issue:

3 spots on what sized pad? Its all relative, to some people 3 spots means three sausage patty sized globs on an 8" pad. I suggest using a travel sized shampoo bottle (3.5oz) . Fill it 1/3 way and aim to use 1/2 or less.

Are the pads you are using brand new? Have you tried using a brand new pad?

What are you prepping the paint with? Have you tried doing an IPA wipedown before you apply 105?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Dan,

The bottle of 105 even suggests that Soft or uncured paint may streak due to uneven pressure, so i thought there might be a way to fix it, as it doesnt look good if the car has a dark colour

However as far as the application goes I use Foam Applicator Pads that are 115mm diameter. (Car Care Products / Mint / Car Accessories / Applicators / Foam Applicator Pads) The spots are about the size of a green pea, each time I do it i try and use less but im finding it hard to even know if its on the paint i guess this comes with practice.

The pads have only done about 4 cars all of which had some form of streaking, the last car i did i used what i thought was very little product and still got streaking.

As far as paint Prep Goes, all paint surfaces were clay bared and had some type of machine polishing, car is always washed prior to the sealants going on,

Surface is prepped with Duragloss 601 Bonding Agent then applied with 105 after it has been on the surface for 15 mins.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything sounds normal but I think it would be good to just eliminate all the variables. Try this on a single panel:

-Wash and dry (ONR is fine)

-Wipe panel down with IPA, 3 times

-Allow to dry for 30 minutes

-Apply just 105, no PBA, using a new applicator pad and two pea sized dots

-Allow to dry completely (use swipe test)

-Wipe off using a fresh/new towel

If it still streaks then, its definitely either the paint or the product. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dan, i also forget to mention that the streaking is more apparent on the roof and the bonnet, its raining alot here in sydney, when i get a chance im going to try your advise above,

I will post back Results

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dan,

So over the week end I looked into tackling this issue,

I gave the car a full wash and stripped all protection, I took this opportunity to give the car a full clay and especially go over the areas with the streaking roof and bonnet,

The streaking was still there, so I actually had to buff it out with a DA.

Anyway once all was done I cleaned the car and did a full IPA wipe down,

Applied a very thin layer of 601 waited 15 mins applied a thin layer of 105, waited 6 hours applied Fast clean and Shine.

Allowed the car to bond/cure for another 18 hours,

Checked the car in light and no streaking this time.

Not sure if it was due to using less product or doing a IPA as I have never used a IPA before but regardless its gone now,

I will report back after my first wash and let you know if streaks have return but so far so good many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, glad you got it sorted out. I`ve been in the same spot a few times, having issues with a product few people have problems with. It usually comes out to some weird variable. Keep us posted.

Thread Information