Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t been around in a while. Just picked up a new car to complement my summer ride (911) and want to get it protected before winter. I used and loved PGP when it came out. Have opinions changed on that product or is it still a good easy alternative for paint protection?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would other people`s opinions change how well the product worked for you before? You were apparently pleased with it when you used it before - I doubt sitting on a shelf (within a reasonable period of time) would change anything about it.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    Why would other people`s opinions change how well the product worked for you before? You were apparently pleased with it when you used it before - I doubt sitting on a shelf (within a reasonable period of time) would change anything about it.

Other peoples opinions wouldn`t change how it worked for me before. There may however be a newer better product that might be mentioned that I may buy instead based on recommendations here-the reason I started the thread.

Thanks for trolling.:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it has been suffering from flavor de jour syndrome. Of people that have tried both, I have not heard of one saying UPGP was better than Optiseal, but a whole lot of people (me included) say Optiseal is better. And then there is ZCS, in a distant third spot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most people like UPGP over Opti-Seal, mostly for the extra durability. I use UPGP and its great, haven`t used Opti-Seal, so I don`t know how they compare. I am going to be trying out A.Quartz Reload soon.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MLindgren
    I haven`t been around in a while. Just picked up a new car to complement my summer ride (911) and want to get it protected before winter. I used and loved PGP when it came out. Have opinions changed on that product or is it still a good easy alternative for paint protection?

Posted the same question about three weeks ago...

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...uard-plus.html

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help to those of you that offered some. Just ordered up a 12 oz bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MLindgren
    Other peoples opinions wouldn`t change how it worked for me before. There may however be a newer better product that might be mentioned that I may buy instead based on recommendations here-the reason I started the thread.

Thanks for trolling.:think:

Wasn`t trying to troll, just curious why you had something sitting there that worked well and you were pleased with but were looking for something else based on what other people think.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Of people that have tried both, I have not heard of one saying UPGP was better than Optiseal, but a whole lot of people (me included) say Optiseal is better. And then there is ZCS, in a distant third spot.
    Not trying to be augmentative yakky but I think quite a few have stated they prefer UPGP over Optiseal. From memory they were happy with the look but loved the durability. Others have preferred the look of Optiseal, saying that UPGP lacked depth. I haven`t tried either so I have no axe to grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Not trying to be augmentative yakky but I think quite a few have stated they prefer UPGP over Optiseal. From memory they were happy with the look but loved the durability. Others have preferred the look of Optiseal, saying that UPGP lacked depth. I haven`t tried either so I have no axe to grind.

I was going from memory, but if you have posts to prove me wrong... Optiseal looks better to me.

Thread Information