Post Thanks / Like
    Currently saving for flex but in the mean time stuck with this uncomfy spot

Friends STI hasn`t been touched in years and haven`t seen it yet so I figure it`s prolly bad.

My family cars--with the exception of the Protege--they seem to be ok so figure claybar and collinite should suffice..

My question is, when should I used the polish or a cleaner? and which product would best fit my needs?

I want the collinite to safely bond to the car and just want to make sure that after I claybar, it`s ready to have the collinite put on.

Though I`d love to work on getting the compound/polish thing done...for now, until I can afford the Flex, I don`t think corrections by hand are feasible, so I`m just trying to clean/protect/keep safe w.e. you want to call it untill I can afford w.e. I need

Thnx guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Most stuff that works OK via PC/Flex will also work OK by hand, but doing a whole car would be a real challenge. Not that it can`t be done; Scottwax did it for a living for years.

And some stuff you *have* to do by hand (corrections of fingernail scratches behind Audi doorhandles is my pet example). For those I use M105/M205 type approaches, just do it by hand instead of machine.

You could do Meg`s Ultimate Compound or something similar and get really great results if you were willing/able to work at it enough. But IRL that`s a mighty big "if" IMO.

So I`d go with that 1Z Paint Polish because it`s basically a potent cleaner-wax and will yield satisfactory results with a reasonable amount of effort. Top with Collinite and say "good enough".

Thread Information