View Poll Results: Who has the best leather products?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leather Masters

19 38.00%
  • Leatherique

13 26.00%
  • Z10 and Z9

4 8.00%
  • Lexol

1 2.00%
  • Pinnacle

1 2.00%
  • Wolfgang

3 6.00%
  • Connolly

4 8.00%
  • 1Z Einszett

5 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for a new set-up to clean/protect my leather on my new Infiniti.

In your opinion, which is the best leather product that is currently offered?

Unfortunately, due to limited space, the new upcoming brand "Leather Doctor" has been left out.

If you have a different brand that you believe is superior please post it!

Please provide your input!

Thanks,

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted for leather masters, but LTT products may replace those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    I voted for leather masters, but LTT products may replace those.

Have you used them yet? I have them but haven`t really had a car come in worthy of testing them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the ultra maintain which I really love. Its the only cleaner/ protectant I know of which doesnt contain oils, waxes, etc. On my Grand Cherokee, about 10- 12 sprays did the whole thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    Just the ultra maintain which I really love. Its the only cleaner/ protectant I know of which doesnt contain oils, waxes, etc. On my Grand Cherokee, about 10- 12 sprays did the whole thing.

I picked up the Auto Ultra 150 Kit and Leather Essence but have only used them on my car, which was already clean. The Leather Essence smells awesome but doesn`t seem to last very long....or maybe I could be that I`m just used to the smell. Reminds me of walking into a fine leather store though!

One of these days I`ll get around to doing a comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went with LeatherMasters, in part because it does *NOT* impart any particular fragrance of its own.

Pinnacle`s leather conditionaer can sometimes leave a weird whitish residue, so I`d sure buff off any excess.

I`ve also had good results with Sonus, and Griot`s has worked OK for me too. Their Leather Rejuvenator worked miracles on the Jag`s leather after [a shop that shall go unnamed] subjected it to some abuse.

I`d be careful with Lexol. I`ve seen (nonautomotive) leather goods gets "overconditioned" by it to the point that they got too soft to hold their original shape and in some cases even had issues around their stitching. That said, I`m using mine up on the dog leads and it`s working fine for that.

The Connolly Hide Food can go bad and get pretty rank, might oughta refrigerate that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I went with LeatherMasters, in part because it does *NOT* impart any particular fragrance of its own.

Pinnacle`s leather conditionaer can sometimes leave a weird whitish residue, so I`d sure buff off any excess.

I`ve also had good results with Sonus, and Griot`s has worked OK for me too. Their Leather Rejuvenator worked miracles on the Jag`s leather after [a shop that shall go unnamed] subjected it to some abuse.

I`d be careful with Lexol. I`ve seen (nonautomotive) leather goods gets "overconditioned" by it to the point that they got too soft to hold their original shape and in some cases even had issues around their stitching. That said, I`m using mine up on the dog leads and it`s working fine for that.

The Connolly Hide Food can go bad and get pretty rank, might oughta refrigerate that one.

I did not notice any fragrance with LTT cleaners/protectant either. From my limited use I`d say LTT and LM are very similar.

Gleam Master Detailing Streetlife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My vote is for Prima Nourish, i love that leather conditioner, the only one i use to treat leather.:2thumbs:

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used a bunch of good conditioners-Mothers, Duragloss, Lexol and Zaino. Of those Zaino is the only one that I`m aware of that claims UV protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    I did not notice any fragrance with LTT cleaners/protectant either. From my limited use I`d say LTT and LM are very similar.

Gotta admit I don`t know much about leather treatments as I simply don`t do much with my leather interiors except keep `em clean. Seems like I hardly ever treat them, though I do treat other leather goods quite often.

I`ve seen mention of LTT on the boards here, but I don`t know anything about it I like hearing that it doesn`t have that "luggage store" scent that so many people do like.

Care to school me about LTT?

Post Thanks / Like
    (I have only used LTT Ultra Maintain)

Yes, LTT and LM seem very similar. There are some differences. LTT claims their protectant provides more protection, LTT products come in much better bottles too. I`ve also never seen a LM AIO type product, which is a must have IMO. I cant comment on LTT`s cleaner and protectant yet though. LTT`s protectant DOES have UV protection.

People make a big deal about UV protection, but modern windows filter out 95%+ of UV rays, and even more so when the windows are tinted. But of course UV protection is important with convertibles and older cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG35S
    In your opinion, which is the best leather product that is currently offered?

Unless someone has tried and tested each one, it`s hard to give anything more than opinion. I like and use Leather Masters. I have yet to try LTT and Leather Dr, but hope to and assume they work excellent.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody let us (me) know when LTT is available from an US based reseller.

Thanks
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Unless someone has tried and tested each one, it`s hard to give anything more than opinion. I like and use Leather Masters. I have yet to try LTT and Leather Dr, but hope to and assume they work excellent.

Even if you try everything, its hard to give more than an opinion. It not like any real scientific testing is being done. What I`d love for people to do is compare/contrast the products they have tried. The only time I really see that happen is with polishes and LSPs, everything else is a whole bunch of "man this stuff is the best stuff ever, PS its the only one I`ve ever tried."

Many of us have tried one or two and grasping A to C is a lot easier if there is a good write-up from someone that used A and B and compared those two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Between, LM and LTT.. LM
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information