Post Thanks / Like
    Last Spring I decided I was going to go completely rinsless on my weekly maintenance washes once I used up traditional wash due to how much I liked using ONR last winter and how much easier it was. Well, it is winter now and I still have some of my traditional wash left but since it is getting pretty cold I am going to put the hose up and just do rinseless washes for the winter and bring out the traditional washes next Spring till they are gone.

Over the summer I made a purchase to Detailed Image (thanks for your great service George) and decided to throw in a 16 ounce bottle of CG`s version of rinsless wash called Eco Wash - keep in mind this is like ONR where you still use a bucket or two of water, it is not a water free wash. The bottle of Eco Wash has sat in my closet for several month as I try to work down my old washes but I just tried it for the first time yesterday (Saturday). The bottle says mix one ounce with 2 - 3 gallons of water. I put about 4.5 gallons of water in my wash bucket so I used two ounces.

The product does a really nice job cleaning, it cleans very thoroughly. One difference between Eco Wash and the other rinsless washes (ONR, DP`s version, etc.) is that is suds up a little. Nothing like a regular wash but you will notice suds on in the bucket and on your paint. I don`t know if it was the suds or just the chemical make up of the product but Eco Wash did a really good job cleaning up break dust and in the wheel wells. Again, I don`t know if this is due to the suds or not.

The one concern I had for the suds was when I was drying my car, the product initially gives you the impression that it will leave very bad streaking. Not sure how to explain it, you will just have to give it a try to see what I mean. However, as I continued drying my car using the two towel method that I use for ONR (one towel for drying off the majority of the wash solution, the second for the "final" drying to get rid of streaks) the streaking clears up and leaves a very nice, clean finish.

While this was my first time using the product, I really liked it. I will continue using it and post any additional insights I find. I will also periodically switch back and forth between Eco Wash and ONR and see if any other differences come to light which I will post on here.

I didn`t notice on the bottle any mention of using the product as a QD or Clay Lube. I would have to think it will be fine for either purpose. Next weekend I will probably clay my car before I reapply my LSP so I will make up a small conconction of the mix to try it as a clay lube and report on my findings.

So if you are ordering some products on Detailed Image consider throwing a bottle of Eco Wash in the order also to give it a try, I think you will like it. If anyone else has tried this product, please give your thoughts on the product also. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    Last Spring I decided I was going to go completely rinsless on my weekly maintenance washes once I used up traditional wash due to how much I liked using ONR last winter and how much easier it was. Well, it is winter now and I still have some of my traditional wash left but since it is getting pretty cold I am going to put the hose up and just do rinseless washes for the winter and bring out the traditional washes next Spring till they are gone.

Over the summer I made a purchase to Detailed Image (thanks for your great service George) and decided to throw in a 16 ounce bottle of CG`s version of rinsless wash called Eco Wash - keep in mind this is like ONR where you still use a bucket or two of water, it is not a water free wash. The bottle of Eco Wash has sat in my closet for several month as I try to work down my old washes but I just tried it for the first time yesterday (Saturday). The bottle says mix one ounce with 2 - 3 gallons of water. I put about 4.5 gallons of water in my wash bucket so I used two ounces.

The product does a really nice job cleaning, it cleans very thoroughly. One difference between Eco Wash and the other rinsless washes (ONR, DP`s version, etc.) is that is suds up a little. Nothing like a regular wash but you will notice suds on in the bucket and on your paint. I don`t know if it was the suds or just the chemical make up of the product but Eco Wash did a really good job cleaning up break dust and in the wheel wells. Again, I don`t know if this is due to the suds or not.

The one concern I had for the suds was when I was drying my car, the product initially gives you the impression that it will leave very bad streaking. Not sure how to explain it, you will just have to give it a try to see what I mean. However, as I continued drying my car using the two towel method that I use for ONR (one towel for drying off the majority of the wash solution, the second for the "final" drying to get rid of streaks) the streaking clears up and leaves a very nice, clean finish.

While this was my first time using the product, I really liked it. I will continue using it and post any additional insights I find. I will also periodically switch back and forth between Eco Wash and ONR and see if any other differences come to light which I will post on here.

I didn`t notice on the bottle any mention of using the product as a QD or Clay Lube. I would have to think it will be fine for either purpose. Next weekend I will probably clay my car before I reapply my LSP so I will make up a small conconction of the mix to try it as a clay lube and report on my findings.

So if you are ordering some products on Detailed Image consider throwing a bottle of Eco Wash in the order also to give it a try, I think you will like it. If anyone else has tried this product, please give your thoughts on the product also. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about this?

Waterless Detailing Waterless Wash System

I ask because i have not heard of a rinseless wash by CG. If this is the product you are talking about, it is meant to be a waterless wash, and leaves behind a bit of protection. Once you wipe it, you wait for it to haze, and then buff it off like a wax. If so, that could explain the streaking issue that you speak of. Couldnt find a "eco wash" on DI, so just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by acc1079
    Are you talking about this?

Waterless Detailing Waterless Wash System

I ask because i have not heard of a rinseless wash by CG. If this is the product you are talking about, it is meant to be a waterless wash, and leaves behind a bit of protection. Once you wipe it, you wait for it to haze, and then buff it off like a wax. If so, that could explain the streaking issue that you speak of. Couldnt find a "eco wash" on DI, so just curious.

That product is different than what I used, this is what I used from DI:

Chemical Guys Hose Free Eco Wash - 16 oz - Free Shipping Available | Detailed Image

For whatever reason, CG does not list this product on their website. Why they do that I have no idea. That is probably why you have not heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotcha

yeah, I was looking for something like that, but couldn`t find anything on it. Wanted to make sure it wasnt the eco smart wash you were using.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have gotten the hose free stright from CG but it is very hard as they only make it for there dealers to sell and do not sell it in house so to speak. I use both the hose free and ONR I tend to like the CG stuff better just looks cleaner then with the ONR but they are much the same and both work great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

To give CG Hose Free Eco Wash a more difficult test, I have purposely have not washed my car since I started this post (about two weeks ago). With all the snow and the salt, my car is the worst it has been since I have owned it. The Eco Wash did a great job, it cleaned up the wheel wells, the wheels, the tires, the paint and glass just great. I am really liking this product. I was planning to clay my car and use Eco Wash as the lubricant but the temperature was about about freezing so the clay was as hard as a rock. If it stays cold and I cannot clay next weekend I may switch back to ONR to compare them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Myself I don`t think claying under these conditions is a good idea .. I`d wait till you can wash the car normally and flood it to rinse it ... too big a chance of picking up winter grit in the clay and marring the surface.

And in reality claying in the winter is redundant... wait till spring.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    Myself I don`t think claying under these conditions is a good idea .. I`d wait till you can wash the car normally and flood it to rinse it ... too big a chance of picking up winter grit in the clay and marring the surface.

I can`t imagine it being a problem. There are numerous ONR only detailers who clay after an ONR wash all the time even on really dirty cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    And in reality claying in the winter is redundant... wait till spring.

Why is it redundant? I clay my car about three times a year, basically whenever I top off my sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    JMHO .. go for it ... reason I say its redundant during winter is because your going to get the majority of the contaminants in the winter.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Thread Information