Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have any experience with the product advertised on TV by Billy Mays called Simoniz Fix it? Has it worked for paint\clearcoat scratches and how have been your dealings with the manufacturer? Thanks for any help and discussion.

Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Lee,

IMHO, the Simonize brand is now synonymous with late night infomercial junk. They may or may not have products that meet some of their claims, but you`re not likely to find may people here who can get the "As Seen On TV" taste out of their mouth to try it.

There used to be a day when Simonize was a household name, like Turtle Wax. When`s the last time anyone said "I`m going to Simonize my car today"? Thirty years ago that`s exactly what people used to say!

Times change and brands go in different directions. Simonize went the "As Seen On TV" route.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check review on Amazon.com

Not good !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB

There used to be a day when Simonize was a household name, like Turtle Wax. When`s the last time anyone said "I`m going to Simonize my car today"? Thirty years ago that`s exactly what people used to say!

As funny as that is its true... at a recent detail clinic at the warehouse we had an older gentleman who wanted to know which step in the process was the `Simonize`.

Much like all cotton swabs are called q-tips, all tissues are called kleenex, all copiers are called xerox, etc Simonize became synonymous with car care. Its really a shame to see them pushing this obvious junk on infomercials... if someone had bought that name and run with it the right way it could be a very powerful thing.
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used that and I regret it (this was way before I had any clue about what I was doing). In the heat, it is IMPOSSIBLE to use correctly. And the darn thing says not to use in sunlight or else it will activate it. Well, that was the only place I can use it, and boy was it a problem since it immediately activated. Basically, it turned hard right away, and there is no chance to fix anything at that point. Plus, it activates when it`s still on the pen, so you can`t use it since it dries out all around the tip, which prevents the stuff from coming out. It deserves some sort of award for worst product design of all time.

I bought it as a recommendation from some guy who worked at Autozone. I guess he never hears the negative feedback, because after experiences like that you`d probably never go back.

Thread Information