Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just applied a coat of 1000P last Saturday on my white 4Runner. It was applied over Werkstat Prime and 2 coats of AJT. The AJT twins had a bright and wet look.

After the 1000P, the paint looked as if it had a thicker coat of clear coat as it had been described elsewhere. But, it also dulled the shine and it didn`t look as wet afterwards. It also seemed to have a pinkish hue, and it had a unpleasant plasticky look.

I read that it takes time to cure, and the appearance improves after 2 - 3 days, but that hasn`t been the case with me. It`s been 3 days and it still looks the same to me.

The other white car we have still has the Werkstats on it. And it still has the shimmering wet look to it. It`s quite a contrast between the two in my garage.

I`ll apply another coat after a wash and put FK 425 on it, and see if that improves the look. But, so far, I`m disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like any other product. Some people like it, some don`t. One of my vehicles is white and with all of the products I have there`s only so much I can do with the white paint. It looks ok, but not great. Now my dark color vehicles are a different story. I haven`t used 1000p on them though.

If you decide after trying it again that you don`t like it. I imagine someone on here would buy it from you..

Post Thanks / Like
    I always try to listen to the descriptions very closely. Then I gather the most important attributes and make a decision. This improves the hit-&-miss rate definitely.

Looks like the 1000P does exactly what it does normally, but you have different preferences. Try it on different colors and try to accept a different appearance (dry, thick clear vs. wetness). One is not better or worse, just different. I like to fine tune my car`s appearance according to my mood.

Post Thanks / Like
    same here, bosco. used it on a grey (mettalic) Honda Pilot. i waited a day after to check the "look" and it doesn`t do it for me. i`ll wait a few more days....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa1700
    Just like any other product. Some people like it, some don`t. One of my vehicles is white and with all of the products I have there`s only so much I can do with the white paint. It looks ok, but not great. Now my dark color vehicles are a different story. I haven`t used 1000p on them though.

If you decide after trying it again that you don`t like it. I imagine someone on here would buy it from you..

Very true. There have been so many products I almost threw away but decided to keep. With as much good feedback as there is on Fk1000p, you are bound to find a color/paint that it will look good on. Its not like this stuff just came out, its been around for a while. So much other stuff comes and goes, I usually wait a year or two for the hype to die. I`m just getting around to trying some for myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some LSP/paint combos work and others don`t, and then there`s personal preference....I use different LSPs on all of our vehicles for one reason or another.

Interesting about bosco381`s opinion about FK1000P on white though, that was something I had planned to try. I can pretty well figure out what bosco381 is saying and it has me thinking twice about whether I`ll try it or not. But then, different white paints can be very different too :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Bence may well be correct that this is what 1000P is supposed to look like, and that it`s just not my cup of tea.

I haven`t read anywhere else, though, that people had negative opinions on its looks before.

It looks like the car`s been covered in some type of gel that`s not 100% transparant - like it`s been applied with Vaseline. And the pinkish hue is a definite turn off for me.

Al least Scholar had a similar experience as me.

It looks tough as a nail though. Maybe I should`ve said that it looked like it`s been covered with a clear nail polish instead of Vaseline.

I`ll try some other stuff on top of it. I have FK`s No. 1 - their new car glaze. That car`s not new, but that`s all the car glaze I have now. Maybe I`ll try that along with 425.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator, a good combo for white is DG 501 and 105.

bosco381, after a day or so try topping 1000p with a carnauba and see how it looks. I know many do this with good results.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can be funny about white...I peferred Souveran on a white VW once. If this white car even comes about (long story) I`m gonna use something I already have though...no more new LSPs for me!

Funny...that pinkish hue effect isn`t something I woulda expected from FK1000P :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa1700
    Accumulator, a good combo for white is DG 501 and 105.

bosco381, after a day or so try topping 1000p with a carnauba and see how it looks. I know many do this with good results.

FK Pink wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 1000p as a base, then top with nuba. I like it a lot! I have plenty of depth, shine, and wetness.

I`ve topped it with SV Onyx, Natty`s White Wax, Souveran, and Trade Secret. All have looked great! I wouldn`t except it to look that great on top of another wax that`s made to look wet when 1000p isn`t.

Im gonna try M16 on top of it this week some time too PM me if you wanna sell it.
    Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bosco381
    FK Pink wax?

Yes, FK Pink wax has carnauba and a high grade polymer in it. PW imo is a lot like Wolfgang Fuzion. Both are Carnuaba/Polymer waxes.

PW has a lot more depth than 1000p. It`s a 9 rating on depth, while 1000p is a 4.

Now it won`t last as long as 1000p, but will give you a better look. jmo

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, gonna try to top it off with a nuba. was just bummed, i was expecting a better shine/look. anyway, i`m hoping to get a better deal on the "durability" side of 1000p!

question...can you top 1000p with another sealant like WDGPS/Blackfire, etc?

thanks to all

Post Thanks / Like
    i wouldn`t use a sealant after. You wont get the full durability of the sealant. If anything, sealant>1000p>nuba

My rule of thumb is sealants and 2 coats of wax MAX! If you skip the sealant, then still only 2 coats of wax.

Some feel the sealants limit the depth of the nubas so that`s why they dont use them. That and other reasons of course
    Hitachi SP18VA and PC-XP

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, my mistake, i thought 1000p was considered a sealant.

with my experience with it, I wouldn`t top it with a sealant because of the finish i got using it. nuba it is then!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information