Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What product(s) do YOU use to wash Microfiber towels ?

I use Tide powder in combo with a little of Dawn dish washing detergent and about 1 oz. of a degreaser like Purple Power or Mean Green. In the rinse I use about one oz. of Vinegar. I also use this to wash foam pads. Works for me.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Wool-lite in the gentle cycle and cold water.

Two seperate loads, one for top panels only MFs and the other for the lower panels, door jams, wheels, exhaust tips, etc.. MFs. If there are a few with really bad buildup and dirt I go 3 seperate loads. Inspect each after the wash/dry and remove any foreign debris if present.

So far so good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Chemical Guy`s MicroFiber Rejuvenator Microfiber Cleaning Detergent Concentrate.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see how woolite can remove wax, glazes, and other oils from Microfiber. Dawn has been used for years to clean birds that have been exposed to oil spills.

Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo
    Wool-lite in the gentle cycle and cold water.

Two seperate loads, one for top panels only MFs and the other for the lower panels, door jams, wheels, exhaust tips, etc.. MFs. If there are a few with really bad buildup and dirt I go 3 seperate loads. Inspect each after the wash/dry and remove any foreign debris if present.

So far so good.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    MICROPAK Micro Fiber Cleaner & Revitalizer (MFCR) is "A Spa Treatment For All Of Your Micro Fiber Products."

Use MICROPAK MFCR when you machine wash your microfiber towels and watch them emerge cleaner, plusher, revitalized and ready to perform better than towels that are washed with ordinary laundry detergents.

MICROPAK MFCR is an advanced, high-performance micro fiber cleaning formula that is designed to remove waxes, polymers, silicones, dirt and organic stains from all of your micro fiber products. MICROPAK MFCR utilizes the finest blend of specialized surfactants, emulsifiers, water softeners and rinsing agents to deep-clean and revitalize micro fiber better than ordinary laundry detergents. After washing with MICROPAK MFCR, your micro fiber products will be restored and revitalized to like new condition. You can get MFCR at Pakshak

Post Thanks / Like
    whatever laundry detergent is sitting on top of my washer.. It may be that I have a rather high end LG front load washing machine that really dosen`t even need detergent to get stains out but I`ve tried several different things and Haven`t noticed any difference in cleaning quality. I don`t think any one product is signifigantly better than another in this regards.. Go with whatever is cheapest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    I don`t see how woolite can remove wax, glazes, and other oils from Microfiber. Dawn has been used for years to clean birds that have been exposed to oil spills.

I`m by no means an expert, but I read somewhere on this forum that Wooli-lite is safe for MFs. I only use higher end MF`s on the panels and I go through several of them when working on the top panels (and to a lesser extent, the lower panels). They have never been caked with a build up of polish, sealant or wax, there is definitely residue on them, but it is not caked on. So far a wash with Wooli-lite and they have been good to go.

Now the MF`s I use for the wheel wells, wheels, engine bay, exhaust tips, etc.. (Target brand Vrooms) do not come back stain-free, but since I only use them for hardcore grime clean up I am not concerned with restoring them to like-new status. Maybe I`ll throw some Dawn in the next load and see how it works. Thx for the tip.

My higher end MF`s are from Detailer`s Domain, CGs and I just order a 10 pac of Eurow Shag Weave MFs (can`t wait for these to show up and give them a try).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    whatever laundry detergent is sitting on top of my washer.. It may be that I have a rather high end LG front load washing machine that really dosen`t even need detergent to get stains out but I`ve tried several different things and Haven`t noticed any difference in cleaning quality. I don`t think any one product is signifigantly better than another in this regards.. Go with whatever is cheapest.
    That maybe true for you Jake, but not for me. I have a front loader and my mf`s do come out cleaner and softer by using the Micropak Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Liquid regular Tide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Micro Fiber Restore

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    .. I have a front loader and my mf`s do come out cleaner and softer by using the ..[MF detergent].

Same here, and not just with my front-loader but also with my conventional washer. I *really* wish I could just use my regular detergents, and I do use them for the household MFs that I don`t much care about, but the MF detergents really do a much better job for me too.

We`ve discussed this many times, and textile experts have said how it shouldn`t work out that way. But it does IME. If somebody doesn`t need such detergents they can count their blessings.

I usually use whichever MF detergent I can get cheapest (already ordering from the vendor, or a sale, or whatever..) but they seem to all work about the same for me. I did think that the CG`s one was a little inferior, but I dunno if it was the detergent or the soiling or what and I wouldn`t really hesitate to buy it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    The primary difference between Woolite and regular Tide is that Woolite is free of enzymes, brighteners, and fragrances. Neither has dyes or softeners. Gain He also has softeners.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    bump replies and comments please
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    What product(s) do YOU use to wash Microfiber towels ?

I use Tide powder in combo with a little of Dawn dish washing detergent and about 1 oz. of a degreaser like Purple Power or Mean Green. In the rinse I use about one oz. of Vinegar. I also use this to wash foam pads. Works for me.

I use Micro-Restore in the wash and then vinegar in the first of 2 rinse cycles. Probably overkill. If i`m out of Micro-Restore, I`ll use Simple Green instead.

Does the Tide Powder break down enough for you? I thought it`s better to use a liquid detergent on mf`s?

Post Thanks / Like
    The tide powder breaks down very well. I have a front loader. I use the extra water feature and the extra rinse. Then a vinegar rinse. Tide has always been a favor of Consumer Reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage
    I use Micro-Restore in the wash and then vinegar in the first of 2 rinse cycles. Probably overkill. If i`m out of Micro-Restore, I`ll use Simple Green instead.

Does the Tide Powder break down enough for you? I thought it`s better to use a liquid detergent on mf`s?
    MDRX8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information