Post Thanks / Like
    i just bought some 111 yesterday to try out since my local carquest has all of the DG products on sale. from other posts here (and the looks of the box/bottle), the product may be old.

soooo, i called DG to ask if they could tell me the expiration and/or date of manufacture of my product. a second woman picked up the phone and just said "your product is fine...our reps visit the stores and remove any old product".

ok. so i responded with "can you please check the bar code or product number just to verify for me? it appears old and i`ve read on detailing forums that some stores still sell old product".

her response: "your product is fine"

end of call.

um, ok. i was very polite and asked a simple question.
    2007 Lexus IS350 | Tungsten Pearl

2012 Honda Accord LX-S | Polished Metal Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    The typical shelf life of the sealant is 2-3 years, so I`m sure it is fine. Personally, I would not go with 111 though, as 105 is way ahead in terms of new sealant technology, durability, looks, and ease of use. Their 111 is *very* old school compared to 105...
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that she should have handled that differently, but if the product looked old, why did you buy it?
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    i have 105...i just picked up the 111 to try it.

ALL of the packaging there was very dirty/old looking...so it may just be that their storage areas are very dirty. i bought it because it was on sale and i like DG.

i called DG because someone else here posted that when they called they were told their product was THREE years old and DG replaced it. just common sense to me...call them to verify it`s ok. if it is, great, i got a good price. if not, return it or get a replacement. very simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess, but it just seems like a lot of effort for a bottle that you thought initially was "too old".
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    posting about it was more effort than the phone call...just sharing the customer service experience with others.

Post Thanks / Like
    glad i don`t have to worry about old DG products on the shelves of my local carquest. i happened to walk in one day and they just arrived still in the boxes, on the cart ready to be put out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just call again and ask for someone else if you get the same person.

Post Thanks / Like
    You want to talk to Jerry or Bill.

Post Thanks / Like
    paradigm,

I feel your pain...At my local Carquest or Napa stores the DG products are grungy, faded labels from sunlight and just do not look like products I want sitting on my shelf at home for customers to see if they are in my garage. Now that so many online vendors carry DG products my next order for Duragloss products will probably come from one of the online vendors I shop with.

Sorry for your experience with customer service as well :bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paradigm
    i just bought some 111 yesterday to try out since my local carquest has all of the DG products on sale. from other posts here (and the looks of the box/bottle), the product may be old.

soooo, i called DG to ask if they could tell me the expiration and/or date of manufacture of my product. a second woman picked up the phone and just said "your product is fine...our reps visit the stores and remove any old product".

ok. so i responded with "can you please check the bar code or product number just to verify for me? it appears old and i`ve read on detailing forums that some stores still sell old product".

her response: "your product is fine"

end of call.

um, ok. i was very polite and asked a simple question.
    Wow, that wasn`t very helpful or professional of her. I hate it when CSR act like you`re inconveniencing them when you call. It`s like they forget that the key word in thier job title is CUSTOMER, without us they wouldn`t have a job.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a bottle of 111 from napa or carquest..forgot which one....but any ways it did not look right..it was kinda curddled.....so I called DG and talked to Bill and told him..I told him it had the free sample of bug remover in it..I was told it was old stock and was shipped a new fresh one.....what was packed in yours......Guess they do promos once in awhile in throw something in beside a sample of shampoo....

always ask for Jerry or bill....The lady at the desk is just a person to take orders....

They may ask that you send in the old stuff..so they can see what happened...

Remember DG is not well known in the car care prosducts in auto stores..they grab what they know..Megs..turtle...mothers...and the DG sits in the wharehouse getting old....I have seen bottles of Fast Clean and shine that were yellow from age..also old packaging containers from yester year....

When I buy the polishes I buy from them..I know i get fresh stuff...I am trying to talk them in to putting 105 in 32 oz bottles like they have for 101...101 is a great AIO ....and base for 105

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up a couple bottles of 951 today, have a couple bottles of 105 on the way.....my local Car Quest didn`t have any on hand but they are getting some from a So Cal store and they should be here by Wednesday.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Thread Information