Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering if anybody is buying into the "dimples" gimmic on the new CCS pads? Don`t mean to put people on the spot or anything...but I`m pretty sure it`s just a way to generat hype...kinda like their LCVC design, or the flowered design of the American Buffing/Propel pads (which I love).

Don`t get me wrong, I`m not questioning whether or not the CCS pads are good (in fact, it looks like they got some good things going for them...basically flat design, softer/more flexible foam underneath, edge to edge backing, etc.), BUT my gut instinct just tells me the "nipple" thing they got going doesn`t make a hoot of difference. I`ll find out when I get my CMA order in next week.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand the concept of closed cell foam dimples keeping the polish on the surface. The "nipple" seems useless to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going wait out on this one here. I need like 100`s of reviews, then maybe I join the "dimple" wagon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know.... I didnt really give it any thought until I read this thread. Im really interested in using them, trying them, and will have a set real soon.

I hope its not a hype thing... if thats the case then Ill just order more flats. I do see the dimple design at least being a nice design to aid in flinging product when you first turn the rotary on.

I guess we`ll see, huh?
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 35TH LE
    Ya know.... I didnt really give it any thought until I read this thread. Im really interested in using them, trying them, and will have a set real soon.

I hope its not a hype thing... if thats the case then Ill just order more flats. I do see the dimple design at least being a nice design to aid in flinging product when you first turn the rotary on.

I guess we`ll see, huh?

Actually, I see the dimples near the edges as potentially leading to MORE sling, not less.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best thing to do is use a product and then form your own opinion instead of assuming things. If it seems like a gimmick you could always try it out for yourself. If you don`t like the pads I am sure someone would buy them from you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who lives in a hot and humid climate get some yet?

I`m interested in knowing if they retain their shape, since the process used to create those is reversed in some cases due to atmospheric conditions.

I had some similar pads made up this summer and by the time the samples got to me, half the pads had returned to their original state with some obvious distortions where that process had been done. This all happened just during the UPS route.

This would not be an issue in the fall where LC is located, since it`s so blasted cold and dry.

If they do retain their shape, it`ll be time to put on my detective hat and figure out why. There`s no end to the pad gimmicks that could be created if a reliable process has been created! Nipples for everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny.

Thread Information