Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought this Ridgid shop vac (WD4050) last week and was looking to get a better hose for it. I purchased the 10 ft prohose (34.99$) at Home Depot (on left hand side of pic) and was happy with it. It was much better quality than the stock hose and the extra 3 ft made it easier to work in the car. The prohose came with some adaptors to hook it up to my vac. Then today i ran across the Mr Nozzle hose (right side of pic) while shopping at the local tool shop (Tools R Us Montclair Cali). For 37.00$ you get a 12ft hose, same quality as the pro hose. A claw attachment and a crevice tool are included with the hose and an attachment to attach it to my vac. For 3.00$ more i thought it was a good deal, the same claw attachment included with Mr Nozzle sells at Home Depot for 9.00$! Plus the extra 2ft allow me to clean my Tahoe without moving the vac. Both the hoses are the exact same quality and look and feel the same except for the extra 2ft. Here are some pics you can check out. They sell the Mr Nozzle on Amazon and if you Google "Mr Nozzle" you will get their website which also shows other retailers.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nacho, I just emailed Mr. Nozzle to see if it would fit the WD4050 because I hate the stock hose. They weren`t sure but told me to measure the diameter of the hose outlet so that they could determine what adapter would be required. I just haven`t gotten out to measure it so could you tell me what kit number and/or adapter you needed for that vaccum. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The 12ft hose kit (not sure of the #) does fit the 4050. the kit i bought (see pic of box) directly plugs into the 4050 port. The only difference is that the stock hose has the posi lock feature (not sure if that is the name) that is supposed to keep the hose on the vac when you tug on it and the Mr Nozzle does not. It works on friction. Not really a big deal i think since i tugged on the hose to make sure it was seated securely into the vac and had no problems with it detaching. Hope i answered your question correctly but if not when i get home i will take pics with a measuring tape and post them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nacho!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    3 or 4 years ago I purchased 100 ft. of hose from this company. I went to the home office in corona when I still lived in California. I use the hose every dau in my shop and have not had any problems with it.

I dont have a 100 ft. hooked up. Just 25 ft for each vac and an extractor. I have it in a blue color.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Post Thanks / Like
    twopu the black end of the Mr Nozzle measures 2 1/4 inches it fits into the 4050 without any special adaptors. Here are a couple of more pics.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nacho, your the man!!! I now have another thing to ad to my Christmas list.

THANKS!!!

Thread Information