it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after having used Eagle 1 NanoWax Spray about 2-3 times I feel I should express my thoughs and feelings on it. Sorry no pictures, price breakdowns, etc. like some other members, just a couple of my thoughs. Please take this "mini review" with a grain of salt, as with everything YMMV

I picked this up while getting some car parts for my car a month or two ago at Autozone. I read a couple positive reviews on it here, and figured why not for a little over $6 with tax. This was my first use of any type of "spray wax" on my car. I knew I wasn`t going to get great durability, but figured if this can save me time and conceal swirls (black Honda :hairpull ), it would be worth it. I don`t have the time or patience to spend too much time detailing my car as often as I should.

The smell is pleasing to me (vanillaroma), but I can see it being bothersome to others. Application was pretty easy. I gave it a shake before using, lightly sprayed on, wiped it around with one MF, then removed with another MF. As for time saving, I really didn`t see any compared to any other LSP. I did experience problems with it streaking on my black paint. My car was cool to the touch and was in the shade. I found I had to rewipe areas multiple times to get rid of them.

Appearance wise it looked good. It did give me a nice shine, and it did seem to hide some swirls somewhat. My car is black and hasn`t been polished since the fall. Once I got it in direct sunlight the swirls weren`t too too bad.

Durability was medicore. I wouldn`t push it more than 2-3 weeks, which I expected for a spray wax that cost $6.

Overall I feel it`s not a terrible product; but there are much better choices. Not to badmouth this particular product; but I`m not overly impressed with spray waxes as a whole. They really don`t save me too much time, and aren`t too cost effective for a weekend warrior like me. The streaking I got with my car also annoyed me because I had to rewipe areas that I already did, which could have induced more marring, and wasted more of my time.

I think I`m going to reserve this product for my door jambs. It wasn`t too durable or too time efficient for me to choose it over any of my other dedicated LSPs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive tried Nano spray and to me its a great product.I didnt have any streaking problem. As far as durability.3 to 5 weeks is all you can expect from a spray wax. Spray wax is not going to last a couple of months, it good if you apply it monthly or bimonthly. Its for people that want that just waxed look all the time. Although I like Nano spray, my new favorette is Aquawax. Aquawax looks like it will last much longer then Nano spray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrencea
    Aquawax looks like it will last much longer then Nano spray.

IDK, I only get 2-3 weeks out of it. It`s a nice product I wouldn`t trust it as a standalone LSP.

Does Nanowax spray apply/remove like a QD, the way Aquawax does? It seems from your review that Nanowax is more like Poorboy`s QW+...a liquid wax that you are trying to force into becoming a spray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the informative mini-review. I find spray waxes to be really hard to classify and review - a lot of it depends on they way they are marketed...Is it a dedicated LSP or a "booster" wax? Thanks again for your thoughts.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    lawrencea: Did you use it on a dark colored car? I wonder if that has anything to do with it. :nixweiss

Sherman: I don`t know I`ve never used QD+. This product did seem to be on the thick side. It spread pretty easy, but removal wasn`t the easiest.

MCA: From the description on the label, as well as the website this is suppose to be a stand alone LSP, not a booster spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve never had streaking issues with it. also, I only use one towel, the stuff works in and "disappears" with just one for me. I much prefer this to optimum, and I like the look a lot better too.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`JohnnyDaJackal`]lawrencea: Did you use it on a dark colored car? I wonder if that has anything to do with it. :nixweiss I used it on a dark green car. A friend of mine used it on a black car and a maroon car. Spray lightly and wipe with a mf towel till dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it and application was just fine. No streaking. Fragrance is a little strong for me, but nice. Gloss and slickness were better than average, but noting to rave over. It did not hold up to washing, so I can`t see it being a wax replacement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    I tried it and application was just fine. No streaking. Fragrance is a little strong for me, but nice. Gloss and slickness were better than average, but noting to rave over. It did not hold up to washing, so I can`t see it being a wax replacement.

Yep, I would agree as well, definetly not a wax replacementm, but it has its place in my regimen for certain cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    EO Nanowax spray streaked for me on my silver WRX (very fine smearing), I can only imagine it would have been more visible on a dark car. Since that kind of smearing is probably my #1 detailing pet peeve, my bottle is going into my "giveaway" bin.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple bottles and it`s alright...
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Thread Information