Post Thanks / Like

(Wife) 2012 Hyundai Tucson

So here are some shots of the damage on the front end. I think she was going 5 mph max. Totals came up to $5,700. Replaced hood, both fenders, both headlights, ac compressor, radiator support, bumper bracket, bumper, cowl, air dam undercarriage and misc pieces.

New panels had some dents in them so I pulled/filled those, sanded "ecoat" with some 320 and primed over filler areas.

2 Coats of House of Kolor KD3000 mixed as a sealer. I used the Devilbiss Pro Lite with a 1.3.

Sherwin Williams ATX basecoat. It covered good enough in 1 coat but I put a second on anyway. I used a Sata 3000 rp with a 1.3

And the Sherwin Williams Dimension DC5020. 2 Coats. I got the IR heaters out to speed up the drying process for all three paint steps. I used the Sagola 4500x with the 1.3 clear cap for this.

Should be doing bumper and grille tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Wife) 2012 Hyundai Tucson

Looks great. Is that your garage? Real nice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jtford95 View Post
    Looks great. Is that your garage? Real nice
    Yeah that`s my garage. My wife and I found another house with a 24x24 shop. Thinking about putting in an offer. Where I live I can`t afford a house with enough land to do anything.
    Likes jtford95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is nice. Looks like a good size too

Post Thanks / Like

I started with some 3m Trizact 1500 on the DA. I mainly did this so it would be easier to see all the dust nibs that I needed to sand/buff out. As you can see there were lots of them. I sprayed this one in my garage and have to have the door open for ventilation so I was expecting this. After the 1500 I used some 2000 grit wet on a stir stick to sand each nib out by hand. I followed that up with some 3m Trizact 3000 grit over the whole hood. I buffed with 3D AAT Compound with a 3D wool pad followed by the same compound with an orange foam pad to remove the swirls left from the wool. I finished it up with some 3D HD Polish on a white pad. All done with a rotary. My microfiber left some small marring as seen with the light shot. It`s going to get swirled up the first time my wife washes it anyway...

Likes RaysWay, tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks RaysWay thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much got her put together. This new clear is SOFT. Doesn`t take much to mar the finish. Hopefully it will harden up a bit soon. I still need to buff the whole car but it will have to wait because I have a few more paying jobs coming up.

Not sure why my camera lens keeps doing this. I have cleaned it multiple times.

Likes Migue liked this post

Thread Information