Post Thanks / Like

I`m very frustrated, I have a 2012 Camaro.` My dad backed into me 6 months ago and I got this same bumper fixed, then a couple of days ago some truck backed into me in the parking lot and drove off.` It`s going to cost about $500 to fix and I guess because I just had this done coupled with the fact that someone did it and didn`t own up to it, I don`t want to spend $500 on it again.` My insurance deductible is $500 also.

`

Is it possible to bend this out by hand with a heat gun or something?` It looks better in person actually, and I think most of the white stuff is paint residue from the car that struck me, which can probably be buffed out pretty decently.` The dents are what I am more concerned about.` FWIW this stretch of bumper is about 3 inches up and down, and about 5 inches across.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

tuffluck- Bummer...and all too fitting with your username!

`

I have no idea about the "heat it up" idea (though I wouldn`t try it myself), but FWIW my first priority would be cleaning off the white stuff (presumably paint transfer) and then seeing what you`re really dealing with in terms of damage.` I bet it`ll at least need some touchup paint, but who knows...if you touch it up and live with it for a while, maybe it won`t bug you as much as you`d expect.` That`s how some of the damage to` my vehicles has worked out, not always, but it kinda surprises me how stuff that *drove me nuts* gradually got to be no big deal.

`

If it turns out that it *does* continue to bug you, you`ll need to talk with a body/paint shop and hope they do a good job (refinished off the vehicle, of course if they don`t replace it).

Thread Information