Post Thanks / Like

What Can I do to detail this?

I know its just plastic (except for tank) but what are my limits or should I say the most I can do to detail it. There are lots of scratches on plastics and oxidation on gas tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Can I do to detail this?

Do you have scratches from dropping the bike or is it swirl marks? Motorcycle plastics are done with decals then clear coated so you will be able work out light swirl marks.

Also are those the stock plastics or an ebay kit?

Post Thanks / Like

its from being dropped I brought it to a mechanic valley motor sports Northampton ma to get the the sprockets changed and the dropped it and denied it.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd done a very in depth write up not long ago on his girls CBR. If I can find it, Ill post the link.

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go. If its been dropped, you may be looking at some pretty extensive work though.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...detailing.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AccurateWayz View Post
    its from being dropped I brought it to a mechanic valley motor sports Northampton ma to get the the sprockets changed and the dropped it and denied it.
    If its been dropped it`ll be easiest to replace the plastics. Check ebay for kits

Post Thanks / Like

wow what a freeking awesome thorough quid on the bike. the time and detail put into that post is very much appreciated! And thank you very much for finding it for me! It does seem like the markings I have from being dropped are to bad to fix but I never even thought of how good I can make the rest of the bike look. And valley I id look at fairings on ebay in the best it is something I hope to do in the future but definitely don`t have the money for at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AccurateWayz View Post
    wow what a freeking awesome thorough quid on the bike. the time and detail put into that post is very much appreciated! And thank you very much for finding it for me! It does seem like the markings I have from being dropped are to bad to fix but I never even thought of how good I can make the rest of the bike look. And valley I id look at fairings on ebay in the best it is something I hope to do in the future but definitely don`t have the money for at the moment.
    I have done a few sets of the ebay fairings and they are thinner than the factory ones but for a full set and to be able to change the look of the bike instantly its a pretty good deal. If you ever do a track day you`ll be glad you have an ebay set on if you go down as they`re far cheaper to replace. I`ve had few different color flame versions and a repsol kit that I liked a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

A) Cool CBR
    90% (or more, I`m just making that number up) of bikes might be made of plastic, but they are painted just like automotive paint (basecoat/clearcoat). Any detailing procedure that works on a car works on a bike

Thread Information