Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal- BRAND NEW PRODUCT!

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    How would this stand up as a winter sealant up north. Here in WV snow has been hit or miss. In November I plan to apply 2 coats of BFWD. But If BFCS is good enough why bother right...

I would guess that BFWD is going to to have slightly better durability than BFCS. But for me BFCS is so much quicker and easier to use. For winter I personally would start with 2 coats for BFWD and then apply BFCS once a moth or so. But I have a heated garage that would allow me to do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    How would this stand up as a winter sealant up north. Here in WV snow has been hit or miss. In November I plan to apply 2 coats of BFWD. But If BFCS is good enough why bother right...
    I would agree with the above post. BFWD is going to be more durable, but not by that much. If you want the ultimate in BLACKFIRE protection I would start with BFWD then top with CS as needed (provided you can access a warm, sheltered area)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    I just crystal sealed my wheels and black trim and 2 minutes later its raining now!
    It rained for about an hour and I wiped everything dry and was surprized to see no damage or water spots /streaking !

Crystal seal dries fast! Not sure if the rain will affect the durability but at least it didnt screw it up appearance wise!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    It rained for about an hour and I wiped everything dry and was surprized to see no damage or water spots /streaking !

Crystal seal dries fast! Not sure if the rain will affect the durability but at least it didnt screw it up appearance wise!

Ideally you would wait 2 hours before any exposure to the elements, although 80-90 percent of it is cured almost as soon as the streaks disappear!

Post Thanks / Like

What is the minimum required temperature for both BFCS and polymer spray and are they affected by humidity? I have found BFWD and BFMS paste to be very friendly with humidity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Questions or comments welcome!
    Does the BFCS cure to a nuba finish like the BF line or more of a glassy finish?

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Glassy...this is 3 coats over 6 months

Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Well I`m a HUGE fanboy of BFCS but I have one major issue - it`s soooo difficult to just use one spritz per panel (two on the hood & roof). Do the results deteriorate if I use to much product? I`ve also read that people will do a follow up wipe right after applying CS, rather then waiting the 1 hour Todd recommends earlier in this thread. Hey Todd, can you help out here a bit. Besides "wasting" product, should I restrain myself and continue only using 1 spritz per panel to get max results?

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t us one spritz per panel...I want to see it flash off so on a hood I`ll use about 3 and stroke across then again down. I get great results this way....two coats....I use a microfiber after an hour or so for the 3 or 4 smears I see on the whole car...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I don`t us one spritz per panel...I want to see it flash off so on a hood I`ll use about 3 and stroke across then again down. I get great results this way....two coats....I use a microfiber after an hour or so for the 3 or 4 smears I see on the whole car...
    Well this is sort of my point. Like you I`ve freelanced the instructions but uncertain if that`s the right thing to do. With all this high tech chemistry going on, might be a perfect modification - might not. Looking for the Blackfire Product Development Manager to comment.

Post Thanks / Like

I am guessing that a thinker application only makes sure you have full coverage and not any more protection. I too like to apply a little more heavy to make sure I get full application but not to the point of having to go back and buff it later.

To me if I need to buff it later then I might as well be using BFWD...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information