Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wet Ice over fire combo for winter

I saw a few good reviews on it, so I picked it up. They might have been from Fla. I am always open to suggestions. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The BF AFPP does have a signature look, and while it wasn`t right for me on Audi silver I can sure understand somebody else thinking it looks perfect on certain paints. But yeah...very short-lived. Funny that it streaked, never did that for me.

Swanicyouth- I can say from years of first-hand experience that the roadsalt used in my area has little effect on my FK1000P. I didn`t even bother redoing the Tahoe after last winter, let it go until well into spring and nobody but me could`ve noticed any drop-off. But YMMV sure applies what with all the different "salts" being used these days....Magnesium Chloride somehow comes to mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator- I am putting it on a Ruby Red Ford. It does look very nice when clean/waxed. I feel it may last as long as the other things I have tried. (always trying something new) The streaks might have been the Gloss enhancing polish I used. I may not have let it haze enough or too much? I was doing another panel as one dried back and forth. It was my first time using BF products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pgp View Post
    I saw a few good reviews on it, so I picked it up. They might have been from Fla. I am always open to suggestions. Thanks
    The best thing I have found for the winter in a tin is Pinnacle Synergy. The BF stuff is more show car stuff, but the BFWD sealant is quite tough. NaviWax Ultimate is #2, but it`s not really available in the USA. Collinite 915 and Bilt Hamber Finis (not easy to get in the USA IIR) are tied for #3.

Anyway, Accum. likes the FK stuff. I`ve never used it. If it was me, I`d prolly just skip the wax and apply two coats of the sealant. It`s my opinion that layering a wax over a sealant doesn`t nothing for the longevity of the LSP - and may actually decrease it.

Waxes contain a decent amount of solvent of some sort. All regular LSPs will be removed with solvents. So, until someone can explain to me how rubbing a solvent rich product on top of a cured sealant will somehow prolong the life of the sealant - I`d stick with just one product if longevity is your goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh lord... Don`t make me want synergy even more
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Something is better than nothing.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I`d like to see a durability/etching/etc. comparison between the Synergy and FK1000P.

pgp- The GEP might indeed be to blame for the streaking as it`s a "glaze-like" product that leaves stuff behind. Gotta be a little careful to not disturb that "stuff" when applying the AFPP...so letting the GEP set up and applying the AFPP gently might factor it. I`ll admit I`m guessing as I just never had any problems with it. And lest it sound like I`m all anti-BF, I do like the way the GEP can work like a glaze underneath a sealant, good system IMO. I`ve even used them on stuff like lightly surface-rusted black-finished metal bits on the undercarriage and engine compartment, worked very well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Wet Ice over fire combo for winter

I`ve never understood the wax over sealant, sealant over coating desires and arguments. Chemically, LSPs layered over LSPs that are not of the same type or worse...not even by the same manufacturer makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and in fact probably do more harm to the underlying LSP than good.

Post Thanks / Like

silverfox- All depends on the products and, to a lesser degree, on how the applications are done. Can`t say it doesn`t ever work as my (fairly well-controlled) tests have shown some layering efforts that worked out great. Not that I put waxes over sealants or anything over coatings...

My fave LSPs work fine over all sorts of different underlying products and give me specific results I can`t get with just one product alone.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the Pinnacle Synergy at Swanicyouth`s suggestion. I don`t see me getting that unless I win the lottery like in the other thread. The BF AFPP does go on very well. I did some more today. Thanks for all the suggestions/posts here.

Post Thanks / Like

It was very nice here yesterday so I put another coat on. I hate the short winter days. It gives you so little time to do this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information