Post Thanks / Like

Review: Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

New product lines are being added to the Autopia store every week. Last week was no different with the addition of the Blackfire line of car care products. Of all the product lines added to the Autopia store, I think most of us will agree that Blackfire was one of the most anticipated. Blackfire has a product for every square inch of your car, inside and out. Metal polishing? Check. Paint correction? Check. Interior cleaning and conditioning? Check. You get the point.

Of all the products that were brought on board when PBMG acquired Autopia, Blackfire`s flagship sealant - Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, was the most talked about. It was the most anticipated and the most sought after Blackfire product. Those who have yet to try it, including myself, have been dying to get our hands on it. Is it that good?

The minute Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection was within walking distance, I had a bottle sitting on my desk. The weekend could not come soon enough. The weekend finally came so I got together with a good friend of mine that has a black Toyota and I put Blackfire Wet Diamond to the test.

My friend`s Toyota is meticulously maintained, so luckily no correction work was needed. To ensure the best performance, look, and durability was achieved with the Wet Diamond, I prepped the paint using the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. The Polish was applied using a Porter Cable 7424xp with a Lake Country Hydro-Tech Tangerine Polising Pad, and the Sealant was applied on the same machine but with a Lake Country CCS Red Wax Pad.

After priming the Tangerine pad to ensure complete coverage of the Gloss Enhancing Polish, I applied four dime size drops of product on the pad, set the 7424xp on speed 5 and went to work. What I noticed immediately about this polish is how far a little bit of product goes, and the fact that it wipes off like a high end carnauba paste wax. Impressive.

Check out the car after using the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish.

The Gloss Enhancing Polish cleaned up the paint nicely and now the surface had been properly prepped and ready for the Wet Diamond Sealant.

The Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection was applied using a Lake Country CCS Red Wax Pad on the 7424xp set to speed 4.

I had previously heard that Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection went on thin, but I never expected it to go on this thin. The initial amount that I applied to the pad was more than enough product to do nearly half the car. After completing the entire car, I let the sealant dry to a haze for about fifteen minutes then wiped it off using a Cobra Microfiber Towel. Blackfire Wet Diamond is one of the easiest sealants to remove. When applied thin it wipes off effortlessly.

Lets check out the results.

After using these two products and seeing the results for myself, I can`t tell you how excited I am to welcome more of the Blackfire line to the Autopia Store. The Blackfire line is a great addition to an already outstanding selection of quality car care products offered by Autopia, and you know what they say - Don`t Just Turn Heads, Create WHIPLASH!

Blackfire Car Care Products
    Last edited by AutopiaTech; 09-15-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by AutopiaTech View Post
    [/CENTER]
    You can`t even tell what color the car is in this picture!
    Get your shine on!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a great shot there!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great. I can`t wait to try it once my order comes in

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m impressed. With it that shiny do you know if it has any minute flaw hiding if layered.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Did my Jeep With Gloss enhancing polish ,Wet Diamond Sealant And 2 coats of Ivory Sun Carnuba .8 hour cure time between coats... all Blackfire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nj_wowfactor View Post
    Did my Jeep With Gloss enhancing polish ,Wet Diamond Sealant And 2 coats of Ivory Sun Carnuba .8 hour cure time between coats... all Blackfire.
    Your Jeep looks awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the pics of your results. Nice work. I need to sneak the Gloss Enhancing Polish back into my rotation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post
    I`m impressed. With it that shiny do you know if it has any minute flaw hiding if layered.
    Todd and Angelo are more familiar with the Blackfire product line than I am, so they would be able to give you the most accurate answer to that question.

Thread Information