Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best way to to mild clean interior

Frito- Ah, OK...now I`m on the right wavelength (I think). For the carpeted mats I *would* use some kind of extractor. I currently have five (no, not a typo ) different ones, can you tell I`m really sold on the approach?!? I wouldn`t worry about the "introducing more moisture" issue as it`s not all that hard to extract them quite dry and the padding won`t get too saturated as long as you`re a little careful about how much water you use (which is easy to modulate).

Quote Originally Posted by DAC17 View Post
    For dog hair, have any of you tried the pumice stone while vacuuming? Even takes out embedded yellow lab fur!
    Those worked OK but I couldn`t get over the general idea of rubbing something abrasive against the textiles (only need such stuff for cloth and carpet). Probably not a valid concern, but enough that I switched to the lint-rollers for the rare occasions taht I need such stuff (I`ve pretty much eliminated that concern with the current dog-haulers ).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    The Guz

Have you ever tried Folex on carpeted floor mats?? Works wonders on stains. Stuff is awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/Folex-Carpet-...001B0V5GG?th=1
    I have not. I don`t plan to anytime soon since I have optimum`s carpet cleaner which works great.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Frito- Ah, OK...now I`m on the right wavelength (I think). For the carpeted mats I *would* use some kind of extractor. I currently have five (no, not a typo ) different ones, can you tell I`m really sold on the approach?!? I wouldn`t worry about the "introducing more moisture" issue as it`s not all that hard to extract them quite dry and the padding won`t get too saturated as long as you`re a little careful about how much water you use (which is easy to modulate).

Those worked OK but I couldn`t get over the general idea of rubbing something abrasive against the textiles (only need such stuff for cloth and carpet). Probably not a valid concern, but enough that I switched to the lint-rollers for the rare occasions taht I need such stuff (I`ve pretty much eliminated that concern with the current dog-haulers ).
    I have not been around here for some time but you sir never fail to come to the rescue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frito View Post
    ..you sir never fail to come to the rescue.
    Heh heh, glad to be of help. I really *do* think that pretty much everybodyt oughta have an extractor of some sort...if only because most homes have rugs/carpet/etc. Might as well use the same approach on auto fabrics too. Easy for me to spend your money, but some places seel refurbbed Bissells pretty cheap and I`d trust one..maybe trust it more than a regular-new one since the refurbishing involves some tech`s personal attention.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have a Bissell for the home carpet and have had great luck with it one a period of 10 years. I was reading up on the little green machines and saw a trend that they quit working after about a year. Do you recommend one in particular?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frito View Post
    I actually have a Bissell for the home carpet and have had great luck with it one a period of 10 years. I was reading up on the little green machines and saw a trend that they quit working after about a year. Do you recommend one in particular?
    No, sorry, no idea which one is most/least likely to hold up. MY LGM didn`t last that long but my *BIG* Green Machine is from the early `90s and still going strong. I considered the LGM a disposable and that`s how it turned out.

Which do you have for the home, one of the uprights?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best way to mildly clean interior

I have the bissel spotclean pro heat. It has the stair attachment. Used it about 15 times in the last two years with no issues. Just used it last weekend after sitting for 6 months, thanks to a faulty coffee container.

The stair attachment is great for the corners and crevices of floor boards

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

TuxedoTaurus- Ah, that *would* be nice for stairs! It`s a real tussle doing them with a regular extractor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    No, sorry, no idea which one is most/least likely to hold up. MY LGM didn`t last that long but my *BIG* Green Machine is from the early `90s and still going strong. I considered the LGM a disposable and that`s how it turned out.

Which do you have for the home, one of the uprights?
    Yes, it does also have a wand that we use for stairs and it does work but perhaps I would hope for a little better. For the home carpet the extractions is pretty impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

frito- Heh heh, the wand/tools for *my* Bissell upright are utterly useless with regard to suction, *utterly*. Works great other than that though...wish I could get my wife to use it like the Bissell-family gal in the commercials

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information