Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autopia Connect!

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I got at least one good order left before mine expires

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Maybe Labor day will be my last hurrah unless that sneaky Vega pops up one of his 20% off sales
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I hope they do bring it. I have not shopped or bought from other sites with this and matching prices you just can not bet it
    I`m a member of another pay-for-membership club for purchasing detailing supplies, but I haven`t used it since having a Connect membership.

As you said, KBsToy, once you combine price matching with free shipping, the deals cannot be beaten. Additionally, there`s an additional 10% off up front, and, because of the point-doubling benefit, another 10% in rewards points for future purchases.

Then there`s the trustworthiness of customer support.

It all adds up to being a big deal, especially for those of us "non-shops" who want to buy less than US$150 per order.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Likes 512detail, KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ray, can you ask Max what`s going to happen with Connect?

Maybe you can allay some fears.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased a lot more here since connect took care of the shipping charges. Now if they can add same day shipping. I get that with another place that carried items that are not here and it makes a big difference.
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How about Connect shipping stays free except a $5.00 surcharge for each gallon (heavy items) and $99.00 per year might help give it new life?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Maybe Labor day will be my last hurrah unless that sneaky Vega pops up one of his 20% off sales
    He did it this weekend 20% + 10% auto-connect. Where am I going to put all my stuff

Will have to try out new Foams that are coming out

Post Thanks / Like

I`de like to see something like Connect Gold Silver and maybe even a Bronze.
    Gold members get unlimited orders (no minimum) with free ship and the 10% discount.
    Silver gets only one order per month with maybe a min of $75, and 10% discount.
    Bronze free shipped order every 3 months. $75 minimum. 10% off.

Heck, since I`m not high volume, I`m the Bronze.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel connect will probably disappear all together. too much manual labor for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone had the idea and must (I hope) have done a cost study. I hope they can modify it based on the numbers that the current Connect members have created. I do wish someone from Autopia would give us a clue about what is happening.
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How many months had it been unavailable now?

Post Thanks / Like

I`m going to repeat my earlier suggestion just to emphasize to the powers that be, how valuable connect is and has been to me. From a business point of view I can absolutely attest that I have bought way more stuff due to having the connect membership than I would have otherwise. The fact that its unavailable anymore must mean that it wasn`t working out financially for PBMG, but there has to be a way to tweak it to make it work for us. How about $99 for free two or three day shipping and a guarantee of at least fifteen or even 20 percent off every order? The stacking of an additional 10 percent off in addition to whatever sale is running is probably what is killing it, so just drop that part and offer 15 percent off at all times, or go the greater of 15 percent or whatever sale is running at the time? If you have a 20 percent sale like now, we get that, if no other sale we get the guaranteed 15 (or hopefully 20). The 20 percent off that comes along every few months proves that a discount of that level makes financial sense to PBMG, so why not offer it all the time to connect members? The $99 per year will more than offset the loss of the additional shipping charges. Let`s do it, guys. Take my money, please!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Connect is going away?!
    I literally only purchase from Autopia thanks to connect and free shipping.
    Its so valuable. Hopefully they can make some changes to it so it still makes sense from a business perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought more with connect than before, only difference is multiple smaller orders.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

If each one of us have ordered more than $99 in free shipping AND gotten 10% more off then what makes you think they will keep it around? It had to have been a big loser for them or they would have kept it. The fact they arent talking should be a big red flag.

Since getting connect I have only bought maybe $100 worth of stuff from any other detailing site. Its been a KILLER deal for the consumer which probably means the seller has lost at least a bit.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Please change the very old Connect deals. I think they have been up for about a month. Throw out some BOGOs for members. I like the idea of Polish Angel and Kenotek stuff. Put out the high dollar stuff that may be selling slowly. A Black Friday sale for Autopia Connect would be fitting, since the majority feels like our Golden Goose I`d going the way of the way of the DoDo . I really hate it, but it will get my finances back in line. I truly hate to wait for a month to get enough items to get to the $195 free shipping mark. I will probably go back to using my wholesale accounts that I have neglected for a year. I can get better deals through my wholesale connections, but Autopia Connect made my life easier (for awhile). Now I am a little disgusted due to it being an "orphan" project with no champion. Just change the Connect membership to one similar to Detailed Image where your discount goes higher based on the amount you purchase. This should be standard practice for wholesale account customers. It is already semi in place when you buy case lots of certain products. Climbing down off my soapbox...

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread Information