Post Thanks / Like

Engine Detailed!

I rarely do my cars engine. I feel it doesn`t keep clean very long, but where I live it is dusty and the engine bay was looking pretty bad.

So I took some time to clean it and took a few shots. Hope you like the video. Let me know what you think.

Engine Detail on Honda Fit - YouTube
    388t1udgfcA

Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Engine Detailed!

Eurocar Detail- That turned out nice! I bet you could kep it that way pretty easily now that it`s all done, shouldn`t take much over 30 min. as part of a maintenance wash.
    Likes Ronkh, Eurocar Detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Eurocar Detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. How long did it take?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eurocar Detail- That turned out nice! I bet you could kep it that way pretty easily now that it`s all done, shouldn`t take much over 30 min. as part of a maintenance wash.
    Thanks all. It took 1.5 hours but because of setting the camera, holding the camera and you know.. otherwise I should have done it in about an hour. It is a very small engine bay. The engine looks like a Harley Davidson engine.. so small.

Accumulator, yes, it`s been 2 months and I just rinse it with the pressure washer and the blower and it is back to how it looks on the video. I hate shiny stuff that keeps dust accumulating and making it harder to clean, but the CarPro PERL has done a good job.

Post Thanks / Like

Eurocar Detail- That`s good to hear! I didn`t realize that the PERL would work out that way, not retaining dust/etc., so you`ve schooled me on that product

Every time I spot some little something that`s not right...a leak, a cracked wire, whatever...I think how it sure pays to have things nice and tidy. Side benefit is that Accumulatorette has no qualms about checking her A8`s fluids as she doesn`t get her hands dirty under the hood, that can be kinda important on the long trips she takes.

Post Thanks / Like

Eurocar Detail- That`s good to hear! I didn`t realize that the PERL would work out that way, not retaining dust/etc., so you`ve schooled me on that product

Every time I spot some little something that`s not right...a leak, a cracked wire, whatever...I think how it sure pays to have things nice and tidy. Side benefit is that Accumulatorette has no qualms about checking her A8`s fluids as she doesn`t get her hands dirty under the hood, that can be kinda important on the long trips she takes.

I really recommend PERL, it has been a bit less than 2 months and still looks protected.

Post Thanks / Like

Eurocar Detail- Ah, keep an eye on it, lets see how long it lasts.

My big "hmmmm, I dunno.." about the idea of using something like that is that I`ll be cleaning/wiping everything down during each wash anyhow and my FastFinish (drying aid) seems to accomplish what I want all by itself. Now if somebody wants to school me on what I`m missing, I`m all ears!

Post Thanks / Like

Eurocar Detail- Ah, keep an eye on it, lets see how long it lasts.

My big "hmmmm, I dunno.." about the idea of using something like that is that I`ll be cleaning/wiping everything down during each wash anyhow and my FastFinish (drying aid) seems to accomplish what I want all by itself. Now if somebody wants to school me on what I`m missing, I`m all ears!
    Today is D day for my Fit to be detailed. I`ll rinse and dry the engine bay so you can see how it looks after a rinse.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, cool, but it`s always hard for me to tell how things are over the internet. I mean....I spend a fair amount of time messing around with lights/etc. inspecting every time I wash and I bet that most people would never know if I skipped 2/3 of it! Heh heh, I could save a bundle on swabs if I just didn`t disassemble the covers on the Audis to get the out-of-sight areas. But see what *you* think after you`re done and I`ll go by your opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry.. finished late today and only half way done.

Who makes the FastFinish you`re talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eurocar Detail View Post
    Who makes the FastFinish you`re talking about?
    ValuGard. It`s their QD/drying aid/spray wax. For the most part I only like it on black plastics/trim, but I do *LOVE* it for that application.

Thread Information