Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why I prefer Carpet Extraction -- another Bissell Little Green ProHeat demo

I like the Bissel green machine because the brush and attachment are smaller and can into smaller areas better. I think this is a good machine for us hobbyist`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Just search guys, EBAY an Craigslist are your best friends. I got my technovap steamer (1400 new) for 100 shipped with everything. Open box return to a wholesale lister on ebay. Do your homework for the right models with less problems, ask for high res images and always go on good feedback.
    Got the name of your reseller on ebay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    Got the name of your reseller on ebay?
    nothing on ebay.......

Post Thanks / Like

Keep watching. They pop up occasionally for pretty good prices. I was watching 3 that were selling below $50 delivered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    nothing on ebay.......
    Darn happy to take any high end extractor at a cheap rate!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with you - extraction is the best way to clean carpets and cloth upholstery. I`ve seen several methods....steam, scrub `n wipe, spray and vac... but extraction is the only really best way to get the dirt out! The method is good to....spray, agitate, then use the machine to rinse `n vac the crud out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    I`m with you - extraction is the best way to clean carpets and cloth upholstery. I`ve seen several methods....steam, scrub `n wipe, spray and vac... but extraction is the only really best way to get the dirt out! The method is good to....spray, agitate, then use the machine to rinse `n vac the crud out.
    Follow-up: I think extraction is the only way to clean carpet. Imagine if you cleaned clothes the way some carpet is cleaned (e.g. spray a cleaner, agitate and vacuum or spray a cleaner and just wipe up)?!?!?! Now steam is a great way to kill germs and such, but with all these other methods, where does the dirt go besides deeper into the carpet fibers. It seems to me that extraction is the only way to get the dirt out. As a matter of fact, I`ve been extracting carpets from my truck with just plain hot (rinse only) water and still get inherited soap like material out!
    Now, since I`ve most likely overstated the obvious, I`ll find something else to harp about!

Post Thanks / Like

MiVor- I agree 100%. Household, auto detailing...I`m all about sucking that [stuff] up out of the carpet.

(Off-topic, at least kinda...I wonder how often most Autopians extract their household carpets and rugs..)

Yeah, I too often find that there`s more than enough detergent residue already in the carpeting and that just extracting with clear water can be enough. Well, at least until I get that residue out. SO many carpet shampoos just make suds but don`t clean well anyhow, and those same products seem so hard to rinse out! I recently used a different carpet shampoo that (improbably, it was a "consumer grade" product) simply *worked right* in every regard and the difference was utterly amazing. Makes me tempted to throw away my lifetime supply of the old stuff. What a diff the right product can make in this situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I`ve more then proven (at least to myself) that extraction rules for carpet cleaning. I once took one of those spray on foam carpet cleaners that you spray on, brush, let dry, then vacuum...then extracted with clean hot water and the amount of dirty water that came out was amazing. Now the interesting thing is that following the spray on/vacuum up, the carpet looked pretty good so I suppose one could get convinced they were clean...and then again, no one is rolling around on the car floor like perhaps the living room rug! Ha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    ...and then again, no one is rolling around on the car floor like perhaps the living room rug! Ha.
    I often wonder if most Autopians` household rugs/carpets are as clean as those in the vehicles
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I often wonder if most Autopians` household rugs/carpets are as clean as those in the vehicles
    I spend more time on maintaining my vehicle carpets than my house carpeting. Of course, I enter through the basement and off go the shoes before I get near any carpeting in the house.

Bill

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ! Mine are !!! But then I have a pretty good sized extractor and big wand tool for the inside.. And I have lots of floor air mover fans to help dry it quickly so I can then follow up with a good vacuum again..

Its of course, not ever going to be as powerful as those huge truck/van mounts, but if you really, I mean REALLY Vacuum incredibly well, brushing in all directions while doing it, manage how much and what kind of soap you use, scrub in, steam it, and then really extract the heck out of it, yeah, there is really nothing better..

For all the vehicles I have ever done, I have yet to find anything that could work best than Meguiars APC+, because it cleaned really well, was very low foaming, so less mess to pull out, and left a great clean scent, because it was clean !

This stuff is so good I used it always with a little steam through a towel to clean nasty dirty sun visors and headliners.. It really worked great on headliners that were coated with nicotine too..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Steam is my first preference and that is best for dashboards, door panels etc and if the staining isn`t too bad, the steam is awesome for carpets/seats
    If I have to extract with my machine, I do that and then steam with no chemical afterwards to perform a nice hot rinse so to speak
    Ive not seen extraction refluff up matted down muddy fibres like steam

both technologies are great to have
    The buffing pad aficionado

Post Thanks / Like

I used a Little Green Bissell with the built in heater for years until the sprayer stopped working. Then I purchased Rug Doctor from Ollie`s Outlet for about $250 about 2 years ago. No heater so I pour in near boiling water into the tank before extracting. No chemicals in the tank, just rinse water. I thought I was extracting a lot of dirt with the Bissell, but I realize now that it has no suction power at all in comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

My only problem with steam alone is answering a simple question....where does the dirt go?

Quote Originally Posted by Detailology Oz View Post
    Steam is my first preference and that is best for dashboards, door panels etc and if the staining isn`t too bad, the steam is awesome for carpets/seats
    If I have to extract with my machine, I do that and then steam with no chemical afterwards to perform a nice hot rinse so to speak
    Ive not seen extraction refluff up matted down muddy fibres like steam

both technologies are great to have

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information