Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why I prefer Carpet Extraction -- another Bissell Little Green ProHeat demo

I`d like to purchase the Little Green off Amazon… but I also like the idea of buying locally and being able to also purchase an extended warranty.

Just wondering from you fellas who have been using these extrators if this one is as good or better the the Little Green?????

BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat 0.289-Gallon Carpet Shampooer

Thanks in advance guys!
    15` M6 GT w/ iELOOP
    Tint 5%
    De-badged
    Splash Guards
    Interior 5k LED`s
    Husky Floor Liners
    Spline Drive Lugs & Wheel Lock Kit

Post Thanks / Like

I`m actually doing a review on that machine right now. Well, trying to edit it but my computer is not having HD videos.

In short, the Little Green is MUCH better and the one you`re linking to is garbage.

If you have something like a Big Lots in your area, I would look there. Can`t get a warranty, at least I don`t think you can, but they sell refurbished Bissell machines for cheap. I bought the one you linked to for $40. Worth $40, but I wouldn`t spent $100+ on it as the new ones retail for.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Bissell little green proheat and love it. It is a great little machine for light to medium duty cleaning and perfect for someone that details as a hobby or just does their own stuff. Great to have around the house as well with little kids and pets! Absolutely worth the $100 I paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like

hahahahaa. wish I would have seen your post before I went out to Lowe`s and purchased the one I posted in the link above.

Oh well, I just ordered the Little Green ProHeat from Amazon Prime and will be taking back the "Expert" SpotClean ProHeat tomorrow.

Thanks again for clarifying which one was better……I wouldn`t have known from the review I`ve read.
    15` M6 GT w/ iELOOP
    Tint 5%
    De-badged
    Splash Guards
    Interior 5k LED`s
    Husky Floor Liners

Post Thanks / Like

I have the spotclean proheat you referenced to earlier. Not sure why you`re returning it. I replaced my little green proheat with it and there is little/no difference aside from nicer aesthetics on the spitclean proheat.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the problems I have with the other unit he linked to:

Smaller dirty tank capacity -- I had to empty the tank twice while cleaning a floor mat!

Tanks do not stay in as tightly as the LGM, they fall out pretty easily.

The hose doesn`t wrap around the unit and stay in place as well as the LGM.

The "heat wave technology" they claim doesn`t work well at all. The LGM at least kept the water "hot".

I don`t like how you empty or fill the new tanks, the older LGM was much easier.

But, we all have our opinions. I used the LGM until I broke it, and it had it`s flaws, but this "newer" version is disappointing when I personally compare it to the LGM.

My $.02

Post Thanks / Like

Hi BrownBob…. so there isn`t any difference that you can tell between the two in performance…only in aesthetics?

I based my decision by what RToth was saying above about the two different models.

I guess the only way to tell is to test them both together side by side as I will have both here at the same time.

The Little Green ProHeat I just ordered from Amazon Prime will be here on Wed.

Since it was bought from Amazon Prime, I`ll be able to return it for free if I find the other model to do just as good a job.
    15` M6 GT w/ iELOOP
    Tint 5%
    De-badged
    Splash Guards
    Interior 5k LED`s
    Husky Floor Liners

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll have to wait a while before I get to use it again, but my LGM started leaking a few momths after I bought it (new from walmart, didn`t keep the receipt.) I basically "put up with it" for almost a full detailing season up here in NW Ohio. Perhaps I was just so happy to have a fully functioning unit that the differences didn`t bother me.

I will say though that my Bissel hose wraps around much easier than my LGM ever did.

Post Thanks / Like

I apapologize. I replaced this model:Bissell Little Green Proheat Pet Deep Cleaner, Purple Zing, 50Y6W Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products - Walmart

With this model:Walmart: Bissell SpotClean, 5207W

Both were worth every bit of $100 for me, using it to make extra money while going to school. IDK if I would consider it worth it if I weren`t using it to make money.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the vids... now I have to have one. Just found one locally used for $35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    I have one as well and it does work wonders with a little folex and some water.

Ditto...Just found one on ebay rebuilt / guaranteed.....

Post Thanks / Like

The cheaper you can find these units, the better. If anyone ever gets serious about detailing, the big professional units are 1000% worth it. But, for the hobbyist, these machines are great.

I`m going to be trying out a few more units, and I`ll do reviews / video demos of them as well.
    Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just search guys, EBAY an Craigslist are your best friends. I got my technovap steamer (1400 new) for 100 shipped with everything. Open box return to a wholesale lister on ebay. Do your homework for the right models with less problems, ask for high res images and always go on good feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Whelp……. here are the two Bissell Extractors I recently got for a side by side comparison.

As you can see the main base units are roughly the same size.

Yet, as you can clearly see, the Little Green has Waaaaaaaaay more holding capacity then the "Expert Series".

I used a lighter as a reference to show where the "Full" lines are at.

The hose on the Little Green is much easier to wrap around and store where the Expert Series I actually have to pull on it because its such a tight fit.

The two smaller brushes that I took a pic of above are almost identical except the blue one is slightly longer and because of this, the sprayer is a bit further from the brush which in turn makes it stream rather then fan out.

I`d say, the ONLY thing I do like about the Blue Expert Series is the Larger Brush for deeper or thicker carpet.

Otherwise the Little Green is a Win Win!!!

The Expert Series will be going back to Lowe`s in the morning!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15` M6 GT w/ iELOOP
    Tint 5%
    De-badged
    Splash Guards
    Interior 5k LED`s
    Husky Floor Liners
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So I changed my mind on the Green Machine. I decided to fix the Bissell 12 Amp ProHeat 2x Microban Pet Upright I have. It`s got the same cleaning tools and seems pretty powerful. After 3 hours of disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly, it`s fixed. My knuckles are all busted up and I was ready to chuck the damn thing over the fence and go Office Space on it, but I got it done. Thankfully it only cost me time, frustration and a bottle of vinegar. The heating element and both front sprayers were clogged with deposits. I`ll post some results when I get a chance. I still want a green machine though... just because you have one and that video is hard to argue with.

Edit - In the 1st video, what kind of sprayer is that? I saw you pumping it. Also, what type of cleaner did you use before the Folex?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information