Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Reload Problems

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reload Problems

This IS the longest playing Thread in years, right ???

Oh wow - cotton baby diapers - !!!
    These kids will have to google that to find out what they are !!!
    And from that, fresh from Korea came the first microfiber towels... long time ago now.. And those were really good towels too !!! Not anything like the China towels...

I never liked those hard to remove products ever !!! Thank goodness for machine polishing back then...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

We also used the rotary back in the day but we always hand waxed. It`s just the way we did it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    We also used the rotary back in the day but we always hand waxed. It`s just the way we did it.

And that is Exactly the Only Way to really get "in tune" with your vehicle and started everything "car crazy" as Barry Meguiar would say it...
    Those were "The Best of Times"...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Still hand wax. Always will
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    I somehow again long for those "Blue Coral Days", that`s all I used to use on my `67 Stingray. A great product, but not without headaches. Apply to a 15"x15" section, and you better be picking up the Cotton Baby Diaper instantly and start wiping, otherwise it was like trying to get Candle Wax off the paint.
    WOW … my arms are getting sore just thinking about the times I used Blue Coral.
    Likes Ronkh, Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    WOW … my arms are getting sore just thinking about the times I used Blue Coral.
    Yep and doing a "Heavy coat of wax" for winter............................................ ........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been messing with 2014 reload on my jet black BMW if its that hard to put on then its not worth it to me. I have tried every option on the forum( keep rubbing and all you will do is mar the paint) I love their cquartz but reload is a hand full. streaking and it dull the shine Just my 2 cents
    auto detail in Lexington Kentucky
    Detailing cars in lexington
    http://www.facebook.com/higlossdetailing1
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roger3380 View Post
    I have been messing with 2014 reload on my jet black BMW if its that hard to put on then its not worth it to me. I have tried every option on the forum( keep rubbing and all you will do is mar the paint) I love their cquartz but reload is a hand full. streaking and it dull the shine Just my 2 cents

Agreed

But if you say it too loud, they`ll tell you that you don`t know what you`re doing.

And thank you for the validation

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I recently used the v. 2014 version. I cut the Reload 1:1 with R/O water. I had an issue initially but then used a damp MF then buffed with a dry one and that worked for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Coatings are actually making detailing more complicated and adding more headaches. First you have to deal with the difficulties of trying to get every gram of silicone or previous LSP off every surface of the entire car - good luck there.

IME this is harder than it seems - and is probably the reason for most coating failures. Then you have to deal with trying to get high spots leveled and the coating has to be viewed in all types of lights at all types of angles. This is probably reason # 2 for failures - people use minuscule amount of product so they don`t have too many high spots. Applying any coating outside is tedious at best.

Then you have to by special soaps and special "maintenance products" that are hard to use and leave smears that can`t just be wiped away. None of the "maintenance products" work anywhere near well when used in any type of sun or anywhere warm.

After all this - you keep your fingers crossed hoping to get most of the lifespan the coating manufacturer claims. Then, if you have to polish a panel - you better have some of that coating left to re-coat it - and hope it hasn`t dried up or turned to glass.

We all know it hasn`t panned out that coatings do squat to prevent marring.

Dunno. I`m for the most part sticking with high quality waxes and sealants that are enjoyable to use, easily renewable / re-applicable, and simple to apply.

No headaches and I can just hit them with some Sonax BSD after a wash to get beading that rivals any coating.

Happy Coating Everyone.
    Well said

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Agreed

But if you say it too loud, they`ll tell you that you don`t know what you`re doing.

And thank you for the validation

I`m not gonna lie. I`m glad I don`t have any of this 2014 v1 stuff. I would most likely be as mad as you guys. I still have my last bottle 2013 version. Based on how things are going I might try the last version of Reload, but chances are I will go with Sonax BSD as it is freaking awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used reload 2013 version many times undiluted on black cars without a problem, but that was when there was no coating underneath.
    But on a CQUK coated car, using reload often resulted in some streaking.
    So my routine was spray on towel, wipe on till it flashes, wipe with a damp cloth, then buff dry. Never had problems after anymore

Post Thanks / Like

I was told I was doing it wrong? I think after 15 years in bussiness I got the spray and wipe thing down? I just got tired of re polishing coated vehicles after following to the letter the instructions! But I heard they changed that recommendation.
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using good `ol Zaino Z-8 to freshen up my CQUK. Piece of cake!

- Patrick

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information