Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Reload Problems

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reload Problems

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    I like Aquawax as well, have commonly used it as a quick detailer after a wash, easy peasy, gets rid of lints, minor water spotting, smudges, and comes off clean. Darn shame my local carquest won`t stock it, I have to special order it, then wait 2-3 days for it. I live in a one horse town.
    same here but in a big town, I take care of that once a year. Honestly for all the slick/trick products I buy/use here, these two are the most rewarding and easiest to use, IMO.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I think that`s what I`ll do too next time Glen, just order a gallon of AW. It`s a bit cheaper in bulk, saves me wasted trips and gas, and it is a product I like having on hand (I`m out right now). Should probably order a gallon of 901 shampoo while I`m at it, since I like using that too regularly.

Sorry folks for veering off on this particular post.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    I think that`s what I`ll do too next time Glen, just order a gallon of AW. It`s a bit cheaper in bulk, saves me wasted trips and gas, and it is a product I like having on hand (I`m out right now). Should probably order a gallon of 901 shampoo while I`m at it, since I like using that too regularly.

Sorry folks for veering off on this particular post.
    Mark
    Not really off topic since it`s pretty much how to take care of a coated car without the added problems of reload
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been topping my PBL coating/synergy with intially the PBL detailer but reverted back to a couple of my favorites...FK425 and CG synthetic quick detailer. Both greatly enhance the wet glow and I`ve found that they collect less/little dust. Car is primarily garaged, so after a week next to no dust and just a stray hair or two from the dogs (golden, and a newfie). FWIW, I top my kids Opti 2.0 cars with Reload v1 w/out issue. I use more then I probably should as I go through a couple of crazy pile towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably just going to do same, just use a qd as drying agent once I get it cleaned up.

Just that the uk doesn`t *feel* slick, as well as going for that holy grail of more shine.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Probably just going to do same, just use a qd as drying agent once I get it cleaned up.

Just that the uk doesn`t *feel* slick, as well as going for that holy grail of more shine.
    Yeah I know, although CQ UK does produce a nice gloss, and a rock hard protective coat, it is not as slick as I personally hoped, and I have read from others that they say the same about Opti-Coat, being even less slick yet.

DP Coating was very slick and slippery, crazy thought I know to probably consider using such as a topper over CQuartz. Might not be wise.

Most likely not designed to be a very long lasting product, but Pinnacle Crystal Mist is IMO a really great Detailer Spray. Yes, a little pricey, but many think it`s worth the cost. I`ll probably always keep it on my wish list when buying more products.

I`d rank Crystal Mist the 2nd best detailer spray I`ve ever used in this lifetime.
    The best I`ve used at present day.
    And again, that Aquawax is pretty sweet too used as such I`ve found.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think any "coating" is truly as slick as most of us is looking for. The slick feeling we get from most products is the silicone in the product but since most "coatings" don`t have anything like silicone in them they do lack that slick feeling.

But I have learned and now enjoy NOT touching my paint. It is how "coatings" release dirt & water that has me using them.

Now if someone could come out with a truly Hydrophilic coating I would be excited.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

But I have learned and now enjoy NOT touching my paint.
    guilty

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, just this weekend I experimented on the hood of my car and I had similar issues with my Reload (2014). Today I went back at it and I found a solution to the problem. It was not an issue of oils left behind from polishing, but residual product from the CQuartz application. In exterior lighting, I realized that the microsuede towel did not remove enough of the CQuartz from my paint, so I went over everything again with a microfiber towel. Apparently he CQuartz is pretty resilient and takes some time to remove. Once I figured that out, applying the Reload was pretty easy. I sprayed a 1:1 solution on the paint and used the two towel method (one towel method was leaving streaks.
    The surface looks great and feels incredible, so I believe that my process worked. I know how frustrated I was when I first experienced the streaking, so I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winks View Post
    Ron, just this weekend I experimented on the hood of my car and I had similar issues with my Reload (2014). Today I went back at it and I found a solution to the problem. It was not an issue of oils left behind from polishing, but residual product from the CQuartz application. In exterior lighting, I realized that the microsuede towel did not remove enough of the CQuartz from my paint, so I went over everything again with a microfiber towel. Apparently he CQuartz is pretty resilient and takes some time to remove. Once I figured that out, applying the Reload was pretty easy. I sprayed a 1:1 solution on the paint and used the two towel method (one towel method was leaving streaks.
    The surface looks great and feels incredible, so I believe that my process worked. I know how frustrated I was when I first experienced the streaking, so I hope this helps.
    Interesting.... But this has been on since june or july, so not sure that cure would work now

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I thought that you had just gone through the whole process. Sorry bout that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winks View Post
    Oh, I thought that you had just gone through the whole process. Sorry bout that.
    No sweat. But I understand what you went through, mine was originally oily too. I thought that was part of the process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Interesting.... But this has been on since june or july, so not sure that cure would work now
    My friend. It seems the more we experiement, and experience, the further we travel into "uncharted territory" sometimes.

We look back, and with so many great products today, like clay bars, decon sponges and towels, how I often say to myself "Damn, I wish I had such 30-35 years ago when they covered two vehicles, an 1980 Jeep Cherokee, and a 1990 Dodge Cummins 4x4 out in the Railroad Yard, covered in paint overspray from painting a bridge on the Chicago river, and then idiotically spray painting the diesel pit building with automotive spray guns."

No fun to say the least on both occasions spending 2-3 weekends straight with a can of Kerosene and a garbage bag full of towels rubbing overspray off every square inch of vehicle.

I somehow again long for those "Blue Coral Days", that`s all I used to use on my `67 Stingray. A great product, but not without headaches. Apply to a 15"x15" section, and you better be picking up the Cotton Baby Diaper instantly and start wiping, otherwise it was like trying to get Candle Wax off the paint.

Here today, seems we`re now running into a completely new high tech world of products, and they too seem not to be without shortcomings, and issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Blue coral and simonize

oh yeah

too long on surface, get out the chisel

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Coral and diapers. That was my "go to" combination 30 years ago.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information