Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issues with Plastidip Removal

One or two old threads would be ok, maybe. But giving advice to someone who asked a question 3 years ago is annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

The intent is to give my own experience only. I`m not trying to promote discussion or even further comment. I read all these old threads from start to finish to gain insight, not critize. If this is the wrong way then I`ll just keep quite. Sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

Crispy, we don`t want you to keep quiet. The whole premise behind a forum like this one is to promote discussion. It`s the grease that keeps the wheels turning. New threads invite current insight, updated viewpoints, new comments, rebuttals and keeps the discussion fresh. Please continue posting and please consider beginning a thread. It`s helpful to the entire community.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    ^ You shouldn`t be chastised for bumping old threads. The contribution was well thought out and well spoken. I dunno.

****please support trans-species humans.
    I agree.

Nothing wrong with bumping older threads in this fashion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Crispy, we don`t want you to keep quiet. The whole premise behind a forum like this one is to promote discussion. It`s the grease that keeps the wheels turning. New threads invite current insight, updated viewpoints, new comments, rebuttals and keeps the discussion fresh. Please continue posting and please consider beginning a thread. It`s helpful to the entire community.
    I disagree

Why would you suggest that starting a new thread contributes more that adding to an existing thread.

Seems egocentric to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I disagree [with starting new threads instead of continuing old ones]

Why would you suggest that starting a new thread contributes more that adding to an existing thread....
    That`s what I was thinking too (as I observe numerous slams for resurrecting old threads recently). Some topics just remain, uhm...topical and I can find it interesting to see how experiences/advice/practices change (or don`t) over time.

Noting that I don`t know from Forum Administration and thus may be missing something, it`d simply never occur to me to start a new thread if there`s already one on [a given topic], though I suppose some of the LOOONG threads might seem intimidating to some members ("don`t want to read through all those pages..." ).

When I finally get around to updating my Wash Technique thread I`ll have to give some thought to whether I start a new thread with the current version or just add to the existing one. I can imagine *that* thread being a bit ponderous what with however-many pages it has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Hey CrispyGP2001, if you wish to discuss the topics discussed in these old threads, please begin a new thread discussing your viewpoints. Many of the forum members involved in the threads you have recently resurrected no longer frquent the forum. It is most often beneficial to keep information fresh. New threads allow people involved in the thread to respond to one another and keep the topic going. It just makes better reading. Please read your PM`s.
    Not sure what checking my PMs is but I find it useful to respond to any post if I think it might benefit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information