Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Duragloss 931 Rinseless Wash with Aquawax

First off I would like to thank Corey (CEE DOG) for allowing me to use his format for this review. This guy is the review master and deserves way more appreciation for his hard work than he gets.
    I went to a car show last weekend called Calvacade of Customs. It was in Cincinnati, Ohio. There was a representative there for Duragloss. I was looking through their products when I noticed that they had a new product called Duragloss 931-Rinseless Wash with Aquawax. I figured for being a Duragloss product, it had to be good for the price, but I was very skeptical about the wax added to the product. I said what the heck, it’s worth a shot. I bought all of it that they had.

This product is not available on the market yet, it was just a demo for the release. I was just lucky enough to be able to get some. The rep told me that this product will be available some time in February. I’m just gonna say that I’m going to be buying a gallon as soon as it is released. Let’s start the review shall we? My review will be subpar to other members’ reviews on this forum, but I have tried my best to put together a decent presentation. Enjoy!

Description- Duragloss Rinseless Wash is a quick and easy way to wash any vehicle anytime, anywhere without water hoses or waste. This unique formula captures the dirt with a lubricating Polymer which prevents scratching.

The products used for this test. The Duragloss Aquawax was not sprayed on the car. I just had it in the picture just in case I had to use it to fix any streaking issues.

Products used-
    Duragloss 931 Rinseless Wash with Aquawax.
    Autowerkes Exclusive WW drying towel
    Ultra Mega Towel (UMT)
    Sonus white buffing towel

Can’t forget two of the most important things!

Okay first thing is first once you have all of your supplies ready. Figure out the best plan of attack towards getting the wash done. It was 24 degrees Fahrenheit when I was taking pictures for this review, so let’s just say I wasn’t standing around trying to make everything perfect. I worked with what I had. I added around 1 1/2-2 gallons of warm water (not hot) to the bucket as seen here.

Next I read the directions on the bottle of the DG 931 Rinseless Wash. They are as followed.
    Add 0.5 oz. (approx. 4 caps) per gallon of water, use 1.0 oz. (approx. 8 caps) per gallon of water on heavily soiled surfaces.
    Wash one section at a time using a *microfiber mitt.
    Wipe dry using a high quality *microfiber towel.
    If surface dries before wiping, reapply as above.
    *Recommend #9001 Duragloss Wash Mitt, #9002 Duragloss Drying Towel.
    NOTE: Very dirty surfaces may require a second application.
    *To make a quick detailer, add 3 oz. of concentrate to 16 oz. of water. Spray and wipe on one section at a time and remove using a microfiber towel.

I added 4 caps full into my solution. It looked like so:

I then took my grit guard and mixed up the solution like Corey does in his reviews.

After mixing the solution and putting the grit guard in it looked like this. Notice the little bubbles on top of the solution. I have never gotten these with ONR or DPRWG.

After the solution was mixed up, I stuck my towels in it to allow them to soak in it some. I do this anytime I use a rinseless wash to ensure that the towels have fully absorbed some of the product to make it more lubricated on the paint.

My car was decently dirty. It has rained and snowed all week, but the car wasn’t so bad to where I was afraid to use a rinseless wash on it. Below are pictures of how the entire car looked before using the rinseless wash.

Okay, now that we get that my car hasn’t been cleaned in a while, on to the washing. I washed the car one panel at a time. I flipped to a new section of a towel after each panel. On the larger panels I flipped the towel to a new section twice. Just use it like your do ONR or DPRWG and you’ll be fine. There are a ton of videos out there for that.

Here are the after shots.

Yes, that is a piece of ice in the picture. The water was freezing where in spots that I couldn’t dry quick enough.

Here is one spot that I was really surprised. My car has wide tires and is notorious for throwing any kind of salt, tar, road grime, etc.. etc.. onto the paint right behind the tires. This area cleaned up nicely with light pressure and I was left with this.

I forgot to get a pic of this spot because it was cold out and I was in a hurry. I will get pictures of this area when it gets built back up and post them then.

Here is a pic that I took to show how smooth this product made the paint. The paint was silky smooth even on the part of my car that is Opti-coated. I was very amazed at how smooth it was left. It felt almost like a sealant had been cured for 24 hours. This picture also shows how clean the paint was. It was clean enough to wipe my hand across without worrying about rubbing leftover grit into the paint.

Here is a big drip that I missed.

Here is a 50/50. The lighting wasn’t good out and my car doesn’t show dirt in pictures very well, but it was a huge difference.

When I was done, I took a white Sonus buffing towel and wiped it over the parts of the car that I washed to ensure that the paint was thoroughly cleaned and dry. When I was finished, this is what it looked like. Looks like it just came out of the drawer.

Here is what the bucket of solution looked like when I was finished. Note: this was only half of the car. I didn’t do the back half because it was too cold and my hands went numb.

Here is why you use a grit guard.

Note: I haven’t used it as a QD yet, but when I do I will report back in this thread.

Pros:
    -leaves a nice, glossy, smooth finish
    -cleans the paint thoroughly (it even removed bugs and tar with light pressure)
    -ease of use is amazing
    -able to get it in a convenient size
    -smell- It smells amazing. It’s a strong strawberry/watermelon taffy smell.
    -Many people can get this OTC from local chain stores.
    -leaves a layer of protection that is obviously there
    -16 oz bottle cost me $11 at the show

????
    -price- I know the price of the 16 oz size, but what will the price of the gallons be? Knowing Duragloss, the price will be great and very competitive.
    -durability of the Aquawax??
    -QD ratio is way higher than the other rinseless washes, but let’s be honest, who doesn’t add more to the mix than it says?
    -If you use rinseless washes as a prep for polishing, will the Aquawax interfere?

Cons-
    -You must wipe the paint down with a buffing towel after you get the majority of the water off with a drying towel. I believe this is due to either the cold weather or the Aquawax. It can be a con to some, but the pro is knowing that their is protection there.

Conclusion - This product is another great one by Duragloss. I truly enjoyed every minute of using it besides the fact that my fingers went numb even using latex gloves. After I run out of my DP and ONR stock pile that I have now, I will be switching to this exclusively. It cleans the paint better than the other two, and it is more lubricated. It is only an added benefit that it has a wax built into it! When this product comes out next month I will be buying a gallon of this even though I have a gallon of ONR and DPRWG left.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review. If you have any questions, feel free to fire away.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Duragloss 931 Rinseless Wash with Aquawax

Great review Keith!!! Thanks for taking the time and sharing this soon to be released product.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. It looks like a solid product.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for freezing your hands so you could do this review for us. Looks like another great product from DG.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, from the looks and sounds of it we have another quality rinseless wash product to use. YEAH!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Great review, I`m going to have to order some now.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

thank you i will deff be trying this even tho i have a half gallon of onr

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, Keith.

Does it let the wash media release the dirt? I`ve found ONR and DP RW&G to turn my Bone black by the end of the wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Keith,

That was a great in depth review with all the detail and photos to clearly see how effective the product is. Initially I was one of the rinseless wash skeptics but after using them a few times I`m now a rinseless wash believer...

Great review and I can`t wait to try it....

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Great review, Keith.

Does it let the wash media release the dirt? I`ve found ONR and DP RW&G to turn my Bone black by the end of the wash.
    For reasons unknown to me, I found that my wool mitt releases dirt and debris much better....just a thought

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    For reasons unknown to me, I found that my wool mitt releases dirt and debris much better....just a thought
    Thanks Bobby. I used to use wool mitts for a long while but they seemed to shed after only a few washes. I have no doubt it was from improperly caring for them. Still not sure how to do that correctly. Tried hang drying and pretty much got dried out shrunken-head versions. Not to hijack, but advice appreciated. I probably have a half dozen stored away.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I am not sure why you add "taffy" to the smell description but an interesting comment. When I hear "taffy" I think of a state fair or a place at the beach.

I would be interested in hearing reports of others about being better than ONR or DP.

I am not sure about the comment about available OTC -- at least stocked on the shelf. The usual places that stock DG around here like Car Quest will not likely pick this up for years. They must not sell much DG since the bottles always look dusty.

The whole OTC market seems a bit odd (what is stocked, who stocks, etc) and maybe because the customers are the same way. In some cases, I know some sellers pay to get shelf space. Given the Durgaloss reputation you would think some places would like to stock good products. But, I bet if you asked the consumer they probably have not heard about Duragloss and brand awareness is key in the OTC space.

<same response elsewhere>

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Interesting. When I used a wool mitt with ONR, it ended up rather gummy - wool seemed toe stuck together more.

I now use microfiber mitts (fairly short pile) and switch them out as they get soiled. The mitts are white (some from PakShak, others from PAC) so they show everything. They look nasty but at least you can really see what is in the mitt.

If I could design my own it would be like a microfiber covered large flatter than typical sponge. The bone is too thick.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Keith. This is another product I am really looking forward to trying out. I have yet to use a Duragloss product I was disappointed with. Duragloss products that are reasonably priced and work well.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! Thank you for braving the cold and risking your limbs with frostbite for the sake of the forum. Looks like a great product!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, Keith.

I had the same experience with a off white Chenelle mit. I had to use an APC afterward to clean it. Had a slimy feel to it. Unfortunatly the reviewer used a MF towel so we are going to have to wait on this one.

Still not sure how to do that correctly. Tried hang drying and pretty much got dried out shrunken-head versions. Not to hijack, but advice appreciated. I probably have a half dozen stored away.
    You could always send me one of them and I could help you try to figure it out JK

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post

I would be interested in hearing reports of others about being better than ONR or DP.

I`m sure with time that will be discussed.

I am not sure about the comment about available OTC -- at least stocked on the shelf.

None of the auto parts stores in my area carry Duragloss stuff. NAPA,Car Quest, Federated or Advanced Auto but according to Duragloss web site they do. Which tells me they can order it for you but your not going to find it on the shelf.

Given the Durgaloss reputation you would think some places would like to stock good products. But, I bet if you asked the consumer they probably have not heard about Duragloss and brand awareness is key in the OTC space.

<same response elsewhere>
    Not only has the general consumer not heard of it the buyer for the chain probably hasn`t either. The buyers buy what sells and your normal chain sticks with known brands. And that also comes from marketing by the manufacturer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information