Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I ask is because I hate climbing up onto my bed, and would only like to do it only when I wash, and since no one can see my roof, unless you are 8` tall, its not a high priority to me.
    2000 Natural White Toyota Tundra

Rolling on: Weld Typhoons & 33`s

Protected by: Zaino + 303

Interior Audio: Premier

Exterior Audio: Borla Split side cat back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I can offer at least a week Have had my Z on since last weekend, but I did Z6 so that probably won`t help you much since you won`t be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino should last at least 4 months and maybe longer. TO keep it lasting use the Z wash and QD once in a while as it seems to replenish the system.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s a guy on another board I frequent who has not put a coat of Zaino on his car in 6 to 7 months. He simply uses the Z7 wash and Z6 for quick touch ups. He`s also a Z distributor....

Personally, I can`t wait that long! Being the Z addict that I am, I have to apply more coats every month.

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    My white `94 Regal which is a daily driver and is living through a Michigan winter and it still shines and beads like I polished it a week ago after just two (2) coats of z2 early last September...
    Rich Ross
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN MOBILE DETAIL
    Huntsville, Utah

WEWAXEM!

Post Thanks / Like

PAC Tells How to.... remove existing waxes and sealants.

Remove existing wax or sealant coatings

When switching from one wax (or sealant) to another, manufacturers recommend removing the prior product before applying the new. This insures a clean surface for uniformity of shine and maximum product adhesion which increases the durability of the wax (or sealant). Applying one product over another, particularly if the brands are different, can lessen durability and cause streaking or hazy patches due to the interaction of various chemical ingredients.

Removing the current wax requires either chemical cleaning (using chemicals that strip the wax) or abrasive polishing (using ultra fine polishing agents to lightly abrade the coating and polish the paint). Most dedicated ?pre-wax cleaners? use a combination of both. And since most manufacturers of wax products offer specific pre-wax cleaners, it is a sure fire way to insure the wax (or sealant) generates the highest level of shine and longest life cycle.

A note on manufacturer specific ?Pre-Wax Cleaners?.

While we applaud the detailer who mixes and matches products, thinks out side the box, and uses chemicals like various hues on a palette to paint their version of perfection, it is often safest for the rest to stick with a particular manufacturers pre-wax cleaner. Certain pre-wax cleaners may leave behind a chemical designed to promote the maximum adhesion of their wax, sticking with the same manufacturer guarantee best results. Some examples of manufacture specific pre-wax cleaners include P21s Paint Work Cleaners, S100 Paintwork cleanser, Optimum Poli-Seal, Mother?s California Gold Liquid Wax Cleaner)

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish.

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish is a pre-wax cleaner that uses ultra fine polishing agents combined with cleaners to safely remove previous wax as well as polish paint to a high shine. While Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish does leave behind a chemical that will promote the bonding of the Blackfire Wet Diamond paint sealant or Blackfire Midnight Sun carnauba paste, we have tested many other brands over this product and have never found one that was negatively affected by the product. When in doubt, Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish is a great choice when you want the shine cleaning ability of a cleanser and the shine of a polish and don?t have a brand specific pre-wax cleanser at home.

Claying

Using Blackfire PolyClay II is another way to completely remove existing wax or sealant coatings. Claying the surface prior to waxing will remove old wax, surface contamination (overspray, fallout, pollution) and helps restore a clean car shine by deep cleaning the paint. If the surface still looks dull (but feels smooth) than a light polish can help restore that new car shine, such as Blackfire?s Gloss Enhancing Polish.

Chemical Cleaning

Tar removers, body shop prep solvents, Wurth Clean Solve , P21S Total Auto Wash, and heavily diluted (100 parts water: 1 part clear) Meguiar?s Super Degreaser will also remove wax and sealant coatings. Many people use a light mix of Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA), diluted to about 10-20% total alcohol to remove wax and sealants as well.

Dish washing soaps have a reputation for removing wax but better waxes and sealants seem impervious to the pH neutral liquids. They have also earned a reputation of drying out seals and fading plastic trims. While the jury is still out on that, we believe that using chemicals designed for automotive cleaning is not only potentially safer, but just makes sense.

All-In-One Cleaner/Waxes.

There is a subset of waxes and sealants known as All-In-One products. These AIO products are waxes or sealants that contain their own cleaning agents, negating the need for a separate, pre-wax cleaning step. In many cases these one step waxes (and sealants) will not clean as effectively, nor last as long, as using products designed for each step, but they are easy to use and do a great job with minimal time invested.

Products like Autoglym Super Resin Polish , Klasse All In One, Optimum Poli-seal, Meguiar?s Cleaner/Wax, Mother?s California Gold Cleaner Wax can be applied over existing products without any pre-wax cleaning or polishing. The cleaners in these products will automatically remove pre-existing wax or sealants. For the professional detailer, cleaner/waxes such as Optimum Poli-Seal and Meguiar?s D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream are available in bulk sizes and perfect for the customer who wants a high shine in no time.

If you have any questions or concerns about removing your existing wax or sealant coating please give us a call at 1 800 628 7596

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice write up. I was not aware that Meguiar`s #7 can also be considered a pre-wax cleaner. I always thought it was just a glaze.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t know Opti-seal was a pre-wax cleaner. Is that supposed to be poli-seal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by termigator
    Nice write up. I was not aware that Meguiar`s #7 can also be considered a pre-wax cleaner. I always thought it was just a glaze.
    You are correct. I am rewriting the articles from Ask A Pro- Proper Auto Care and missed the correction (There was an old picture of #9 and I was very tired :-?. #7 is a glaze, or in Meg`s speak, a `pure polish`. While it is used prior to a wax (in particular it looks great underneath Meguiar`s #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax), it does NOT feature any cleaners or fine polishing agents and would not be considered a `pre-wax` cleaner! Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
    I didn`t know Opti-seal was a pre-wax cleaner. Is that supposed to be poli-seal?
    Great eye, you are correct. This is what happens when you finish an article at 1:00AM

edited because I deleted my first reply and left the unfinished one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    Yeah, I was under the impression that it contained oils and fillers, and they would interfere with applying a sealant. Maybe ok with a wax though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shizam1 View Post
    Yeah, I was under the impression that it contained oils and fillers, and they would interfere with applying a sealant. Maybe ok with a wax though.
    Correct. Meguiar`s M07 is a oil rich glaze. While we have tested Blackfire Wet Diamond over it an had no apparent issues with bonding, it could likely effect the bonding of some products. As an aside, Meguiar`s works hard to ensure that all of their products will work over other products (unless specifically stated) so you can apply their sealants and waxes over #7 such as Meguiar`s M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0, Meguiar`s Gold Class Carnauba, and the newly released Meguiar`s Ultimate Wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Like always superb info Maestro Todd!
    So many people who believed that a good Down wash would remove or strip the wax,
    think again. Paint might need the extra help to be adequately prepared for new lsp.
    :spy:

Post Thanks / Like
    Your my idol Maestro Thodd Muscleman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Correct. Meguiar`s M07 is a oil rich glaze. While we have tested Blackfire Wet Diamond over it an had no apparent issues with bonding, it could likely effect the bonding of some products. As an aside, Meguiar`s works hard to ensure that all of their products will work over other products (unless specifically stated) so you can apply their sealants and waxes over #7 such as Meguiar`s M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0, Meguiar`s Gold Class Carnauba, and the newly released Meguiar`s Ultimate Wax.

Thanks for the correction on #7. Still, it`s nice to know that Blackfire has no bonding issues with #7. My bottle of #7 has been sitting around for ages because I usually apply a sealant before topping with a carnauba (If at all) and I`ve always been concerned with sealant bonding issues with #7.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the informative advice. My new Fusion is ready for a good spring cleaning.

I would like to mention that your hyperlink for poli-seal in your 1st post is still going to opti-seal.
    A rookie like me would blindly order it and discover too late that it doesn`t clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information