Post Thanks / Like

gonna give pinnacle xmt swirl removers a try

hey used pbs ssr2.5 and i dont like how long it takes to break down and im not getign the results i want so i just bought xmt swirl remover #3 and #1 along with therer carnumba glaze and see how it goes if that doesnt work then ima buy there compund keep you posted

Post Thanks / Like

Re: gonna give pinnacle xmt swirl removers a try

Why not just sand blast the car and start over.
    You`re gonna screw it up completely.
    You really should wait for the pb weekend and get some profeswsional help.

It`s user error, not product.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, Poorboys SSR2.5 on an LC Orange with my PC at speed 6 removed 100% of my swirls on my 11 year old car that never wash polished or waxed and only brought to a car wash. It took 2 full passes (which is first up and down then left and right). After about one full pass, the polish broke down completely so I had to apply twice.

The polish seems to break down perfectly if you move around a few inches a second as you polish and it will break down, simply work it until it does.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure what you are trying to accoplish but it really sounds to me that need some help. The SSR2.5 is an agressive product as Ron said if you can make the detail day wait & learn
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uadetailing View Post
    hey used pbs ssr2.5 and i dont like how long it takes to break down and im not getign the results i want so i just bought xmt swirl remover #3 and #1 along with therer carnumba glaze and see how it goes if that doesnt work then ima buy there compund keep you posted
    Your going to have the same problem with the XTM you need to learn how to use your PC and proper pad selection.

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion to you would be to slow down and get a lot more practice. You can buy all the products in the world and throw at this, but until you become proficient in the use of the PC, none of it is going to help. And jumping right up there to a compound on a PC is probably only going to make things worse - by instilling deeper hazing you won`t be able to remove. I don`t know exactly what it is you are not doing, as I have tried to somewhat follow your posts, but I will tell you this - SSR2.5 is a pretty aggressive polish for PC use, and there`s not a whole lot I couldn`t get out with it using just a PC and some patience.

My guess is, you are not spending enough time on the marring for the PC to effectively work down the edges to reduce/remove it. I think you should stop where you are, take a day or so and work on one panel - half and half to measure your progress. Take pictures and post them up, both of the panel and, if possible, how you are using the machine. Post those up and let the guys on here critique what you are doing.

Sometimes with a PC, you have to move very slowly and be very patient. Don`t expect to be able to polish your car in one afternoon and have it 100%. In reality, you most likely won`t ever get it to 100% if you drive it daily. You seem to be very new at this (PC polishing), so I think you need to take more time to research your exact issue and possibly search out someone close to you who may be on DC, Autopia, etc to give you a few pointers. Maybe you could meet up with someone and buy their lunch or something for a couple hours of their time.

Throwing money (i.e. different products) at the problem is not going to make it better. You`re gonna have to get familiar with the PC, the different pads and polishes, and understand what you can feasibly remove and what defects you`ll have to live with.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    My suggestion to you would be to slow down and get a lot more practice. You can buy all the products in the world and throw at this, but until you become proficient in the use of the PC, none of it is going to help. And jumping right up there to a compound on a PC is probably only going to make things worse - by instilling deeper hazing you won`t be able to remove. I don`t know exactly what it is you are not doing, as I have tried to somewhat follow your posts, but I will tell you this - SSR2.5 is a pretty aggressive polish for PC use, and there`s not a whole lot I couldn`t get out with it using just a PC and some patience.

My guess is, you are not spending enough time on the marring for the PC to effectively work down the edges to reduce/remove it. I think you should stop where you are, take a day or so and work on one panel - half and half to measure your progress. Take pictures and post them up, both of the panel and, if possible, how you are using the machine. Post those up and let the guys on here critique what you are doing.

Sometimes with a PC, you have to move very slowly and be very patient. Don`t expect to be able to polish your car in one afternoon and have it 100%. In reality, you most likely won`t ever get it to 100% if you drive it daily. You seem to be very new at this (PC polishing), so I think you need to take more time to research your exact issue and possibly search out someone close to you who may be on DC, Autopia, etc to give you a few pointers. Maybe you could meet up with someone and buy their lunch or something for a couple hours of their time.

Throwing money (i.e. different products) at the problem is not going to make it better. You`re gonna have to get familiar with the PC, the different pads and polishes, and understand what you can feasibly remove and what defects you`ll have to live with.
    EXCELLENT POST JP I COULD NOT AGREE MORE the PC is not a miracle machine in fact it is very slow at removing defects and it takes time to learn to make a car look good.

Post Thanks / Like

ya your right see ive been going way to fast like i said ima post up pix. the hood which ive been practising on is really shiney and smooth but when the light hits it a certin way at night you can see swirls/scratches and etc now i dont know if i need to step up to ssr2.5 with a yellow pad or what but it was an impulse buy to get the xmt 3 and 1 with the glaze i saw it on aoutgeek with the video and it looked like it worked great on swirled vehical and they where just using the orange pad so you guys are right i just need to be patient ima spend a whole day on like oyu said a panel like the door or somthing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uadetailing View Post
    ya your right see ive been going way to fast like i said ima post up pix. the hood which ive been practising on is really shiney and smooth but when the light hits it a certin way at night you can see swirls/scratches and etc now i dont know if i need to step up to ssr2.5 with a yellow pad or what but it was an impulse buy to get the xmt 3 and 1 with the glaze i saw it on aoutgeek with the video and it looked like it worked great on swirled vehical and they where just using the orange pad so you guys are right i just need to be patient ima spend a whole day on like oyu said a panel like the door or somthing
    Here is a link that should be some help for you.
    Machine Polishing by Dual Action Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand you`re about an hour +/- from Poorboys.

Just wait for the 3rd of Octobler and LEARN how to do it properly.

You`re just spinning your wheels getting nowhere right now except more and more frustrated.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    From what I understand you`re about an hour +/- from Poorboys.

Just wait for the 3rd of Octobler and LEARN how to do it properly.

You`re just spinning your wheels getting nowhere right now except more and more frustrated.
    I totally agree with Ron. Come to the meet if you can Steve and some of us others will be more than happy to show you
    Kurt

Post Thanks / Like

a apprciuate it guys cuz i deff wouldl iek to get great at this and have my own biz

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I was close enough to be able to attend PbU (Poorboy`s University).
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya long drive from Kansas. I was up in New York during the last one but after driving 23 hours in the Corolla you can understand why I didn`t want to drive a few more hours.
    Hudd`s Mobile Auto Detailing
    "At Your Door Auto Care"

Thread Information