Thread: Odor Bomb tips?

Time is fleeting.
    Post Thanks / Like

Odor Bomb tips?

I have ordered a couple of cans of the Dakota Odor Bombs (I`m saving one for future use). In reading the scant instructions online I see each can is designed to treat up to 6000 cubic feet! Holy crap that seems like massive overkill for my Outback wagon. Anyone used this product? I have seen a few recommendations on DC and I am wondering if you can stop the bomb once it has started. I don`t want to soak the interior with this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Odor Bomb tips?

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post
    I have ordered a couple of cans of the Dakota Odor Bombs (I`m saving one for future use). In reading the scant instructions online I see each can is designed to treat up to 6000 cubic feet! Holy crap that seems like massive overkill for my Outback wagon. Anyone used this product? I have seen a few recommendations on DC and I am wondering if you can stop the bomb once it has started. I don`t want to soak the interior with this stuff.
    A bomb is simply an aerosol can the lock in the open position so the entire can empties. They make bombs for Odor, pest control and sanitizing rooms. I think it is over kill for a car. I suggest you try fabreeze or prying off the top and using a standard aerosol top to dispense the product. it will be too over powering in a car IMHO.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No need to pry off the top. The Dakota Odor Bombs can be sprayed in bursts without locking the cap down to fogger mode. I tried one of these in our mini van and it did a good job of killing odors but did make a little mess.

We keep a can in both of our vehicles and just use them as quick air fresheners. One quick burst refreshes the whole car. I don`t think I would use it in fogger mode again. To treat odors you could just spray it around in your vehicles so that it`s pretty strong and then close up the car for a little while.

Time is fleeting.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. I should be able to do that easily since it is a wagon. Just open the hatch, spray a big cloud inside with AC running and shut the hatch.

The car came back from the repair shop with an odor that I can`t quite pin down. Seems like it is cigarette, but it is not a powerful smell. And it mostly comes from the AC, but it is also in the upholstery. I will also be cleaning everything as best I can, but the bomb will the last step to finish it off. This is very much like the Seinfeld episode where the "O" did not go with the "B" except not as funny.

Thread Information