Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Long lasting tire dressing

I have the Super Shine Detail Looks Wet No Mess Tire Shine which is a silicone based product. It dries 1 minute after spraying and this thing lasts on my tires for a couple of weeks even after going through rain several times. I would have preferred something with a lower gloss.

Super Shine Detail Products, LLC

Does anyone have experience with these other products?

Mequiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss
    Gold Class™ Endurance® High Gloss G7516 Product Information

Griot`s Garage Long Lasting Tire Dressing
    Griot`s Garage 1-800-345-5789 - Car Care

Top of the Line Grape Tire Dressing
    Grape Tire Dressing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Long lasting tire dressing

I know that you are new but use the search feature and see if there is a thread about these products already....this site has a lot to offer and some of the subjects that new people post we have reviewed and talked about already...just a bit of insight from a older seasoned member
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Silicone based dressing will last longer especially when driven in the rain ... but the side effect is tire durability. Silicone is detrimental to tires and can cause premature damage, especially in states with a lot of sun light and UV radiation. I think all silicone based dressings are clear...

Water based dressing are safer but don`t last as long especially in the rain ... these dressings are normally milky colored...

The only ones I`ve used above was the TOL Grape Dressing. It was a decent product it looked good (deep black shine) but turned my tires brown after a short period of time.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One more you might want to throw on the list is Shining Monkey`s No Spitting Tire Shine.

No Spitting Tire Shine : Shining Monkey Premium Car Care, The Home of D-Spec and No Spitting Tire Shine

It`s low gloss, lasts a pretty long time and does not sling at all. I always have at least 3 cans in the garage. Of the other products on your list, I have used Meg`s GC and wasn`t too impressed.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Was going to try the TOL Grape Dressing but just after hearing the last post before yours I think I will give this a shot. Getting tired of all the fling and I don`t even put much on
    Is there anything in the local store that would have this or something as equal?

Also how long does a can usually last you?

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy View Post
    One more you might want to throw on the list is Shining Monkey`s No Spitting Tire Shine.

No Spitting Tire Shine : Shining Monkey Premium Car Care, The Home of D-Spec and No Spitting Tire Shine

It`s low gloss, lasts a pretty long time and does not sling at all. I always have at least 3 cans in the garage. Of the other products on your list, I have used Meg`s GC and wasn`t too impressed.
    R.I.P Derek. I love you brother!
    Arcade Gangsta | Arcade Thugz | Arcade Maniacs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accord04 View Post
    Also how long does a can usually last you?
    A can lasts me probably about 10 applications (4 tires per application). It took me a whole can before I became efficient in spraying the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally use BNB and have found that it gives a great look and it has decent staying power...

Also you can very the shine on your tires by simply wiping them down after you apply the dressing if you like a more matted finish...I dod this anyways just to make sure there isn`t any loose dressing that will sling onto the car once I start driving it...
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t want to be "that guy" - you know the one who comes into a thread and starts pushing Zaino like a drug dealer at an elementary school - but I have been really impressed by Z16. It`s one of the Z products I have used that actually lives up to the Zaino hype so far. Low gloss shine, easy to apply, looks even when applied, doesn`t sling, and it lasts decently.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently started using CG Trim and Tire Gel. It has quickly become my favorite. Apply with a dressing applicator and you can adjust the gloss to your liking. Lasts a very long time I usually get 3 weeks or so out of an application. That`s with lots of driving through sun or rain. BTW, it is great for all your black trim I applied it to my mirrors and door handles 2 months ago and it is stil black.

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcxguy View Post
    A can lasts me probably about 10 applications (4 tires per application). It took me a whole can before I became efficient in spraying the tires.
    I probably get a few more uses out of a can, but I have really, really thin sidewalls.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

i recently used ultimas tire and trim gaurd and was very impressed with it. it actually seals the rubber, drys dry to the touch and lasts for weeks. you can layer it to your desired level of shine, 2x works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for the Ultima Tire and Trim. Don`t care for it on trim or wheels, but on tires: No sling, low gloss, great durability and doesn`t attracht dirst/dust.

Gonna try Z16 next...

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything that lasts too long or seals your tire is not good for the tire... todays tires are meant to expand and contract with heat and cold...sealing it will cause pre-mature rotting of the side wall which is where all of the weight of a vehicle lies, especially around curves. Water-based dressings may not last as long, but the don`t destroy the integrity or safety of the tire...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think that the sealant would prevent the tire from it`s normal process? I`m not trying to start an argument here, just want some input and people`s thoughts. Also Steve, do you have any links about this so that I can read more about it? You "generally" seem to know what you are talking about.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Low Tech View Post
    +1 for the Ultima Tire and Trim. Don`t care for it on trim or wheels, but on tires: No sling, low gloss, great durability and doesn`t attracht dirst/dust.

Gonna try Z16 next...
    Strange. I have tried the first and second version of Ultima tire/trim and the appearance diminished very quickly on our cars after any moisture on the road.
    One car has big sidewalls and the other very small.

But, I really do like it on trim.
    1991 NSX Blk/Blk
    2005 Civic Si
    2003 Xterra SC < Sold!
    2006 NBP EXP Honda Element AWD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information