Post Thanks / Like

Any tips on detailing around spoilers

As some may have read I pick up a new car. Out with the old...

The thing is that this one has a spoiler, pretty much an accurate description when it comes to me polising and protecting my trunck.
    Anyone have any tips for machine polishing aound it, other than removing it every few months. The biggest problem seems to be getting to that area under the spoiler.

I`m sure that I am not the only one with this issue so I am sure that others too would appreciate the feedback

TIA
    "J"

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any tips on detailing around spoilers

I never really polished underneath the spoiler of my old car. I just waxed it when I was done polishing the rest of the car. It was almost like an out of sight out of mind thing for me. If the area is big enough, you should be able to get an applicator in between the spoiler and trunk to polish it by hand. I`ve done that with a few vehicles that I did for customers.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Jay,
    I did a few vehicles with spoliers and i always use an applicator with polish ..In most cases theresno room between the spoiler and trunk deck to machine polish..you can try scatch X to reduce some of the marring ..IMHO, I like GS 27 better then scratch X .02..

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you check and see if it is attached with tape and/or mechanical fasteners. If by chance it is just mechanical fasteners you could remove it, correct any problems and reinstall it. Going to that extent would probably leave it in a condition where wax in the future was all it needed.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs95
    As some may have read I pick up a new car. Out with the old...

The thing is that this one has a spoiler, pretty much an accurate description when it comes to me polising and protecting my trunck.
    Anyone have any tips for machine polishing aound it, other than removing it every few months. The biggest problem seems to be getting to that area under the spoiler.

I`m sure that I am not the only one with this issue so I am sure that others too would appreciate the feedback

TIA
    "J"
    Jay

Every one that I have done is been by hand, there is not much visiablity of the of the paint under it and on the lower position of the spoiler. I applied by hand and rubbed in the best that I could then, then to remove the product I would use a towel run threw the spoiler and garb both ends and buff like you would a shoe, then run my hand across the top of the trunk lid, with a MT towel and that seemed to do it...however if you can remove it with out to much trouble then that`s the route I would go, the method that I use is on customers cars and I`m not going to take off theres
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information