Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cant get rid of holograms

Wonder how it`d go if a small area were done by hand. I`m just thinking how fingernail scratches behind Audi door handles by hand used to take me a full afternoon (yes, hours of work for a few square inches), but now such work is quick and easy thanks to today`s products. I`m kinda fixating on getting *some* test-spot fixed, even if it`s just a really small area.

If the clear on this Jetta is too thin for this problem to be corrected, well...I`d be making a different sort of plans. I doubt that, but without an ETG it`s maybe a hard call. Eh, I`d work one small area *by hand* until it`s OK even if that took [however long it takes]. Which shouldn`t be all *that* long, not hours like in the old days.

Post Thanks / Like

*To me* those marks in the video look like some of the damage I`ve seen when someone gets too aggressive by hand and/or wipes down a dirty dry car. Like mentioned, I`ve never seen a DA make a mess like that. If the OP is still using his "old stuff," it may have deteriorated to the point where it`s either completely ineffective or super harsh. My vote is ineffective since they don`t look like a DAs pattern of hazing or *scratching.*

I think it would be worthwhile to get some new product (whatever he feels comfortable using) and starting with a mild/medium polish, not an compound and see if that nets him any improvements.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

So I finished the hood, roof, and driver/passenger front doors. I tried different methods for each and I am happier with the hood results. That was a lake country blue with fg400 followed by medium cut and a Polish pad followed by super finish on a finishing pad. Yes they are still there slightly but way better than that first pic. I messed with other combos for varying degrees of satisfaction for the other areas. And then on the trunk I used sonax perfect finish which came out looking like the three step process on the hood... So wierd the varying examples on just one car. I couldn`t get sunlight pics today but I want to post for your thoughts everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Also just to verify my own methods, what`s a DA speed/pressure/arm speed combo that`s best for finish polish? Is there a consensus?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information