Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just picked up new car... and WHAT IS THIS?!

Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    They had a Focus RS just sitting on the lot? Thought those were tough to get.
    They`re getting easier to find. My original order (not this car) was placed back in August, and was built in early November. Not sure what happened, but it`s been sitting at the port waiting for a ship date. This one (also a 2017) was part of a dealer-to-dealer multi-car swap, so they offered it to me instead, since it was close to what I had ordered and I was whiny. The dealer has two (2016) cars in their showroom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    rdaniels- Don`t touch it. Don`t try to "fix" it. Take it back and demand satisfaction, however *YOU* define that. IMO it`s *VERY* likely that it can only be fixed with a paintgun and they owe you a repair.

To be perfectly honest, that would kill the car for me, but I`m a [nutjob] about such stuff.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia! Truly sorry that you`re having to deal with such a thing
    *waving*

I`ve been around off and on, depending on the car I needed to detail. Kind of freaked out that I bought my first black car. Metallic paints I`m confident about, but I`m not sure what`s best for black.

I`ve started the warranty process on the car. No one is arguing that it`s not there, but.. we`ll see what they offer as a solution. The sales guys aren`t bad. I`m not sure they would have noticed these spots before I pointed them out.

As far as turning down the car, well. Maybe. I drive cars. I race cars. At a certain point performance trumps appearance. Also, my order was delayed. When I saw the car in the showroom I saw the typical scratches from customers wandering around randomly poking at the cars, and the car was pretty dirty for being in the showroom. Based on that, I figured the spot on the hood was water spotting or other contaminant from poor detailing. The others were buried under the dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msquared298 View Post
    Looks like there was moisture trapped in the wrapper far as I can tell. I work at Ford and have delivered three of these and happens on every one since they come from Germany and sat so long. This is the most extreme I`ve seen but usually you will see "ghosting" on the bumpers as well as the sides of the spoiler.
    Interesting. All the spots are on the edges where you`d expect moisture to accumulate, plus the bumper.

Post Thanks / Like

Moisture under the wrap, Tesla had the same problem. It will clear in the sun after a few weeks and then a good polishing will take care of the rest . Make it a dealer problem as I`m sure they have a bulletin already. If you try it and burn it you own it!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, rdaniels thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

rdaniels- Cynical ol` me thinks the Dealer knew fully well about this issue. The stories I could tell...

But with any luck it *is* merely a temporary issue and will clear up.

Oh, and I`m glad to hear you`re the kind of owner who will track that thing. Too many people buy high-spec cars despite never running them the right way in the right environment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    rdaniels- Cynical ol` me thinks the Dealer knew fully well about this issue. The stories I could tell...

But with any luck it *is* merely a temporary issue and will clear up.

Oh, and I`m glad to hear you`re the kind of owner who will track that thing. Too many people buy high-spec cars despite never running them the right way in the right environment.
    They might have known, but they still offered me a car for less than MSRP when even the last-year cars are going for MSRP or over, so.. Guess I should have expected *something*. Still, it`s a blast to drive.

I did hear from their warranty rep that Ford has agreed to cover the repair. I`ll touch base with them and see if they`re willing to wait a bit, in case some of the marks resolve on their own. It`ll take a while to negotiate shop time and loaners, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information