Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Coustomer service!

I have to share my story about the customer service I received. A few months ago I bought a used Griot`s Garage GG6 polisher off Ebay. When I received the polisher it looked to be in pretty good condition, but had some wear. When I plugged it in to test it the polisher turned on but the speed dial didn`t adjust, it just stayed at full speed like it was on speed 6 all the time. So after contacting the Ebay seller I decided to accept a discount and keep the polisher.

I then contacted Griot`s Garage getting information about cost to repair the polisher. I was told by a Griot`s representative that even thought it was purchased used through a 3rd party, it still falls under the lifetime warranty. All I would need to do was fill out some information on a form they emailed to me and ship it into their Indiana office and within 24-72 hours they would repair or replace it. 6 days after shipping the GG6 to them I receive a box back from them. I opened the box and to my surprise there is a brand new GG6 polisher! Wow what a way to stand behind a product!!!

So to recap I buy a used polisher from a 3rd party that has a defect and Griot`s replaces it with a brand new polisher. Wow Wow Wow... All it cost me was the shipping to send it to them. I don`t think I have ever bought a Griot`s Garage product other then the used polisher, but they just gained a customer for life! Any time I can purchase a product of theirs that meets my needs they will get my business. I will be placing an order shortly for several of their products to try.

Thank you Griot`s Garage for going above and beyond backing your product and the great customer service!!!
    Mike
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coustomer service!

Quote Originally Posted by mikejames View Post
    I have to share my story about the customer service I received. A few months ago I bought a used Griot`s Garage GG6 polisher off Ebay. When I received the polisher it looked to be in pretty good condition, but had some wear. When I plugged it in to test it the polisher turned on but the speed dial didn`t adjust, it just stayed at full speed like it was on speed 6 all the time. So after contacting the Ebay seller I decided to accept a discount and keep the polisher.

I then contacted Griot`s Garage getting information about cost to repair the polisher. I was told by a Griot`s representative that even thought it was purchased used through a 3rd party, it still falls under the lifetime warranty. All I would need to do was fill out some information on a form they emailed to me and ship it into their Indiana office and within 24-72 hours they would repair or replace it. 6 days after shipping the GG6 to them I receive a box back from them. I opened the box and to my surprise there is a brand new GG6 polisher! Wow what a way to stand behind a product!!!

So to recap I buy a used polisher from a 3rd party that has a defect and Griot`s replaces it with a brand new polisher. Wow Wow Wow... All it cost me was the shipping to send it to them. I don`t think I have ever bought a Griot`s Garage product other then the used polisher, but they just gained a customer for life! Any time I can purchase a product of theirs that meets my needs they will get my business. I will be placing an order shortly for several of their products to try.

Thank you Griot`s Garage for going above and beyond backing your product and the great customer service!!!
    Mike
    Word of mouth paid off big for them with this post.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 65chevy, mikejames, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta send mine back as well, cord issue. We`ll see how it goes; $14.50 to UPS it back to `em.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Likes mikejames, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Word of mouth paid off big for them with this post.
    And their actions are even bigger! I have read on the forums about great customer service from Griot`s, but this IMHO is the next level of backing their product. I bought it used and never even had a warranty card to fill out. Do they back the BOSS polishers like this with lifetime warranty?

Post Thanks / Like

And their actions are even bigger! I have read on the forums about great customer service from Griot`s, but this IMHO is the next level of backing their product. I bought it used and never even had a warranty card to fill out. Do they back the BOSS polishers like this with lifetime warranty?
    I believe they all have that same warranty,hope so,just bought the Boss 15,actually,I hope I never need the warranty but good to know just in case.
    If I`m not fishing,I`m wishing I was.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my gg3&6" as open ax deals and didn`t have a warranty card to fill. Got the nano now to replace the gg3" which I have to say I like over the gg but it`s good to have back up, especially as a business even if it isn`t as good it`ll still get job done just not as quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Mike. This was on bottom of Boss systems polisher

WARRANTY:

• Griot’s Garage Lifetime Guarantee - Griot’s Garage will repair or replace any defective tool, without charge, due to faulty materials or workmanship for the working life of the tool, subject to certain exclusions below.
    • Six Month Satisfaction Guarantee - We want you to enjoy our quality product and have fun with it! If you’re not 100% satisfied for any reason within six months of purchase, return it to point of sale with proof of purchase for a full refund or credit.
    • Two Year Comprehensive Warranty - With online warranty registration, Griot’s Garage will facilitate replacement of worn parts caused by normal use, without charge, anytime during the two years from date of purchase. We will either repair it or replace it or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither.
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclusions:

• The Two Year Comprehensive Warranty is void should your tool experience damage caused by failure to follow the recommended maintenance, misuse,alteration or abuse.
    • Griot’s Garage Lifetime Guarantee does not cover damage caused by failure to follow recommended maintenance, misuse, alteration or abuse. Normal wear and tear is not considered a defect, therefore part failure which may occur as the result of ordinary use is excluded from coverage.
    • Griot’s Garage is not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages.
    • Replacement Parts - Tools have a life expectancy, particularly when they are subjected to the rigors of a professional environment. There are components which simply do not last forever. We maintain a complete assortment of replacement parts including; cords, brushes, rotors, body components, counter balance assemblies, etc. Contact your dealer or Griot’s Garage C
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.

Post Thanks / Like

great company. i had my griot`s 6 da for about five years with zero problems until my parrot climbed onto my detail bag one day and chewed through the cord. i called griot`s to ask if simply repairing the cord myself would be a problem and they said to return it. in short order i had a new griot`s 6 da at my doorstep at no charge when i would have been happy to pay for a repair to the old one. pretty decent company in my book.
    Likes mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    great company. i had my griot`s 6 da for about five years with zero problems until my parrot climbed onto my detail bag one day and chewed through the cord. i called griot`s to ask if simply repairing the cord myself would be a problem and they said to return it. in short order i had a new griot`s 6 da at my doorstep at no charge when i would have been happy to pay for a repair to the old one. pretty decent company in my book.
    Great news! I better online register my Boss15.

Oh by the way.. What did they say when you told them a Parrot did it ??

Post Thanks / Like

Wow this is great to hear! Especially since I just bought a new griot`s 6" random orbit. It`s the first name-brand polishing tool I ever ordered. Been using a $35 harbor freight rotary for the last 3 or 4 years (and it still works!). I just want something that doesn`t weight ten pounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Great company!! Their Leather care spray is great. Microfibers are great and the Boss 15 ain`t to shabby. I`m going to give their new Best of Show Detail Spray a try when I place my next order.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my GG polisher (I got last Christmas) but now I too will be seeking out GG products (especially since AutoZone carries some of their stuff). I`ve used their chrome wheel cleaner to great results as well.

Awesome story Mike, thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Great companies give great customer service. Simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully it holds up...they just recd my year old GG6 that developed intermittent power loss due to cord issues. We`ll see what comes back.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information