Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Possible to layer glaze?

TheMeanGreen- I never tried sandwiching the glaze like that. As you figured, the trick would be figuring out the 1st Layer LSP-to-glaze compatibility.

I wouldn`t bother as a) I think that challenge could be daunting, b) I don`t think the underlying LSP layer would contribute anything of significance, and c) you`ll be redoing it often enough that doing any unnecessary extras wouldn`t be worth *my* time.

And I sorta suspect that the *vast* majority of glazes are gonna do their thing best when in direct contact with the paint. Anything that might cause the glaze to "die off" quicker would only hasten the (already likely to be frequent) redos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    TheMeanGreen- I never tried sandwiching the glaze like that. As you figured, the trick would be figuring out the 1st Layer LSP-to-glaze compatibility.

I wouldn`t bother as a) I think that challenge could be daunting, b) I don`t think the underlying LSP layer would contribute anything of significance, and c) you`ll be redoing it often enough that doing any unnecessary extras wouldn`t be worth *my* time.

And I sorta suspect that the *vast* majority of glazes are gonna do their thing best when in direct contact with the paint. Anything that might cause the glaze to "die off" quicker would only hasten the (already likely to be frequent) redos.

That`s what I was thinking, was just curious to see what you guys thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ron, or someone equally as uninformed with bad taste in cars, has suggested keeping glaze on the car while you apply the wax. Specifically BH then NB. That has worked for me. Mixing glaze and wax has also given me great results, although notwithstanding longevity.
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    I think Ron, or someone equally as uninformed with bad taste in cars, has suggested keeping glaze on the car while you apply the wax. Specifically BH then NB. That has worked for me. Mixing glaze and wax has also given me great results, although notwithstanding longevity.
    hhmmmmmmmmm

My uninformed opinion is that you are correct. But sometimes I leave it on, sometimes I wipe the haze and then apply the wax......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 512detail, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Would it make any difference if you used a glaze with polymer fillers like Prima Amigo?
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Would it make any difference if you used a glaze with polymer fillers like Prima Amigo?
    Have you used the Prima Amigo? And please.. what LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Closest I`ve come to that polymer glaze idea is using Autoglym`s Super Resin Polish, which does hold up (as in, continue concealing to the limited degree that it does) well and that others have said works well mixed with an LSP (well, with Autoglym`s High Gloss Protection at least) as a DIY AIO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information