Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fender wells

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fender wells

#1 CarPro DLUX...no doubt the best. Long lasting. Easy to maintain. Looks Fantastic

#2 Sonus MotorKote...not often mentioned, but it looks good and lasts a couple of months

#3 Griot`s Undercarriage...lasts longer than tire dressing. Effectively darkens even dirty suspension and wheel wells

#4 Any tire dressing
    https://m.facebook.com/detailedbykyle?_rdr
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How does Meguiars All Season Dressing do?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve sprayed my clean wells with DG 253 but I would like to try Sonus trim and motor kote as a spray and walk away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    what type of sprayer are you using? ive tried different kinds but nothing puts out a nice even spray mist for me
    Just a normal sprayer/// Dont touch it. It will dry to a perfect finish.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I am also a fan of the Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing. I did up my Lady`s car over a month ago. I washed it last week and decided to do a little testing. I didn`t use any cleaner on the tires or fender wells and tried just pressure washing the brake dust and road crap off of them. The result was a tire and plastic looking fresh as it gets. The current brake pads on her car produce a fair amount of brake dust and our whole area is under road construction. This wasn`t a rinse day after type of scenario. Would I redress a clients tire? Absolutely but I`d likely have to do less work and waste less chemicals during the wash/prep. My process after thorough cleaning, repainting under fender wells if needed, etc. is to use the hyper dressing generously. Obviously use your brain and use an applicator for near painted surfaces. When you let the stuff dry naturally it looks fantastic. I`ve found most of my clients prefer that dressing over the greasy tire dressing as well. So I made the switch and haven`t gone back. One less product I need to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Just to be different I used Collinite 476S 4 Months ago. A wipe with a cloth and they are clean and black again.

Dave
    Ah, that`s different! I`ve used 845 before but never tried their paste due to how YMMV with regard to 476S on black plastics (works great until it doesn`t). Same reason I haven`t tried FK1000P on the plastic bits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmsc View Post
    I use CD-2 Engine Detailer. I bought 6 cans 1 year ago before it went (I think) DISC. It may be under the Turtle Wax name. Its a non-messy, no wiping SOWA product. Just prep it. Lasts a few months, gives the WW`s a black look and if you keep up with it, the cleanup and re-application becomes easy.
    Gonna try this.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I usually just make sure they are clean, but if I do decide to dress it, I tend to use 303 Aerospace.
    - Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I used Black Magic Wet Tire on my tires and wells but I found it too oily for my liking. What I found out on the next wash was that it worked great on the wells. I used a sponge to wash the wells and noticed that the dirt simply wiped off. After they were dry they looked really clean without anything on them. It took almost two months before I had to reapply MW again.

Post Thanks / Like

My front wheel wells have full plastic liners so in July I cleaned them up very well and gave them a coat of Megs Paint Protect (the LSP that`s supposed to last 365 days). So far they continue to look great and are very easy to clean--just a quick hit with the PW. Rears have that cardboard like material so I just hit them with some Armor All from time to time until I use it up then I`ll have to start looking for something better.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Oldfordisbetter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CG Bare Bones is cheap and works great, but it`s thick so you do have to spread it around. It`s great for those areas that look brown or gray, such as bushings and spacers.
    I want to try Sonus Motor Kote. I`ve seen great results with it.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 C/G Bare Bones -
    Just spray it - that`s all there is to it..
    Works great..

Love Meg`s Hyper Dressing - awesome smell - beautiful result when dried naturally -
    Just doesnt last very long...

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Going on 7 Months now. It has rained all week, night and day and the Van has not been cleaned for 3 weeks. The storms are over and headed for the East so it was wash day, The wheel wells were not to bad with the 476S I applied going on 7 Months now, a quick swipe with a Boars hair brush and DG 932 cleaned them back to where they were 7 Months ago. The prep work involved pulling the wheels, cleaning with apc, cleaning with Collinite 870 Liquid Fleet Wax then applying 476S. This process has blown all other attempts in the weeds.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

davidec- You sure do well with the 476S on plastics, huh?

I`m still giving mine a wipe with (sorta-strong) IUDJ, FastFinish, or sometimes UQW when I dry them. Not that I`ve had to wash my vehicles much lately...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    davidec- You sure do well with the 476S on plastics, huh?

I`m still giving mine a wipe with (sorta-strong) IUDJ, FastFinish, or sometimes UQW when I dry them. Not that I`ve had to wash my vehicles much lately...
    Yes 885,845 and 476S seems to do well. Since then especially on the Van`s rear plastic step (remember that plastic from HE**) i have applied optimum spray wax over the 870 and 476S and whatta ya know, no more fading. Now Optimum spray wax has UV A and UV B inhibitors mixed in and that seems to have done the trick. A member on the Geek side gave me a sample a while back which I tried immediately on that step, pillars, mirrors and headlights which has helped in reducing or eliminating all those problems on that Toyota. I have since ordered a gallon . I have a closet full of trim/plastic protectants but as well as Collinite and Optimum products have been working I have not used them in Months.

Dave
    Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information