Post Thanks / Like

It Rained Before I finished!

It Rained Before I Finished

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my first time trying to use a process. I went in this order:

1. Wash: Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    2. Clay: Meguiars: Smooth Surface Clay Kit
    3. Wash:Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    4. Meguiars Deep Crystal® System Paint Cleaner
    5. Meguiars Deep Crystal® System Polish

RAIN RAIN

6. I plan to use NXT GENERATION™ TECH WAX™ 2.0
    ALL OF THIS WAS DONE BY HAND, I WILL BE GETTING THE PORTER CABLE 7424 AND SOME PADS SOON!!!, it may get rid of some more scratches..What do you think?

Question: Can I dry it off and apply the NXT GENERATION™ TECH WAX™ 2.0 or do I have to start over?

Question: Have some scratches that did not completely come out and unknown bleamishes that appeared not to be touched. Any suggestions what to do??

-shampoo: had long lasting suds and smelled clean, the conditioner seemed to darken up my black plastic mirrors and roof racks, but not my running boards or trim.

-clay: I saw contaminants on the clay and the finish felt like glass, I guess it did what is was suppose to do.

-paint cleaner: I read meguiars description of product, I did not really notice too much-not sure what to look for?

-polish: I was somewhat impressed. It got rid of some scratches completely, some faded. Some marks it did not touch, but I do not know what this marks are..acid rain, scratches..not sure what I am looking at.

Appreciate any suggestions/input.

Thanks-Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It Rained Before I finished!

First rule of posting reviews - we want pictures!

When you get the PC you may be able to remove those scratches and blemishes. It is rather difficult if not impossible to do so by hand.

You do not need to start over before applying the NXT 2.0. When you say dry first do you mean the car sat out in the rain? If so, you may need to wash the car again, or use a QD to wipe it down first.

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf View Post
    First rule of posting reviews - we want pictures!

When you get the PC you may be able to remove those scratches and blemishes. It is rather difficult if not impossible to do so by hand.

You do not need to start over before applying the NXT 2.0. When you say dry first do you mean the car sat out in the rain? If so, you may need to wash the car again, or use a QD to wipe it down first.
    I will post pics when the rain stops and I can finish. My car is outside as we speak...sitting IN THE RAIN.

It certainly could be better. It has some tar I can`t get off, especially the wheel wells (it has large and big clumps).

How do I get all this tar and grime off the wheel wells?... and the rest of the vehicle has some other non-distinguishable chips and blemishes. I do not really know what everything is I am looking at.

I`m looking forward to the Porter Cable 7424.

Thanks again,- Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure about the tar. Depends on how much I suppose. Some others should be ale to chime in. I have used PB Bug Squash with some success on some nasty grime but if you have globs of tar that may require a specific product.

Do you have a QD product like the Meg`s Quick Detailer? If so you may be able to freshen the car up after the rain to apply the NXT. If it gets dirty from the rain then you may need to wash it again, but you don`t need to repolish.

Good luck!

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

For tar and tree sap, I have been using Stoners Tarminator. It does not work like a spray on/wip eoff but I have a saturate a part of a towel and then rub the tar/sap section to get it it work in so it will dissolve it. The fluid has to stay in contact to dissolve.

As for the process, you do not need to rewash if you plan to use a paint cleaner or polish after claying.

Meg`s DC2 Polish is really a glaze so it is not removing swirls/scratches but hiding them. There is nothing wrong with that (that is what a glaze is for) but just know they will be back.

The clay kit came with a bottle of Meg`s QD so you can do a quick wipe with a microfiber towel prior to continuing with NXT. I would recommend a foam applicator for NXT and try to apply a thin coat.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information