PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what`s a cadillac VTXi?

Pages : [1] 2

bcwang
09-05-2003, 01:05 PM
I`ve seen it for the second time on the road now. First time it was a couple of months ago, second time was last week. It looks like a cadillac CTS, but it`s got twin large exhaust pipes, and a chrome grill. The wheels seem to be bigger and sportier than the CTS. And the badging is simply VTXi, there is no CTS badge anywhere. I looks like it has a manual mode shifting automatic tranny. At first I thought it might be the CTS-V, but the auto tranny and the fact that I saw one many months ago makes me think that`s not so.

I`ve looked online at the cadillac site and searched through google but could not find anything about this car. Does anyone know what this car is exactly?

imported_Aurora40
09-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Is it possibly just a CTS that someone pimped out? Do you perchance live/drive near GM`s California studio? Maybe try to snap a pict next time. :)

P.S. The CTS-V has totally got my attention... :D

mlebarron
09-05-2003, 07:39 PM
I believe it`s a body kit... although you could do some searches on it and find out for sure

imported_Dude
09-05-2003, 08:26 PM
I think one of the aftermarket Cadillac tire companies -- Vouge Tyre -- makes a tire and ground effects kit for the CTS. Given that the model you saw is called the "VTXi", you may well have seen one of their body kits.

bcwang
09-05-2003, 08:56 PM
I tried searching everywhere, found nothing. I don`t think it`s just a body kit, I could have sworn I saw a manual shift mode on the car I saw, directly at the gear lever, the cts doesn`t have that based on the pictures and info I`ve seen.

rstype
09-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by bcwang

I tried searching everywhere, found nothing.

I think you answered your own question... :nixweiss

C. Charles Hahn
09-05-2003, 09:16 PM
body kit. I live where the CTS and CTS-V are/will be built and have a few friends who work in the plants... supposedly some are sent out from there to recieve this package from an aftermarket company.

C. Charles Hahn
09-05-2003, 09:19 PM

I could have sworn I saw a manual shift mode on the car I saw, directly at the gear lever, the cts doesn`t have that based on the pictures and info I`ve seen.

meaning like a tiptronic trans?

bcwang
09-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

meaning like a tiptronic trans?

At least that`s what I thought I remembered. But I`ve been looking at a lot of new cars lately and I might have just been confused. Oh well, thought it was something special, guess not.

imported_Aurora40
09-06-2003, 09:56 AM

I could have sworn I saw a manual shift mode on the car I saw, directly at the gear lever, the cts doesn`t have that based on the pictures and info I`ve seen.

The `04 CTS does have a manual shift mode on the automatic, not sure about the `03. But also, the CTS is available with a manual transmission. Is that maybe what you saw?

Also, is this the car?

http://vogue-tyre.com/cgi-local/accessories/search.cgi?setup_file=show_pod.setup&db_id=67&submit_search=on

http://vogue-tyre.com/upimages/accessories/500/272-vtxi-types_500.jpg

imported_memnuts
09-06-2003, 10:01 AM
Also 400 hp of American thrush!!! :cool:

hxcnick727
08-12-2007, 03:00 PM
`A Cadillac VTXi is an upgraded version of the CTS, my mom bought a CTS and with all the upgrades she put onto it the dealership said it would be labeled as a VTXi, there\`s not many VTXi\`s around and i dont think you can buy them from the dealership as is. You have to buy a CTS and with additional upgrades it becomes a VTXi, they are extremely fast and high luxury, of course its a cadillac, but there fun and you wont see many around, there\`s not much difference then it from the VTXi except it looks a little sleeker with the ground effects and its a lil faster...thats about it.`

FlipperfromGalt
04-16-2008, 02:38 PM
I have a 2004 VTXi. I purchased it from my son-in-law from MN. My understanding is the VTXi has a 300 HP engine vs/a normal 265 HP CTS. Also, manual shifting, ground effects, and larger wheels. It also has more walnut trim on the interior. It is a beautiful car, handles like a sports car, and is very fast. I had it up to 140 mph in Montana, but backed off. So I truly don`t know how fast it will go. Who knows how many were made, I don`t, but there were very few, and it is a limited edition. I am thinking about selling it so, contact me. It has 51,000 miles on it.

BobD
04-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Vogue Tyre & Rubber Co.: Press Room (http://www.voguetyre.com/Media/PressRoomFull.cfm?Page=1&ProductID=0000000016)

Seems like you don`t get much for almost $9K!

FlipperfromGalt
04-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I have a 2004 VTXi. I purchased it from my son-in-law from MN. My understanding is the VTXi has a 300 HP engine vs/a normal 265 HP CTS. Also, manual shifting, ground effects, and larger wheels. It also has more walnut trim on the interior. It is a beautiful car, handles like a sports car, and is very fast. I had it up to 140 mph in Montana, but backed off. So I truly don`t know how fast it will go. Who knows how many were made, I don`t, but there were very few, and it is a limited edition. I am thinking about selling it so, contact me. It has 51,000 miles on it.