Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to top Speed with?

RaskyR1- I bet the wildcard here is "correction". I`m all about preserving clearcoat thickness these days and that might give me a very different perspective from the average Autopian (let alone you Pros). Other than the *very* rare spot-correction, my days of doing that stuff are, hopefully, pretty much behind me. Anyhow..

Ya know how I`m always raving about the durability of my LSPs...FK1000P lasting over a year in many cases, etc.? The LSPs that last so long for me are always applied over those seemingly fragile bases! I can`t recall ever using FK1000P on truly bare paint. And/but (here`s a weird one!) the LSPs that *DO NOT* last long for me are, just coincidentally works out this way, applied over polished/wiped bare paint. Waxes other than Collinite, BF, UPP, I generally apply those over bare paint and they never last long. I simply *never* have any evidence of the "fragile underlying product" causing a decrease in durability. Never. Not even when I use stuff like Meguiar`s Pure Polishes under my waxes. It works out as if the bare paint were generally *worse* in this regard, not that I really believe that of course Unexpected to say the least, but I`m sure not complaining

Not to take this farther off-topic than I already have but that`d be an interesting topic to discuss some time- the effects/lack thereof of underlying products.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Speed will produce a glossier end result than Polish on most finishes. It also leaves some decent protection behind. If you`d like to improve this protection (or apply a tighter layer) then topping with a compatible wax/sealant (Poxy) will certainly net you greater results. If you`d like even more icing on your cake then go 1 step further and apply HD Express. Hope this clarifies things a bit more for some.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Speed will produce a glossier end result than Polish on most finishes. It also leaves some decent protection behind. If you`d like to improve this protection (or apply a tighter layer) then topping with a compatible wax/sealant (Poxy) will certainly net you greater results. If you`d like even more icing on your cake then go 1 step further and apply HD Express. Hope this clarifies things a bit more for some.
    Will SPEED produce a "glossier end result" than HD Polish followed by one of the 3D LSP`s ?

What is the 3D definition of "decent protection" ?

What is a "tighter layer"

What type of improvement in appearance is gained when HD Express is applied on top of Speed and Poxy ?

What is the rationale behind using Speed in the scenario described above? It seems that suggesting layering 3 Different LSPs must have some research behind it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Will SPEED produce a "glossier end result" than HD Polish followed by one of the 3D LSP`s ?

What type of improvement in appearance is gained when HD Express is applied on top of Speed and Poxy ?

What is the rationale behind using Speed in the scenario described above? It seems that suggesting layering 3 Different LSPs must have some research behind it
    Great questions, but my phone is dying and I`m about retire for the night. Hold that thought and I`ll have a more formal reply tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I will let David answer your questions. I just wanted to say, that as the manufacture, we designed HD Speed to be the best one step product we can produce. It is designed to polish and protect. It score fairly well on polishing, finishing and protection. However, not as good as a 100% polish or 100% wax/sealant would. For the casual user and 95% of the population, it does an amazing job and nothing else is needed as a topper.

For the higher end detailer who wants the quickness of HD Speed, but a bit more protection, it can be topped.

I will let David take it from here.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products
    Likes Oldfordisbetter, KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I too wonder whether the higher gloss of Speed comes from it`s LSP-stuff ingredients.

I had a *really* nice gloss on the `93 Audi from finishing with HD Polish via Cyclo. *REALLY* nice even *not* considering all the clearcoat failure/damage/etc. But when I then went over it again with 1Z WaxPolishSoft it was a simply amazing difference. Well, amazing to me at least Brought the gloss up so much I was just standing there staring at it. I`d wager that`s due *far* more to the LSP-stuff in the 1Z WPS than from the utterly minimal abrasives in it.

(I`m so impressed with how it looks that I`m actually betting that my "durable LSP" topper will diminish the look.)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for not responding sooner to your question. Things at work have been out of control and it`s prevented me from checking in on the forum during the day and at night (after working 12 hours), the last thing I`ve been able to do is get behind a computer.

In my opinion I say 99% of the time it does finish better. Mostly in term of gloss. Even more so if you top it with POXY and/or Express.

There isn`t any way of defining "decent protection" as there`s just way too many variables. It`s totally user defined. But, I`ll say this......it offers as good or better protection that any other AIO/Glaze on the market.

This means a more even/thicker layer. When you use Speed, even though it has a percentage of POXY in it, you`re technically not depositing as much protective polymers as you would if you applied POXY ala carte. Following up with a 2nd coat (if you will) will insure that there aren`t any voids in protection on the surface making it more durable.

Express has a very nice look to itself on its own. It gives a darkening glow that is different from Speed and/or POXY. I also think it alters the beading effect slightly too.

I`ve been doing this "TRIFECTA" for a while and I gotta say that it`s an amazing combo. Each product is great on its own. Using all 3 together pushes the limits of gloss to a whole nother level.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes Migue, jsou liked this post
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

With joining auto-connect I was able to stock up on HD products and from what I have been reading maybe I did something right for a change

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information