Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed fillers or no?

I just used HD speed for the first time this weekend and was very very impressed by the results. I was left wondering though, does speed have any fillers that may have aided the end result?

I used a rupes 21 with orange buff n shine pads and did 3 medium speed passes on speed setting 5 and was blown away by exactly how much correction I got. Which led me to wonder if it was in fact filling or actually correcting that much.

So does speed have fillers or what? If not, I just found my new favorite AIO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed fillers or no?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    I just used HD speed for the first time this weekend and was very very impressed by the results. I was left wondering though, does speed have any fillers that may have aided the end result?

I used a rupes 21 with orange buff n shine pads and did 3 medium speed passes on speed setting 5 and was blown away by exactly how much correction I got. Which led me to wonder if it was in fact filling or actually correcting that much.

So does speed have fillers or what? If not, I just found my new favorite AIO
    If you knew where the original marring were, you could do an IPA wipe down on that section.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know there are no "fillers" in HD Speed. It does contain POXY which is part Montan wax, but I doubt that would do any filling. I used HD Speed on a friends car and he never added any additional LSP as he had planned. After about 10 weeks the beading had deminished, but the swirls didn`t return.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

It does not contain anything that intentionally fills, but being that it contains wax will "fill" in essence because wax will do that. It does have excellent correction abilities though, so your results are more than likely 90% true.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Likes RaskyR1, zmcgovern45 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Speed do not fill in the sense of masking or hiding defects. What it does is add extra gloss due to the wax content in it. Speed is a combination of HD Polish & HD Poxy.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes ShaneB, wendell jarvis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know! I didnt take any pictures but made a short video of a before and after. The car had really really really bad swirls and i was blown away by the correction with just 3 quick passes

Post Thanks / Like

Good info.

Another question can speed be used with a cutting pad to increase it`s correction? Well depending on if the results with a polishing pad are not sufficient and not wanting to go to a polish or compound due to time constraints.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Prix I did, I reached straight for a cutting pad knowing that speed and the cutting pad still wouldn`t be enough to get all the swirls out. Still finished really good and got maybe 75-80% correction

Post Thanks / Like

Any polish has the potential to fill, whether intended or not.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Speed do not fill in the sense of masking or hiding defects. What it does is add extra gloss due to the wax content in it. Speed is a combination of HD Polish & HD Poxy.

How is it when you were asked if Poxy has a good filling ability you said yes, but somehow Speed doesn`t?

Likes Stokdgs, ShaneB, zmcgovern45, SonOfOC liked this post
    Thanks BayAreaTech thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I believe what David was referring to here is that HD Poxy will hide some of those things a bit. However, HD Speed will correct those issues instead of hide them. An IPA wide down will reveal they are no longer there.

There is no chemical added to HD Speed or Poxy with the intent to hide. The chemicals used to provide protection may have slight filling effect as a biproduct but that is not why we use them.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products
    Likes ShaneB, PRND[S] liked this post
    Thanks ShaneB thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

95% of customers will be thrilled with HD Speed or Speed topped with Poxy, or what I like to do is buff speed off with a spray wax or spray sealant.

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used it now on 2 cars in the past week and it is now my new favorite 1 step. Happy to hear that the defects should be removed instead of just covered

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the process of writing to say how happy I am with the HD Speed. I finally got to try it out yesterday, and the results are amazing. I couldn`t believe how I was able to remove the fine scratches and spots on my truck`s paint, and a bad spot on the fiberglass topper and the paint looks better than I ever imagined it could look, plus no dust. Thanks for a great product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@3D View Post
    I believe what David was referring to here is that HD Poxy will hide some of those things a bit. However, HD Speed will correct those issues instead of hide them. An IPA wide down will reveal they are no longer there.

There is no chemical added to HD Speed or Poxy with the intent to hide. The chemicals used to provide protection may have slight filling effect as a biproduct but that is not why we use them.
    Not trying to be an A$$, Ben, but I will call this out every-time!

All polishes have the ability to fill, it`s simply a byproduct of the carrier oils/emulsion in them. Add to that some kind of wax or polymer and the filling ability goes up even more!

I`m not saying Speed, or any product for that mater is INTENDED to fill
    , but users always need to be sure they are doing test spots and checking their work! When a product is used within it`s intended purpose and assuming the paint is compatible with the pad/polish/tool choice, then there should be no filling with a product. However, when users try to achieve more from a product then what it was designed for (aggressive 1-step), then the risk of potential filling increases. An AIO product like Speed will have the ability to hide fine DA haze or fine rotary swirls and users need to be aware of this. Please stop trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

I`m not here to bash products, I have, use, and love HD Adapt, Polish, Speed, and even the new 501/502. I just hate when manufactures playing dumb with the whole filling topic.
    Likes zmcgovern45, Oldfordisbetter liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information