Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed... any abrasives?

Considering HD Speed for using as a one stepper follow-up for returning customers after the harsh winter.
    Is this a sealant with mild chemical cleaners or does it have abrasives compared to HD Polish?

I also want to try Poxy on my vehicles.
    Anyone topped Speed with Poxy?

Holding off on any polishes until I deplete some stock. But this will be a first time with HD products.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed... any abrasives?

Speed has plenty of abrasives. It has really great cut depending on pad/severity of defects.

Don`t top Speed. Nothing will last on top of it. If you are looking to go that route just use Polish then follow with Poxy.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Likes ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Speed has SMAT abrasives similar to Polish. Most likely less in concentration, thus AIO.

A pink LC pad pairs well with Speed on harder paint... soft systems will sometimes do ok with b&s green. Test spot though.

You can use Express over top of Speed.

I respect Mark greatly but differ with him on topping Speed.

Best,
    -Gabe

Post Thanks / Like

Express was formulated to compliment HD speed and Poxy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IHA Mark View Post
    Don`t top Speed. Nothing will last on top of it. If you are looking to go that route just use Polish then follow with Poxy.
    Mark--don`t understand this as I was under the impression that Speed contained POXY so why wouldn`t you be able to top it with POXY or any other LSP?
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Mark--don`t understand this as I was under the impression that Speed contained POXY so why wouldn`t you be able to top it with POXY or any other LSP?
    Something in the chemical makeup of Speed does not play well with others. It has been a couple of years ago since Speed came out but several people, including myself did tests topping Speed with other LSP, especially POXY. Never had it last more than a month or so. Speed is a great product, but just does not play well with others.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Considering HD Speed for using as a one stepper follow-up for returning customers after the harsh winter.
    Is this a sealant with mild chemical cleaners or does it have abrasives compared to HD Polish?

I also want to try Poxy on my vehicles.
    Anyone topped Speed with Poxy?

Holding off on any polishes until I deplete some stock. But this will be a first time with HD products.
    Speed actually does and can be classified as several things...

AIO / Final Polish / Cleaner Wax / Glaze / Sealant / Gloss Enhancer

And yes, it certainly can cut/level defects without filling. In fact at this year`s Detail Fest I demonstrated it by removing 3000 grit sand scratches from a black hood in about 10 seconds. At SEMA I was using 1500 grit sandpaper. It just took longer.

HD Speed is a combination of 75% HD Polish & 25% HD POXY. The abrasives are identical in both products, there`s just less of them in HD Speed. Durability can vary greatly with Speed based on environment & washing variables. We actually use Speed on almost every dealer car that we work on and find that it lasts longer when you leave it to sit on the surface after polishing. It allows the polymers to link up creating a stronger bond. You basically buff the entire car and don`t wipe any of the residue off until the end. Give it a try...
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes Ecrissman, JRoDDz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks David, I added a Poxy to my order today. Will definitely be going with Speed as well on my next order.
    It also looks like I can top Speed with Poxy on a follow-up.
    Likes David Fermani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    We actually use Speed on almost every dealer car that we work on and find that it lasts longer when you leave it to sit on the surface after polishing. It allows the polymers to link up creating a stronger bond. You basically buff the entire car and don`t wipe any of the residue off until the end. Give it a try...
    This is interesting. I`ll be using Speed again this weekend on another vehicle owned by the guy that I just did the Jag detail for. I`ll give this method a shot and see how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your order! If you ever order from the 3D website, you`re welcome to use code dav15 for 15% off your chemicals.

Feel free to top Speed with POXY and/or HD Express. Both are easy to use and work great. Even outside in the sun. I actually use Express after ever time washing as it only takes a few minutes to smear some aver the finish and wipe it off.
    Likes ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    This is interesting. I`ll be using Speed again this weekend on another vehicle owned by the guy that I just did the Jag detail for. I`ll give this method a shot and see how it turns out.
    Just think about it. We typically let sealants link up for 30 minutes before we wipe them. Speed technically is no different. I`m sure durability of both would be compromised if you just applied and removed them back to back.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point. Have you guys noticed by chance any difference in gloss/durability depending on what pad you use? i.e. less gloss/durability when you use say an orange pad vs. a white pad

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info and tips david. Just started using 3d/hd and have been very impressed so far. Didnt pick up speed yet but it will be on my next order.

Post Thanks / Like

And thank you too! And congrats on your 1st post on Autopia!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I just wanted to say this stuff is fantastic. I was led to HD Speed in another thread where I was looking for a better AIO type product and I just got done using it on my wife`s bright red Forte` Koup and it looks amazing. I used my PC with a LC white pad and made a huge difference. I wasn`t going to 100% correction but man does it look good. May give some Express and Poxy a try too! The time I have to work on her car (especially with her help) is pretty limited as she is not a fan of detailing at all. But even she was pleased at the results for the minimal amount of time. Especially the ease of removal!

Thanks!
    Likes Ben@3D liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information