Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Pink Car Soap/HD Wash/DG 902 Review and Comparison (Holiday Giveaway)

Accumulator--thanks for the input on the rust--didn`t know that. One thing I have to say is that VW really stands behind their cars. My driver`s side fender just at the edge of the wheel well developed a small blister in the paint last year (car is from 2007) and they replaced the entire front fender at 0 $$$. Year before my catalytic converter went and they replaced that at no charge even though it was a month or two out of warranty.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Accumulator--thanks for the input on the rust--didn`t know that. One thing I have to say is that VW really stands behind their cars. My driver`s side fender just at the edge of the wheel well developed a small blister in the paint last year (car is from 2007) and they replaced the entire front fender at 0 $$$. Year before my catalytic converter went and they replaced that at no charge even though it was a month or two out of warranty.
    Wow, that`s just soooo different from the blow-off I got from Mazda!

But yeah...the VW/Audi group does just seem to care more. My Audi dealer has helped with some out-of-warranty repairs that coulda been really pricey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    JustJesus- That`s great that you can go to one of their stores, saving the shipping cost would make a (big ol`) 5-gallon bucket of the Pink Soap a real bargain. Heh heh, yeah...I know, but thinking long-term it`s not all *that* big...

You know, I`m still relatively new to detailing, and have NOT ever considered getting a 5 gallon jug of anything! It`s never crossed my mind once. But since you pointed out the savings, I went to see what it would be....and I was like :-O wow!! That`s crazy savings. And the best part, if I did buy the 5 gal bucket, is that when I`m done using the soap, like in five years, I have a free bucket! hehe.

But seriously, how many washes would 5 gal yield? And I also wonder what the "shelf life" would be.....

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- I have no idea how long it`d last (just too many variables related to how you use it), but I bet it`d be a long, long time! Yeah, buying shampoo in the little bottles that are so common is just wasting money. I wish the Griot`s came in 5 gallon buckets.

As for shelf life, I`ve *never* had shampoos go bad, and I still sometimes use ones that I`ve had for many years (not just eight or ten ).

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator is correct.

Soaps normally have a looooooong shelf life.

Over time, the product may get thicker as water evaporates and lighter in color from sunlight. The product will still work well once diluted.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like

And now it`s the product of the month sale! ! GREAT pricing for the 5 gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, thanks for sharing.
    I also love 3D Pink soap and their Wash & Wax soap as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    And now it`s the product of the month sale! ! GREAT pricing for the 5 gallon.
    Ah, when that stuff`s on sale IMO people oughta just buy the 5 gallons and have shampoo for a while. Sure glad I did...

Post Thanks / Like

So I did it. I managed to get a a sample of the Pink Soap, and liked it. A week later, I bought the 5 gallon bucket!

I used it over the weekend on a "client" car that had some bug splatter on his hood. I presoaked it, sprayed some Bug Remover across the hood, and followed up with a 2 Bucket Wash. I was pleasantly surprised that it got rid off all but one! No high pressure system either, just standard hose. Cool deal.

And with 5 gallons of this stuff, I`ll be handing out samples to friends and co-workers.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- heh heh, after my sorta hard sell I`m sure glad you like it!

When you compare the cost-per-ounce, well, smart move on your part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information