Post Thanks / Like

REVIEW - HD Nitro-Seal (Holiday Giveaway)

Who`da thunk a Hyundai could be considered a luxury car. But This AWD, Pamploma Red Genesis sure gave me the impression of being one. But a bit of the back story before I move on to HD Nitro.

This particular car was purchased from a Colorado dealership site unseen, picked up at nite and driven down to Santa Fe by the owners son.

Not only did it arrive with buffer trails, swirls and scratches in the most unusual places, but there was even compound splatter on the INSIDE of the rear windsheild!

Unfortunately, as is typical, since the dealer was only willing to pay a miserly amount for correction, and the owner wasn`t willing to cough up the difference for a full correction, I did a one step using HD Adapt (mostly `cause I just can`t find a place for it in my arsenal and needed to use it up - Sorry HD) and my CHUPES - which I`m really not pleased with after all - and a Buff & Shine Blue Polishing Pad.

So on to the Review -

From the HD site:

Take your car`s paint to another level!
    Unprecedented slickness & shine
    Revolutionary, Patent Pending, two part polymer paint sealant system
    Super easy to apply!

HD® Nitro Seal is a revolutionary two part copolymer paint sealant system that is designed to be used by everyone who owns a vehicle. It is easily applied by hand; so anyone can do it.

No need for endless manuals, polishers, or equipment. HD® Nitro SealTM will make your car look newer than when you bought it.

This two part process is the first of its kind. HD® Nitro Seal activates its brilliance when you blend Part A and Part B(patent pending). on the surface of the automobile. Each bottle is topped off with nitrogen gas to ensure longevity of the shelf life and deliver spectacular results.

Part A is an aminofunctional fluid group and Part B is a hybrid Montan wax composite. Part A provides excellent surface affinity and spreadability through its incredible wetting feature (that’s why a little goes a long way), thus anchoring the product to the car paint.

Packaging:

Honestly, it could have come in a dirty sock for all I care. Nothing more exciting than receiving a detail order. However, the packaging is first class and makes you feel like you`re about to open an expensive bottle of wine. The Aluminum (?) bottles also make you feel like this is a special product. The applicator pads I thought were super and while I preferred to use this MF Towel, the one supplied is probably more than satisfactory for the DIY`r. Instructions couldn`t have been easier to follow.

Application & Removal -

I IPA`d after the Adapt polishing step.

Not exactly sure what part A is but when the instructions say to apply it THIN, one drop goes a very long way. Part A goes on unlike any sealant I`ve used before. It is not oily looking; it just slides on effortlessly and that one drop seems to last longer than it should. Once you`ve gone around the entire car with Part A you do the same with Part B - no wait time; which I`m guessing is Poxy on steroids.

What I experienced, and I hope it`s meant to react this way and was not user error, was that Part B blended with Part A in such a way as to appear as if there was nothing on the paint. What I mean is that the "solutions" seemed to melt into the paint and disappear! Almost as if there was nothing to buff off.

Because the customer was in a hurry to pick the car up I could only allow an hour`s cure time. But when it came time to buff, it was more like polishing an apple that removing prduct haze. Maybe there might have been what could be described as one or two high spots, but buffing the product off was effortless.

The Rest of the Story -

I did my best to persuade the owner to return in a month or so to evaluate longevity so at this point I can`t comment on that.

But Nitro-Seal gave this paint a truly wet and deep gloss.

Cons -

It`s somewhat difficult to measure out one drop at a time from the cannisters making it difficult to apply the thinnest coat you can.
    Apparently because it was necessary to seal the product with nitrogen to keep it fresh, shelf life is minmal. Best have two cars back to back to use all the product in a day or so.

Final Thoughts -

If it lasts half as long as HD claims it can ( one year under best case scenarios) - for approx. $30 a car - it sure does give some low end Coatings a run for their money.

And oh yes, thanks to David and HD for the Giveaway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW - HD Nitro-Seal (Holiday Giveaway)

Thanks for the review. Looks real good.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

ah yes, much better !

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. That`s a beautiful color.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, love the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review! Thanks for trying Nitro Seal out!

Quote Originally Posted by LeMarque View Post
    It`s somewhat difficult to measure out one drop at a time from the cannisters making it difficult to apply the thinnest coat you can.
    Apparently because it was necessary to seal the product with nitrogen to keep it fresh, shelf life is minmal. Best have two cars back to back to use all the product in a day or so.
    No worries about applying too much Part A moving forward. It shouldn`t interfere with the performance and/or removal of the final coverage. After doing it a few times it`s easily figured out.

Also, you should be able to store your unused portion for several months without any issue. Just make sure to tighten the caps well, place both bottles in a Ziplock baggie and store them in a cool place out of direct sunlight. I have bottles that work great even after being opened over 2 years ago.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up David. I look forward to using it on a black car.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

duuuude. love the after shots. Nice work, LeMarque

Hope he comes back, as I`d be VERY curious as to the longevity of this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    duuuude. love the after shots. Nice work, LeMarque

Hope he comes back, as I`d be VERY curious as to the longevity of this
    Thanks -

Been meaning to call him but my guess is Drs` these days aren`t making enough dough to afford my car wash prices so it`s probably been thru the swirl-o-matic.

But I`ll try to get him to at least drive by.
    ~Albert Einstein

Thread Information