Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Introducing: 3D AAT Rubbing Compound

I`d like to introduce to you 3D`s newest product: AAT Rubbing Compound. Not only does it produce some of the most rapid, deepest leveling power on the market, but it also leaves very little surface scouring compared to other compounds. These 2 characteristics can dramatically reduce overall buffing times in most mainstream applications. This product is ideal for body shops & paint correction detailers and can also be used with any and all buffing machines and cutting pads. 100% Body Shop safe (contains no silicone or wax) and can be used on fresh or cured paint. This could very well be the hardest hitting, best finishing and most user friendly compound on the market!

For years you`ve witnessed the evolution of HD Car Care with products such as Speed, Polish, Adapt & Cut, but not much action had been directed at the 3D side of the business. We`ve had many customers ask why there are so many products offered in the 3D line, yet required to resort to HD for their polishing & compound needs. This lack of symmetry has actually been quite confusing to many. That is until now.....

Within the next few weeks 3D will be offering 2 exciting new products for purchase. AAT Rubbing Compound & AAT Finishing polish. Each are uniquely formulated with the latest abrasives and incorporated with patented Adaptive Abrasive Technology. Both, when teamed together, will deliver exceptionally quick, easy & powerful results. These 2 products were 1st unvailed at this year`s SEMA buffing competition where it showed to be the leader in regards to overall cutting power, cutting speed, finish and lack of filling. And now that same game winning product will be hitting the market for the masses.

I`ve been testing this AAT Rubbing Compound for several months and I`d like to share some of my results with you. Keep in mind that all these panels were corrected only with HD`s Turkish Lambswool Pad via Rotary. No finishing work done.

Defects in this rock hard 7 Series BMW didn`t stand a chance:

Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing: 3D AAT Rubbing Compound

Here`s an example of what we did on an E-Class Mercedes with CeramiClear paint:

Likes kylemstn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing results! Look forward to trying this and comparing to HD Cut and Polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, can`t wait to get my hands on some and try it out!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like another winner from 3D

Post Thanks / Like

I`m anxious to try these. When will they be at distributors and/or HD locations?

Post Thanks / Like

What are the differences between these 2 and HD Cut and HD polish? And how would each (3D and HD) rate on a scale of correcting ability? Are there any youtube videos?
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylemstn View Post
    Amazing results! Look forward to trying this and comparing to HD Cut and Polish.
    Thanks! Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by colinpd137 View Post
    Very nice, can`t wait to get my hands on some and try it out!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Looks like another winner from 3D
    That`s what we`re shooting for!

Quote Originally Posted by ccc4me View Post
    I`m anxious to try these. When will they be at distributors and/or HD locations?
    It will officially be available for sale on Wed Feb 18th on the 3D Professional Detailing Products | Auto Detail | Supplies | Car Care website. Not sure when they will make their way to the various distributors, but hopefully soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    What are the differences between these 2 and HD Cut and HD polish? And how would each (3D and HD) rate on a scale of correcting ability? Are there any youtube videos?
    Both of the new 3D AAT products include Adaptive Abrasives Technology which extends what is possible in both cutting and finishing characteristics because of not just the unique abrasives used, but also a special chemical booster that allows the abrasive package to cut harder and quicker while also finishing better. Basically, if you like HD Cut & Polish, you`ll like the 3D AAT products even more. Also, keep in mind that only quarts & gallons will be offered.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely on the list to get.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve still got plenty of compounds/polishes, so I guess by the time I need some, these new ones will have gone through the usual suspects and reviews will be posted.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

Are this compound and polish combination designed specifically for use with HD`s wool pads and rotary machines or can they be used with foam pads and dual-action orbital buffers??

I hate to steal or hihjack the purpose of this thread, but it would seem that better and faster correction results are achieved with the correct and skillful application of a superior-and- specific formulated compound and polish for a wool pad and rotary, which the body shops and auto dealership detailing departments seem to prefer and use, where time is money (IE, best results with cost-effective materials in the shortest time possible).
    GB detailer
    Likes Dellinger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Are this compound and polish combination designed specifically for use with HD`s wool pads and rotary machines or can they be used with foam pads and dual-action orbital buffers??
    The products are not pad dependent. We recommend lambswool with the compound and a foam pad for the polish, but you will get good results weather using wool, microfiber, or foam.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@3D View Post
    The products are not pad dependent.
    Ben, would you consider HD polishes more pad dependent/versatile products?

Post Thanks / Like

We design all of our products with the mindset that customers will use what they have pad and polisher wise. We find that our polishing and compounds are universally acceptable with most pads.

You can get a lot of versatility from all of our products depending on how aggressive the pad you use. For example, you get do some amazing cut from HD Adapt with a heavy cutting pad. You can then transfer over to a finishing pad and use Adapt for a great finish.

Having said that, there are specific ones we recommend as they are ones we have had great success with. Our HD Pad line are foams that works great with our 3D and HD products.

Use what you got. It should work fine. If you want to be certain, go with an HD Pad.

Happy Polishing!
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I`d like to introduce to you 3D`s newest product: AAT Rubbing Compound. Not only does it produce some of the most rapid, deepest leveling power on the market, but it also leaves very little surface scouring compared to other compounds. These 2 characteristics can dramatically reduce overall buffing times in most mainstream applications. This product is ideal for body shops & paint correction detailers and can also be used with any and all buffing machines and cutting pads. 100% Body Shop safe (contains no silicone or wax) and can be used on fresh or cured paint. This could very well be the hardest hitting, best finishing and most user friendly compound on the market!

For years you`ve witnessed the evolution of HD Car Care with products such as Speed, Polish, Adapt & Cut, but not much action had been directed at the 3D side of the business. We`ve had many customers ask why there are so many products offered in the 3D line, yet required to resort to HD for their polishing & compound needs. This lack of symmetry has actually been quite confusing to many. That is until now.....

Within the next few weeks 3D will be offering 2 exciting new products for purchase. AAT Rubbing Compound & AAT Finishing polish. Each are uniquely formulated with the latest abrasives and incorporated with patented Adaptive Abrasive Technology. Both, when teamed together, will deliver exceptionally quick, easy & powerful results. These 2 products were 1st unvailed at this year`s SEMA buffing competition where it showed to be the leader in regards to overall cutting power, cutting speed, finish and lack of filling. And now that same game winning product will be hitting the market for the masses.

I`ve been testing this AAT Rubbing Compound for several months and I`d like to share some of my results with you. Keep in mind that all these panels were corrected only with HD`s Turkish Lambswool Pad via Rotary. No finishing work done.

Defects in this rock hard 7 Series BMW didn`t stand a chance:

Where`s the holograms?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information