Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    please educate me ?

one is grape scented the other is strawberry ? but what else? lol I neeed a 5 gallon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using with a Foam Gun/Cannon or just traditional? Are you just washing/doing maintenance or are you going to follow up with a wax after?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using with a Foam Gun/Cannon or just traditional? Are you just washing/doing maintenance or are you going to follow up with a wax after?

Wash N Wax has wax in it of course and Pink Car Soap does not. Pink Car Soap produces alot more suds as well, but Wash N Wax leaves more of a shine

Post Thanks / Like
    will be used by hand so I guess I will go with wash and wax.

I have a foam gun already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ls2drew

Pink Car Soap produces alot more suds as well, but Wash N Wax leaves more of a shine

Going by this response I`m going to assume Pink Car Soap does not contain gloss enhancers?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not aware it has any, but hopefully David or Ben will clarify

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a question for Ben. I`ve only used W&W. Sending Ben a PM about this.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    haven`t used wash & wax, but the pink car soap is gentle and a good maintenance soap. it also works well in the foam gun as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys,

Both soaps come from the same base product, but the wash and wax has an added wax which helps protect the car between washes.

Both work good with a foam cannon. The Pink Car Soap is a bit more foamy.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference between pink soap and Wash `n wax?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@3D View Post
    Hey Guys,

Both soaps come from the same base product, but the wash and wax has an added wax which helps protect the car between washes.

Both work good with a foam cannon. The Pink Car Soap is a bit more foamy.
    I hate to be the guy who revives a 5-year old thread, but....I was wondering about whether I should order 3D Pink or the Wash N Wax after reading this.

I called 3D earlier today to ask if they thought the wax in this shampoo would cause issues with subsequent layers of wax or sealant bonding/adhering to the car. I`d like to use this as a regular shampoo if i can reapply Collinite 845 over the "protection" it leaves and not have durability issues. She said straight away that there is actually no wax in the Wash N Wax, just gloss enhancers.

Very interesting, as the description on the website seems to contradict itself and what the 3D rep told me. At first it says "Wash N Wax™ is a rich, highly concentrated, thick car wash shampoo fortified with gloss enhancing polymers to give your car a beautiful looking shine.", but then "PH-neutral formula is excellent for maintaining the protection on your freshly waxed or sealed vehicle while adding an additional layer of wax protection on bare surfaces too.".

Does Wash N Wax also contain wax, or just gloss enhancers?????

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what is going on with 3D lately, with their contradictory info.

Pink is a good soap, though.

If you`re using Coli 845, that should be your base wax, and the Wash and Wax OVER it. Not the other way around. Whether or not the soap has wax in it, chances are the 845 is more durable.

Here`s a thought: Use the 845 as your LSP. Then, when washing, use something like Pink, and a spray wax as a drying agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Not sure what is going on with 3D lately, with their contradictory info.

Pink is a good soap, though.

If you`re using Coli 845, that should be your base wax, and the Wash and Wax OVER it. Not the other way around. Whether or not the soap has wax in it, chances are the 845 is more durable.

Here`s a thought: Use the 845 as your LSP. Then, when washing, use something like Pink, and a spray wax as a drying agent.
    I wasn`t really intending for Wash N Wax to be used as a first "layer", just as a maintenance soap and to get some wax protecting in the crevices a buffer can`t go like between trim seams and wheel wells. My only real concern is if using shampoos that contain wax additives will cause adhesion issues with buffed on waxes like 845. I`m a noob and have no idea what I`m doing yet

Post Thanks / Like

I see what you`re saying now.

From what I know, 845 is pretty stout. I wouldn`t think any harm will come from those soaps. So as long as they`re CAR wash soaps.

On one car that I maintain, it`s got FK1000p on it, and about once a month, I`ll rinseless wash it with ONRWW (Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax). The other times, I just use regular ONR. That`s just me, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Throwing around the word "wax" when they mean polymer or simply gloss enhancing ingredients like silicone is common. For example, look at your bottle of FK425... and I quote.. "Cleans and waxes...". Does 425 has carnauba, candelilla, montan, or beeswax in it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Throwing around the word "wax" when they mean polymer or simply gloss enhancing ingredients like silicone is common. For example, look at your bottle of FK425... and I quote.. "Cleans and waxes...". Does 425 has carnauba, candelilla, montan, or beeswax in it?
    That would be incredibly misleading on 3D`s part seeing as how the face of the bottle says "Car Soap with Liquid Wax" in bold print. I don`t see any wax compounds in the MSDS either, the only difference between it and Pink Soap is the addition of Glycerol. I guess you can`t even go with what`s on the label these days, lol.

So I am to assume that using 3D Wash N Wax to clean the car before applying a new coat of Collinite 845 will not cause any issues?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information