Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference between pink soap and Wash `n wax?

Quote Originally Posted by kestrel452 View Post
    So I am to assume that using 3D Wash N Wax to clean the car before applying a new coat of Collinite 845 will not cause any issues?
    I wouldn`t try it. I`d want to have the cleanest surface possible. That`s just me. Are you planning on any kind of decontamination? Chemical, clay, or both?

If you want, PM me your address and I`ll send you enough Pink Soap to wash it. That way you can buy the Wash and Wax, and not have to buy the Pink.

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that I just don`t use washes that (claim/appear/etc. to) contain "wax", I`d be awfully surprised if whatever those washes leave behind actually interfered with the bonding of 845. Or most any other conventional LSP. Many (most?) LSPs bond fine over glazes/etc., so I`d simply expect them to be OK over Wash & Wax products.

People LSP over Rinseless Washes that leave stuff behind, and that works OK, at least it does for me, but I don`t use Rinseless products that are in the "Wash & Wax" category either; stuff like IUDJ leaves plenty behind all by itself and regular ONR leaves stuff behind too.

Now somebody go experiment and prove me wrong (or not ) so we know. Just pick a small (easy-to-fix) area and see if it works OK.

EDIT: Thinking about it, way back in the day I used washes that claimed to contain wax, sometimes you`d have to really shake `em up to make those blobs go away, and I never had any LSP-bonding issues.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both pink and W&W. Typically I would use pink before applying any LSPs because of the "nothing left behind factor." However, I have on occasion applied LSPs after using w&w. I believe all of which have been carnauba so I`m not sure about 845 or any other sealant. Pink is just a better soap in my opinion. More suds, more lubricity, rinses better... I always use at least a QD after every wash anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Noting that I just don`t use washes that (claim/appear/etc. to) contain "wax", I`d be awfully surprised if whatever those washes leave behind actually interfered with the bonding of 845. Or most any other conventional LSP. Many (most?) LSPs bond fine over glazes/etc., so I`d simply expect them to be OK over Wash & Wax products.

People LSP over Rinseless Washes that leave stuff behind, and that works OK, at least it does for me, but I don`t use Rinseless products that are in the "Wash & Wax" category either; stuff like IUDJ leaves plenty behind all by itself and regular ONR leaves stuff behind too.

Now somebody go experiment and prove me wrong (or not ) so we know. Just pick a small (easy-to-fix) area and see if it works OK.

EDIT: Thinking about it, way back in the day I used washes that claimed to contain wax, sometimes you`d have to really shake `em up to make those blobs go away, and I never had any LSP-bonding issues.

Accumulator, you said you used Griot`s soap as a mixing agent with 3D Pink. I think I`m going to try your 3D Pink + Griot`s soap mix. I am guessing you use the standard "Super Concentrated Car Wash" of theirs. Do you have any idea how well their Wash and Wax soap compares? I`d like some relatively easy way of getting wax into the crevices and spaces I can`t, mostly for anti-corrosion purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kestrel452 View Post
    Accumulator, you said you used Griot`s soap as a mixing agent with 3D Pink. I think I`m going to try your 3D Pink + Griot`s soap mix. I am guessing you use the standard "Super Concentrated Car Wash" of theirs. Do you have any idea how well their Wash and Wax soap compares? I`d like some relatively easy way of getting wax into the crevices and spaces I can`t, mostly for anti-corrosion purposes.
    Sorry, can`t help with their Wash & Wax soap, never used it (and don`t plan to ). I haven`t reordered since they started calling their "regular" (?) one "Super Concentrated", but I`d *GUESS* it`s what I use. Somebody oughta ask GG whether it`s still the same concentration.

IMO the "getting wax into the crevices for anti-corrosion purposes" is wishful thinking that might impart a false sense of security. I cannot *imagine* it working in a functional way, though I am a huge fan of finding ways to clean those types of areas. (my `93 Audi has inaccessible/basically unfixable areas where that`s an ongoing issue and even spraying good Spray Waxes into those areas does nothing to help.) I just keep those areas clean as best I can and cross my fingers that the vehicle`s build quality is good enough for it to not rust out.
    Likes kestrel452 liked this post
    Thanks kestrel452 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information