Southwest Michigan - Detailing Opportunity

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua312

Joshua312

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

Please contact me if you would be interested in a possible detailing opportunity in Holland. I will be renting a bay which should fit 2-3 vehicles depending on which bay I receive. Drains are available, as are air compressor hoses around the shop...the facility is also heated.

I am just looking for another Autopian in the area that would want to tackle a few jobs so I can keep up with demand. You would keep the profits of the detail job which is scheduled . All I would ask is a few dollars towards rent/products.

PM me if interested.

#2 BobD

BobD

• Members
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

Good luck Josh! Sounds like a good deal!

#3 Joshua312

Joshua312

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

Thanks Bob! I plan on finalizing everything this week and will post more details/pics of the facility in the next couple of days.

I'm getting a heck of a deal for the space - They are going to be sending out a post card with the detail information to their client base of 1,300 customers (no cost for me) and will be scheduling all details for me for free.

All I have to do is pay a $200 a month fee to rent the space. With a overhead door, fitting 2/3 cars, drains, air compressor, bathroom, etc.. I think it is a great opportunity.

Even if I decide to only schedule 3 details a week I'm making a great profit IMO after rent/employee wage/product costs.

#4 BobD

BobD

• Members
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:16 AM

Can't beat that! A TINY local car dealership just closed for retirement and he wants $1300 per month for his tiny office with a tiny shop. Nuts! Especially in our area and economy.

#5 themightytimmah

themightytimmah

• Members
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:25 AM

Wow man, that's a great deal. Best of luck!
Once you buff black, you never go back

#6 Joshua312

Joshua312

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

Thanks guys - I went to the shop yesterday and spoke more with the owner. Depending on the space I want it will be $200 for the two car bay which is located right off the shop floor and shares space with a Jeep group which rents space as well. For $300 a month I would get a space which would fit one vehicle (could rent up to 4 spaces if I wanted) and I would still have access to the air compressor wheel, hoses, heat, over head door...but I am separated from the shop itself by a wall/door.

I kind of like this idea better as I would be by myself rather than dealing with the shop people bothering me and hanging over my shoulder to watch. Plus I would get my own key so I could come and go as I wanted.

Next week the post cards will be going out and the scheduling will begin if the response is positive. The shop owner also plans on adding the detailing ad to his billboard on the highway.

So! We shall see what this brings....Very nervous yet anxious to see the response. As this is not my "full time job" I am also going to school full-time and working 30 hours a week at my other job I am hoping to schedule details to fill my weekends and 2 during the week to start and see how that goes.

I will keep you guys updated...

#7 Alex Boyce

Alex Boyce

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:09 AM

Find anyone yet?

Would you supply products if so, which products.

how in-depth would the details go, ex) wetsanding, chip repair, or just simple swirl removal.

#8 BobD

BobD

• Members
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:11 AM

Did you also try Craigslist?

#9 Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon

• Members
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:45 AM

WOW Joshua, this sounds like a great opportunitty!!!

If I were just a bit closer to you I would join forces with you for sure!

Best of luck with this

#10 shine

shine

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:41 AM

Sounds like good deal!

#11 Joshua312

Joshua312

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for all the support guys..

I have talked with a girl who may be helping me out. She has been using a Porter Cable for 2 years, so thats a plus...

I will be doing swirl removal starting at $200 and one steps starting at $150.

Flyers go out this coming week

Bob: I have tried to steer away from Craigslist as I know I would receive emails from anyone and everyone. I have used this forum and a Michigan VW forum to find people who may be interested. This may be a long shot but are you going to attend the XceedSpeed get together in Grand Haven later this month?

Jason: Wish you were closer, it'd be great to have a fellow Autopian to work with!

As for products here is the basic breakdown:

Pads: LC CCS (Boo!) and LC Purple Wool
Polisher: Flex XC3401
Polish: M105, Optimum Compound, Optimum Polish, 106ff, PoliSeal
APC: Megs for now, will be switching to CG
Carpet Cleaner: APC and Folex
Rigid Wet/Dry Vac
Black Wow

Then I have a bunch of different brands for trim products, waxes, sealants, metal polishes, etc...

#12 awahl63

awahl63

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

Congrats Josh!
Andrew Wahl
ACW Elite Detailing
Chicagoland Detailer (Barrington)

#13 LangMan37

LangMan37

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

Josh, pm sent
DEREK

OnTheSpot Mobile Detailers
Serving all of West Michigan since 2003

http://www.facebook....mobiledetailers

#14 WaxManRonnie

WaxManRonnie

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

I'm right in Grandville here Joshua,
Let me know what kind of demand you have.
Fellow migpc member here. I would love to help you
out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users