Looking for a good de-odorizer chemical

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Whitethunder46

Whitethunder46

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

As the title says, I'm on the search. I would like it to be available in gallon sizes and relatively inexpensive since it will be used for bulk detailing. I'm looking at Duragloss's and Finish Kare's right now. I'll be ordering a smaller size of each to see which I like better before going for the gallons. Any other brands I should think about?

#2 BigJimZ28

BigJimZ28

• Members
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:33 PM

if you want scents:

Interior Deodorizer

#3 Pennypacker

Pennypacker

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:36 AM

I don't know about gallon-size straight deodorizers (i.e. with no scent). I only have a small bottle of Febreze, which works pretty good. Chemical Guys have "Extreme Offensive Odor Eliminator" and quite a few gallon-size air fresheners. I have no idea what they're like except for the "New Car Scent", which unfortunately smells like baby powder.

CG Air Fresheners
If you're irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?
-Rumi

#4 BigLeegr

BigLeegr

• Members
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:53 AM

I wasn't too thrilled with FK's. OK scent, but not very long lasting. (Didn't seem to "kill" the odor, just masked it a while.)
Do you give birth to original ideas or are they all adoptions?

#5 onceaweekwaxer

onceaweekwaxer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:26 AM

I wasn't too thrilled with FK's. OK scent, but not very long lasting. (Didn't seem to "kill" the odor, just masked it a while.)

check out the carbrite web site or your local detail shop , my daughter puked all over the envoy and even after cleaning it stunk ,the car brite line actually kills the cause of the oder .worked very well and now i always have some on hand , the only down side is the scent is very strong for a few hours

#6 gben

gben

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:30 AM

I've used CG's Extreme offensive odor eliminator with really good results. Have cats and once in awhile accidents happen, used EOOE and no more odor. Has an apple like smell to it after all is said and done.

#7 Nobuff2tuff

Nobuff2tuff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:21 PM

Dude, unless your car smells like $h!t, FK1 is one of the longer lasting odor killers out there.
I shot some in my car 2 weeks ago and it still smells of the odor remover.
If you cut the FK with water, maybe that was the problem and you needed full stregnth.

CG product smell great the first few hours and fade just as quickly....definitely not long lasting.
Keep on keeping on

#8 edschwab1

edschwab1

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:24 PM

Automotive international (Autoint) Odor Terminator works well and is may favorite. One thing I really like about Odor Terminator is that is may be run through the extractors rinse water. This spreads/applies deodorizer through out vehicle. Another thing I like is no artificial odor is left behind.
Have you AIO'd today?

#9 Grouse

Grouse

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:51 PM

Okay lets start with the basics.

Adding a scent is not a deoderizer.

There are several terms for this.

Odor masking. Generally this is a light chemical change to the odor material durring a cleaning process. Most of the time these have a more plesent odor to them. enzyme based cleaners, (bio-kleen bac-out, Prochem duo-fresh, bridge point clean green) this is generally 80% of all odor control products.

Introduced odor. This is a odor, no cleaning ability or chemical masking ability. You are simply trying to over power the malicious odor. Scents (leather, bubble gum etc) Mist foggers, thermal foggers.

Odor eliminators. These are the generally the more involved processies. This could be an Ozone machine by it's self or a ozone machine with a full cleaning regimn. they attack the odor by litteraly cleaveing odor molecules in half making ozone.

Odor neutralizers. Generally these are chemicals that specifically neutralizes one type of odor. IE 35% hydrogen per-oxide and urnine. There are only a few specific products in this catagory
my trailer part 1
my trailer part 2
3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail
~Aaron

#10 BigJimZ28

BigJimZ28

• Members
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:26 AM

Okay lets start with the basics.

Adding a scent is not a deoderizer.

sure it is:

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source de·o·dor·ize (dē-ō'də-rīz') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. de·o·dor·ized, de·o·dor·iz·ing, de·o·dor·iz·es

1. To mask or neutralize the odor of.
2. To make more acceptable, as by elimination or suppression of an offensive aspect: "Tighter regulation and the entrance of big developers . . . have helped deodorize the industry, but it is still plagued by undercapitalized and even fraudulent developers" (Forbes).

#11 Justin Murphy

Justin Murphy

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:37 AM

Duragloss' Absorb It! is simply the best I have ever used. Very potent and removes cigarette smell. Pet odor as well.

www.clean4udetailing.com 706-633-9149
Clean4U Detailing, Glass Cleaning, and Power Washing Services

#12 Jimmy Buffit

Jimmy Buffit

• Members
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:45 AM

Automotive International Odor Terminator.

No odor. None. A remarkable product.

Works on organic issues , but not things like gasoline, etc.

I've tried to find a competitive product ($) with no luck.

It is one of the few products I can't do without.

Did I mention that I like it?

Jim
JB

We Clean Cars.
Not The Planet.

Thank a Veteran. :usa:

#13 Grouse

Grouse

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:11 AM

sure it is:

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source de·o·dor·ize (dē-ō'də-rīz') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. de·o·dor·ized, de·o·dor·iz·ing, de·o·dor·iz·es

1. To mask or neutralize the odor of.
2. To make more acceptable, as by elimination or suppression of an offensive aspect: "Tighter regulation and the entrance of big developers . . . have helped deodorize the industry, but it is still plagued by undercapitalized and even fraudulent developers" (Forbes).

I think you misunderstood. as a guy who has specialized in deoderizing homes, cars, boats from malicious odors. The termanology is key to knowing what you are using, and the effects it will likely have.
my trailer part 1
my trailer part 2
3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail
~Aaron

#14 bluews6

bluews6

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

I had very good results with the maguires odor removal, took out cigarette odor with out a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users